*** The Official Hibernian Vs Rangers Match Thread ***

Essandoh

While it's hard to disagree with MW about the league being the most important thing to work to - I hope he is not under the impression that the result today does not matter!

Really looking forward to this - new dawn and all that!

He knows fine well what's expected at Rangers, he is just taking pressure of the players IMO. Big Davie will have gave him the low down, we expect to win every game, its simple

While it's hard to disagree with MW about the league being the most important thing to work to - I hope he is not under the impression that the result today does not matter!

Today isn't lost on him, he's stated that he wants to win every game and you could see his intensity on the touch line on Tuesday night.

He is however being realistic. It is the 4th game of our pre season and it may come too quickly for some of our players to fully integrate into his system and gel with their new team mates.

It's ip to us as a support to do our part. Spur them on but show patience and respect for what he's trying to do. The rewards may not be immediate, but they're coming.

Fucking intae them Rangers!!

I've had him in every team I've had, more in hope than expectation mind you.

He, along with McKay and potentially Walsh, are the only three capable of playing those wider positions in a front three IMO.

He has the ability and, even when he has been poor, which he has been, he's always trying to commit players and make things happen, exactly the style that suits a 4-3-3

I'm his biggest fan tbh, been calling for him to start for ages and he has flattered to deceive on occasion, but on his day, there's nobody better suited to the role IMO.

I think Warburton will get the best out of him.

Halliday can play as a wide man. Infact thats where hes been playing up to now.

Souness started by saying games against the scum were 'just another 3 points' (or was it 2 back then?).

He soon altered his opinion!

Its the only thing i slightly disagree with that hes said or did so far. Im not wanting to sound negative towards the guy because ive been very impressed with him so far, infact im buzzing for the season, but the season doesnt start when the league kicks off, it rarely has for Rangers. In potentially two years time, our most important games could be before the league has started. So hes sort of wrong on that. I take the point though regarding this season, but he said "always starts". Thats wrong imo.

Cant wait for kick off. I expect us to raise a few eyebrows today. Mon the gers

Its the only thing i slightly disagree with that hes said or did so far. Im not wanting to sound negative towards the guy because ive been very impressed with him so far, infact im buzzing for the season, but the season doesnt start when the league kicks off, it rarely has for Rangers. In potentially two years time, our most important games could be before the league has started. So hes sort of wrong on that. I take the point though regarding this season, but he said "always starts". Thats wrong imo.

Cant wait for kick off. I expect us to raise a few eyebrows today. Mon the gers

There is no way MW is telling the players the same as he's telling the press. The players will be under no illusion of what is expected of them today. He's taken the pressure off them a little but they'll know today is the time to start producing!

For the first time in a while I have no idea of what the result will be. I simply haven't seen enough of the new team to know. My big fear is we will be a bit toothless up front, but that is simply based on the Burnley match.

If we do lose it won't be the end of the world and folk need to remember that. Some are acting as if building a new team takes a weekend then it's done. It'll be a good number of matches before we start to see the true nature of the team.

Having said all that..... Let's fuck them over!

I'd have Templeton nowhere near our starting eleven today. I'd love him to prove me wrong but I just don't think he's of the quality we need at this moment. I can't remember the last time he had any kind of impact on a game.

It might seem a little strange but id give Tavernier the right wing slot today, hes shown that he's capable of playing in the forward third and I wouldn't mind McGregor playing right back. I know many still want us to sign another centre forward but imo a creative wide man would be my priority signing right now.