*** The Official Rangers V St Mirren Match Thread ***

WilliamFyfe

Fantastic first half, second half was more even without them really testing Foderingham.

We should've killed the game off, but a bad ball from Kiernan, they picked up the second ball and broke well. Bad time to concede too but that first half was great for the majority.

McKay was great, as was wallace, you can see the full back plays better whichever side McKay is on, not a coincidence as he links up well.

Fantastic - delighted for the boys and on another day - easily 4 or 5 goals scored that first half

So, you have summed up our keeper based on one shot?

Remind me again how Goram started his career with us.....

Don't even need to look that far back

Tin hat firmly on... Look at Forster, he wasn't too great for them at the start

Anyway, we definitely need a few more signings, I also think a couple of player will need to be moved on

So, you have summed up our keeper based on one shot?

Remind me again how Goram started his career with us.....

Must say I've already seen enough to know you only play it back to him if there is absolutely no other option.

The opposition know it too - see how quickly our back line got closed down.

We definitely have a problem with MWs philosophy of playing out from the keeper. I don't think it's Foderingham alone though.

The other defenders have to know when to punt it or look for another pass. We will get caught out if they stick to the mantra of playing that way, until they understand when to play it long or pass it about.

How long have these lads been together?

I've sure it will work after a few months of playing together and it will be a beautiful thing to watch.

good performance think we can defiantly do better in the weeks and months to come 3 points in the bag against one of our rivals is good and could of been a lot more goals.. pressure will be on hibs tomorrow away at dumbarton would be glorious if they fuck that up!

I was happy with that. The defence need some time to gel and I do think the addition of Eustace will be key. Halliday has been fantastic and I would definitely keep him at CM, but he's sometimes slightly naive when we're under the counter attack. But that will come if he continues to play this role for us. I also think Waghorn would be better out wide and to see if we could bring in a finisher up front with some pace. We sometimes lack the penetration through the middle which some pace could help with, especially when we nick the ball in the middle and look to counter.

All in all a fantastic atmosphere, fantastic football and a Rangers victory. Great night. :21:

By fuck did we make that hard for ourselves. Was certain that it would end 2-2, but must have been reading last seasons script.

Wallace, Tavernier, Halliday, Waghorn and even Law really impressed me tonight.

However, IMO, young Barrie McKay deserves special praise. By far the most improved player on the pitch. Great work rate from him, and he now seems to be able to use skill to beat a man, rather than just pace.

Must say I've already seen enough to know you only play it back to him if there is absolutely no other option.

The opposition know it too - see how quickly our back line got closed down.

I think that is the point though. It looks a bit hairy at times, and I'm sure it will cost us occasionally, but it will also create space and allow us to break quickly.