Andy Halliday

eskbankloyal

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tweet he favourited was this:

@CelticQuote: "I lost some friends when I made the move, but if that's what matters to them, then they're not really friends at all."

Jock Stein

If Rangers offered me £250 per week and the Taigs tossed £10k per week on the table I would pick Rangers every easily, every week 11 players run out onto the park living all of our dreams and in reality you couldn't put a weekly wage on a dream it's priceless.

The tackles he puts in are so well timed that he takes the ball almost all of the time and then the man just to let them know he's there and running the midfield.

Tbh I actually liked it when he clattered the Raith guy in the middle of the park after the cunt had floored Jason Holt like 10 seconds before it.

His commitment shows when after we scored in the 45th min Raith took kick off and he tracked the guy 50 yards won the ball and hurt himself knowing the ref was gona blow the whistle for half time anyway.

A fantastic asset.

Can't remember if it was after the 1st or 2nd penalty yesterday - did anyone notice Halliday picked up the ball and sprinted back to the cr. spot - slammed the ball down as if to say "Let's go again boys" - these small things show how much of an attitude shift there has been!

If Rangers offered me £250 per week and the Taigs tossed £10k per week on the table I would pick Rangers every easily, every week 11 players run out onto the park living all of our dreams and in reality you couldn't put a weekly wage on a dream it's priceless.

Nice to think but £250 quid a week with a young family or £10k a week when you only have a short career you'd be stupid to turn it down. Don't forget Allan was never going to be allowed to come to us, it wasn't like he was given the straight choice. Shit like that happens in football.

Can't remember if it was after the 1st or 2nd penalty yesterday - did anyone notice Halliday picked up the ball and sprinted back to the cr. spot - slammed the ball down as if to say "Let's go again boys" - these small things show how much of an attitude shift there has been!

Was just coming on to say this mate, think it was the second cause I mind thinking were 5 up and he's absolutely raring to go again.

Top quality stuff!

Nice to think but £250 quid a week with a young family or £10k a week when you only have a short career you'd be stupid to turn it down. Don't forget Allan was never going to be allowed to come to us, it wasn't like he was given the straight choice. Shit like that happens in football.

I agree with this, anyone saying they'd take £250 over £10k is either a liar or mental, however I disagree about what was on offer. None of us know what each team would have offered in wages, but there's definitely a point where even a sensible person would choose their boyhood team over another for less money. Allan may not have been allowed to come to us this summer (although who knows what would have happened deadline day) but even then the choice was sign for Celtic now or sign a pre-contract in January, he could have waited a few months. In the cold light of day though at this point I'm not bothered as we have an abundance of central midfield players and I'm not convinced we'd be any stronger with Scott in there.

I agree with this, anyone saying they'd take £250 over £10k is either a liar or mental, however I disagree about what was on offer. None of us know what each team would have offered in wages, but there's definitely a point where even a sensible person would choose their boyhood team over another for less money. Allan may not have been allowed to come to us this summer (although who knows what would have happened deadline day) but even then the choice was sign for Celtic now or sign a pre-contract in January, he could have waited a few months. In the cold light of day though at this point I'm not bothered as we have an abundance of central midfield players and I'm not convinced we'd be any stronger with Scott in there.

Got to agree.

Allan made his choice a concrete offer over one that might happen for him next year. If that were the only facts out there then many would have accepted that but it's because of who he went to that gets people so much.

To be honest though our midfield looks good at this early stage and I've no doubt warburton is lining up better quality players than Allan for next year.

Halliday has what it takes to be a legend here. Has the kind of attributes you'd look for in a captain and I'm convinced that unless we choose to move him on he'll want to stay on for the rest of his career.

£10k a week for 4 years and at the end of the contract you'd still be 27 and still plenty of time left to play for Rangers or £250 quid a week? It's nice to think you'd knock it back to show how staunch you are but from a career, financial and family point of view you'd be mental. Especially when you aren't the greatest player in the world anyway. I don't think he's better than Zelalem from what I've seen so far.

Got to agree.

Allan made his choice a concrete offer over one that might happen for him next year. If that were the only facts out there then many would have accepted that but it's because of who he went to that gets people so much.

To be honest though our midfield looks good at this early stage and I've no doubt warburton is lining up better quality players than Allan for next year.

Halliday has what it takes to be a legend here. Has the kind of attributes you'd look for in a captain and I'm convinced that unless we choose to move him on he'll want to stay on for the rest of his career.

Halliday has that hunger and drive and never shirks a challenge. A real good footballing brain on him and does the simple stuff well and gets it to those who can play.