Biggest Rangers Win

TheMotor

I'm hoping he can go on Saturday. I've got about 13 bets on that game :D .

The game in Malta must have been something to see. Did big D**** McPherson not get a hat-trick in that one? I remember Polaris got a hat-trick at Ibrox.

Would love to be there on saturday,distance and expense mean i wont be tho,be up for the QOS game in oct,and Morton in Dec.ive seen a few stinkers as well mind. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glory hunter, mate?

You only seem to go to games we score loads of goals in.

i guess ive just been lucky,cant get up often,never even been close to a ticket for a big game,so tend to see the run of the mill games.If we play a full 90 mins this season,i think we can at least equal the 8 this season.Be up for QOS in Oct and Morton in Dec,fingers crossed (tu)

i guess ive just been lucky,cant get up often,never even been close to a ticket for a big game,so tend to see the run of the mill games.If we play a full 90 mins this season,i think we can at least equal the 8 this season.Be up for QOS in Oct and Morton in Dec,fingers crossed (tu)

You would think so the way we are playing at the moment, would love it to be against Hibs the next time though.

The game in Malta must have been something to see. Did big D**** McPherson not get a hat-trick in that one? I remember Polaris got a hat-trick at Ibrox.

Got married on the Saturday and we got beat 3-2 at Hearts and went to Malta on the monday for the game, great two weeks.

The Valetta away tie was the most surreal experience ever.

With big McPherson going on a goal spree(he got 4,btw) it couldn't be anything else!

The Bears who made the journey were treated like football royalty by the locals.

Special memories.

With all the predictions of us dealing out some major pumpings this season, what are the biggest scores you have witnessed while watching the Gers?

I was part of the teensy wee crowd that saw us hammer Valletta 10-0 in 1983, and then saw us do Stranraer 8-0 in 1989. By the end of both matches, we were cheering the opposition when they strung two passes together, generous bastards that we are :D .

My strongest memory of the Stranraer game was me betting us to win 3-0 up to 8-0.

I was at my loudest when McCoist missed the late penalty to make it 9!

was at Stranraer one,pretty sure a guy called Bradley Kerr came off the bench for them and received much ridicule from the enclosure,memory may be foggy but sure I seen us put seven past morton too

(tu) Correct.

Mark Falco and Ally both got 3 apiece and wee Fleck got the other one, so you are not wrong mate, and your fogginess must have been due to all the highs we had in that memorable 86/87 season, culminating on our league victory.

:uk:

Aw right, that one.

I'm sure we beat Stenhousemuir 8-0 in division 2 at some point aswell.

Edit: we did.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24301766

We certainly did. That was the first (and only) game my wife has been to Ibrox as we were on holiday at the time. To make it even better for her, it was also Forces day, so it was one of the many highlights of her trip to Europe.

Double figure wins do seem extremely rare. Not so much because teams are not capable of them but because teams tend to take their foot off the gas when the game is well and truly won at somewhere around 5-0. The fact that some end up at 10 is more down to the ineptness of the other team.

If we do a ten this season, I suspect it will be the only one and a kind of symbolic scoreline for the season (like Hearts and Cowdenbeath).