Dundee Utd For The Drop?

1 minute ago, Hamie said:

Jackie McNamarra - what a man; relegates United and York in one season. 

Best young manager ever. 

Don't forget his sidekick and partner in crime wee simon donnelly..takes hard work to be as shite as they are and to achieve this feat is quite remarkable..I hope they throw their hat into the mhanky job ring...:541:

Good result for Accies who next play Kilmarnock at New Douglas Park where they could seal safety with a win.  But unless Accies can produce something from their famous academy system for next season I think they're simply postponing it for a year.

DU now need a miracle turnaround just to make the play off.  Four matches remaining 3 of them away and must grab 3 wins from the 4 just to get 1 point ahead of Kilmarnock presuming Kilmarnock were losing all theirs.  Highly unlikely, they're done for.

And in addition the probable Championship contenders for next season are no pushovers.  They could be down for an extended period. 

They're down  I know its not arithmetically certain but in the real world they are down.  Down, down, down.   Good.

Clear out time beckons.   Can't think of any or their players we'd want though.   And with a clear out of players a further weakening perhaps.   And with it a prolonged stay in lower divisions.  Who knows with Dunfermline promoted and with (hopefully) Hibs still being in the Championship next season along with Falkirk, St Mirren and Raith maybe they could even fall down another division.  Not beyond the realms of credible possibility.