Ex Barcelona Wonderkid Training At Rangers

rfc1990

A pretty nomadic career so far,being at big clubs but never really breaking through.

Farmed out to everycunt and any cunt and never finding a "home"......sounds familiar.

Technically he left barca for city. I think it was something mad like 60k pw he went for.

Barca wanted to keep him.and city took him off them. From then on though I agree his career has spiraled

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is a good player with the right mentality and attributes for us Magic Hat will sign him, I think Partick Thistle are meant to have signed an ex barca youth captain like 1-2 years ago and I haven't heard of or seen that player since then, so just because he is ex Barca I wouldn't jump at him as it seems like Barca youth can produce some mediocre players too.

Of course. Just like how a team like Queens Park can produce players like Andrew Robertson.

Good players can come from anywhere. Just look how small NI is and they produced one of the world's greatest ever, George Best.

A lesson on keeping your eyes peeled and having a great scouting system.

You never know where the next superstar will pop up so it's best to have as many scouts as possible rather than the "system" we had employed under the last regime.

Warburton probably knows him from his next gen days, wonder how many more players of that age he's aware of that haven't quite lived up to expectation for one reason or another? in this guys case it seems injuries have been a problem, the guy wont have lost the ability that attracted man c and barca, if he can get him fit could be an inspired signing.

Warburton probably knows him from his next gen days, wonder how many more players of that age he's aware of that haven't quite lived up to expectation for one reason or another? in this guys case it seems injuries have been a problem, the guy wont have lost the ability that attracted man c and barca, if he can get him fit could be an inspired signing.

Hope you're right.

A lot of really talented kids have lost their way after being drawn in by the glamour clubs, getting disillusioned because they're not hitting the fist team and end up being loaned out all over the shop. Sometimes likely they end up even lost to the game because they never made the breakthrough.

There will be loads of kids like that in their early 20's who just need a chance, an injection of hope and an arm round their shoulder. Warburton WILL know a lot of kids like that from his NextGen days. It could prove a real benefit to us over the next few years.

Hope you're right.

A lot of really talented kids have lost their way after being drawn in by the glamour clubs, getting disillusioned because they're not hitting the fist team and end up being loaned out all over the shop. Sometimes likely they end up even lost to the game because they never made the breakthrough.

There will be loads of kids like that in their early 20's who just need a chance, an injection of hope and an arm round their shoulder. Warburton WILL know a lot of kids like that from his NextGen days. It could prove a real benefit to us over the next few years.

What an appointment the guy's been so far and the potential to bring so much more.

Hope you're right.

Exactly this. Seems to be the players he goes for. If he pulls these kind of signings off, then you are looking at significant resale values and more ofthen than not, free to get.

I've never seen this boy play - so am unqualified to give an opinion on whether or not he would be a 'great', 'good' or 'poor' signing. The fact that he is currently unsigned would indicate that he is not in the 'wonder kid' class he once occupied. If he impresses whilst training with us, Warburton sees a place for him in the squad and mutually agreeable terms can be negotiated then that will do me. He is, however, a footballer and could break his leg tomorrow so forgive me if I don't get overexcited just yet.

Technically he left barca for city. I think it was something mad like 60k pw he went for.

Barca wanted to keep him.and city took him off them. From then on though I agree his career has spiraled

Frightening that boys,as young as he was and still not playing first team football,should be earning 60k per week.

Feruz is supposed to be on a similar deal at Chelsea.

No wonder the game is fucked.

Good to see hes getting a trail and not a contract straight away. Got to earn the right to play for Rangers for a change.

Could be a good acquisition if the kid applies himself

Totally agree. I often think that players coming from Spain etc struggle with the pace and aggression of the game here, no matter how talented they are. Excellent to see the club using a trail period to properly suss out his fitness and suitability. We've definitely fallen into the trap before of signing people on name only, or people that are clearly injured. Love the way we are doing things under MW.