Ex Barcelona Wonderkid Training At Rangers

rfc1990

Could be a great move MW seems to be a top judge of person and seems like the guy clearly has ability so if he signs I'm sure his attitude will be spot on. I'm sure the guy is crying out to revive his career and at rangers he could certainly do that exciting stuff

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my son been following this kid (not in the stalking kind of way)...and just the fact that he is training with us says we are doing a lot of things right...and players/managers see us a serious educators of their 'talent'.

That is only to be applauded....and down to MW, his reputation, contacts and status within the game

I seem to remember Holt playing a game for us as a trialist this season. Hopefully we get a look at him on Tuesday night, I have a good feeling about this one :21:

Just the two friendlies I'm sure. He signed straight after the Burnley game iirc.

So this lad's been at a few clubs and not yet broken through to stardom due to injury and not playing regular first team football.

That doesn't make him shite, it puts him in the same boat as Tav.

Fingers crossed

Exactly.

The likes of Tav, Kiernan, Waghorn, Holt etc all bounced around lower leagues and have been terrific since we brought them in.

I trust W&W's judgement - if anyone can help him reach his potential it's them.

One of the biggest reasons why a talent gets lost, is the people around him who blow him up, then drop him when he doesn't reach "their" inflated aspirations.

The player then starts to lose confidence in his abilities and loses direction and ambition.

The talent is still there, but needs to be coaxed out, allowing the confidence to return.

Hopefully this can be done with this player, and we can benefit from it.

W&W seem to have the insight for this type of player, as seen in Tavernier, Waghorn and to a degree young McKay, and seem to bring the best out in them, and dare I say Law, Wallace and Shiels are benefiting also from their positive approach.

Hopefully this becomes something we are renowned for with "forgotten" talent, and we can bring this type of player and future ones into the team to prove this type of coaching ethic is the winning formula.

We won't have 100% success obviously, but at this time we seem to be doing pretty well ......... and the old saying ....... "If it's not broken don't fix it" ....... comes to mind.

:uk:

Iniesta wants us to sign him.

Iniesta urges Rangers to sign Assulin

Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta says Rangers should sign former Nou Camp youth player Gai Assulin. The 24 year-old is currently on trial at Ibrox with Mark Warburton currently deciding if he should offer the 24 year-old winger a contract. (Mail)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rumour-mill-celtic-penalty-claims-jozo-simunovic-back-gai-assulin-1-3920352#axzz3os4fIXcQ

Good stuff to hear Iniesta recommended we sign him, but I wish it was an article and interview from Iniesta saying that instead of just a news headline on the Scotsman with no quotes from Iniesta

It's a bad day when the Scotsman can't even prove their source in an article