Kenny Miller - 1 Year Contract Extension

one55

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is all about his all round attitude and professionalism, I don't expect him to be a prominent figure in the first team but he is and always has been a model professional be it on and off the park, I'd imagine that Warburton will want to use his way of life as a benchmark for the younger players in the squad.

Kenny miller in first 5 games of the season (3 sub appearances I think and 2 starts) - 5 goals

He's definitely effective even if he was only a 2nd/3rd choice for any of front 3 positions

A year contract extension and then maybe keep him as a coach will do me

I agree...plus he has been pretty healthy as of late and will be a good influence for new signings.

Hopefully on a coach level wage rather than first team starting player wage. Useful back up but even right now I think we're weaker when we play him never mind next season when I'd expect us to be better again.

It worried me a little when he said this year he wouldn't be happy being a sub or bit part player, I hope his attitude to that has softened.

End of the day though I trust Warburtons knowledge of a player better than mine so good luck to him and I hope he repays the faith his manager has in him.

Good move imo. His experience in and around the squad will be excellent. Don't think he'll play as many games as he has done this year though, but a great squad player to have, and I think he'll be helping with the coaching side of things.

Wonder if this has anything to do with Clark maybe for the heave-ho? 'If' he was and Kenny was to leave in the simmer too it would have left us ridicously short up top.

Hopefully on a coach level wage rather than first team starting player wage. Useful back up but even right now I think we're weaker when we play him never mind next season when I'd expect us to be better again.

It worried me a little when he said this year he wouldn't be happy being a sub or bit part player, I hope his attitude to that has softened.

End of the day though I trust Warburtons knowledge of a player better than mine so good luck to him and I hope he repays the faith his manager has in him.

Anybody who says they will be satisfied being a bit part player should be booted out