G.E.C.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

December- They'll fall away.

January- They'll fall away.

February-? They have City and Arsenal away. If they come away with 4 points I think theyl win it.

This, Every month ah they will fall away. This 2 weeks is huge what benefits Leicester is City still have Arsenal to play on 2nd last day of season.

I posted about December time that they weren't going away any time soon, I still haven't seen any evidence to suggest otherwise.

People keep banging on that city or Arsenal will come through in the end which may well be the case, but hats of to Leicester for giving them serious food for thought.

I would love them to win it as it would be another boot in the baws to their claim it's the greatest league in the world.

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I would love them to win it as it would be another boot in the baws to their claim it's the greatest league in the world.

Surely a team like Leicester winning it would only enhance the leagues reputation.

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Not for me, it would just prove how poor the big teams have been over the whole season.

IMO, a team outside the 'top 4' winning the league would be a PR goldmine for the league.

Still not sure they'll hold on though. A lot of pressure on the shoulders of the Vardy/Mahrez partnership and Vardy may start getting distracted by Euro 2016, that's just a guess as I don't really know his character that well.

They have shut everyone up..

Personally i think they'll  win it but if not  a CL place would be the very least they deserve.What a breath of fresh air they have been.

4 points from the next 2 games and i feel they'll go on and lift it.Hopefully

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

IMO, a team outside the 'top 4' winning the league would be a PR goldmine for the EPL.

Still not sure they'll hold on though. A lot of pressure on the shoulders of the Vardy/Mahrez partnership and Vardy may start getting distracted by Euro 2016, that's just a guess as I don't really know his character that well.

I get what your saying to an extent but I honestly can't  see any epl representation in the champions league after the quarter final stage,  that for me will tell me the strength of the league. 

13 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I get what your saying to an extent but I honestly can't  see any epl representation in the champions league after the quarter final stage,  that for me will tell me the strength of the league. 

Aye, although even CL representation isn't indicative of a leagues strength, IMO, as it has just become a popularity contest.

I'm not saying it is the greatest league, I don't think that at all, but they'd use Leicester winning it as 'proof' it is.

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

Aye, although even CL representation isn't indicative of a leagues strength, IMO, as it has just become a popularity contest.

I'm not saying it is the greatest league, I don't think that at all, but they'd use Leicester winning it as 'proof' it is.

Yeah they will roll out how competitive the league is if Leicester win it but in truth, if you put a Bayern, Barca or Real in the epl this season I reckon they would be at least 10pts clear of their closet rivals .

I watched a dvd recently about Nottingham Forest and the transformation of the club from a second division club to a European cup winning team in 5 years and similar to Leicester the year Forest won the league the discussion was always about when the bubble was going to burst,well Forest's bubble didn't burst against a Liverpool side who were two years running European champions so maybe there is hope for Leicester.

Tuesday was a crucial game for them, they go into these next 2 with no pressure I feel because usually the wouldn't be expected to pick up anything, City and Arsenal both need to pick up the win against them plus am sure Spurs play City the weekend of Arsenal v Leicester, shaping up nicely hope Leicester go on and do it.