Where Do We Need To Strengthen?

graeme_4

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we now require a uefa pro licence to criticise our manager?

You quote top of the league - which is great. Cup final - great. Lost once in league - great.

Now a different look at it - two wins in five in the league. I don't think that's good enough, do you?

Teams running through the centre of our defence in every game, with no sign of the problem being rectified by Warburton. I don't think that good enough, do you?

When we come up against a brick wall of a defence - no sign of a change of play to deal with it. I don't think that's good enough, do you?

As for Warburton being forced out the game - don't be such a drama queen!

He's had a really good start and has received universal praise for it. That doesn't get him a free ride when things aren't so good. If your system struggles in this league, it's clear more is needed.

We've just started a really important run of games - badly. Improvement is needed on our recent form

Na but its the constant undeserved criticism he gets which is ridiculous.

two wins in five, what if this was in the spl and we were STILL 3 points clear? Would he be criticised the way he is? No. Every team has a slump in form, when was the last time we went through a season with a slump in form?

Who says the problem isn't being rectified? It was two individual mistakes on Saturday and weve only conceded 2 goals all season when the defence has been at sea so that's another load of pish.

Why would he change it sitting top of the league 3 points clear? Weve drew against Livi and Morton all season, every other team that has had brick wall defences weve broke down and beat.

His system isn't struggling when hes 3 points clear, like I said repeatedly. Poor slump in form, every team goes through it, get over it.

Couldn't agree more , guy only knows how to play one style and will be found out big time if he's still here when we are in Europe.

Was getting praised earlier in the season when he said we wouldnt change the way we play or resort to long ball punts up to a big bustling striker. We would persist with what he and the players believe in. Everyone applauding him saying well done, play the right way and so on.

Some bumps on the road now folk want plan B, not going to happen as Warburton persists with what he believes is the best way to win football matches. We knew that when we brought him in

He can only work with what he has and he has only had 1 transfer window and an empty biscuit tin to work with. He got us playing better football with better footballers in a very short period of time, we have went off the boil like 99.9% of teams do throughout a season but we find ourselves still top of the table.

This comes down to King and co backing MW, its clear guys like Clark and Miller are not good enough to play in our first team long term especially Clark. We need a striker who can take his chances and if we get that we would be streets ahead as we create a high number of scoring chances every single week. A midfielder is also needed but not as important as a striker for what we need to achieve this season.

Given that we've got the Latvian boy in and brought in the youngster from Feyenoird MW despite what he's said in the press looks to have indentified that as a position that needs strengthened.

We need a CDM, Halliday has done well but was never meant to stay there long term.

A player that has that wee bit of magic to open up defences, that wee bit of spark I think we are missing. For this season u think that's enough.

I think most have forgotten that we clubbed together a team in July we are still a working progress and when the trans window opens he will strengthen to win us the league. Come the start of next season he will strengthen again to challenge in the top league. All the teams we are playing are well established teams we are not we are a working progress and some fans need to step back take a deep breathe and allow things to develop. You cant changes things IF you dont have the tools to do it, just look at the bench, that in itself tells the story in the first half of this season only lost one game and 2 draws. It just so happens Hivs are on a good run too, points wise we are better than herts were last season at this starge and they where cake walking it just goes to show how poor the teams in our league where last season. This season Hivs, Falkirk, Raith and even morton all look strong teams. For me this season our team will be tested all the way until the end of the season which I happen to think is healthy as it will put us in a stronger position next season when challenging in the top league.

I think most have forgotten that we clubbed together a team in July we are still a working progress and when the trans window opens he will strengthen to win us the league. Come the start of next season he will strengthen again to challenge in the top league. All the teams we are playing are well established teams we are not we are a working progress and some fans need to step back take a deep breathe and allow things to develop. You cant changes things IF you dont have the tools to do it, just look at the bench, that in itself tells the story in the first half of this season only lost one game and 2 draws. It just so happens Hivs are on a good run too, points wise we are better than herts were last season at this starge and they where cake walking it just goes to show how poor the teams in our league where last season. This season Hivs, Falkirk, Raith and even morton all look strong teams. For me this season our team will be tested all the way until the end of the season which I happen to think is healthy as it will put us in a stronger position next season when challenging in the top league.

I don't think anyone has forgotten because it's mentioned on here every day in defence of poor performances.

Points wise we're not better off than hearts were at this stage last season.

I don't think anyone has forgotten because it's mentioned on here every day in defence of poor performances.

Points wise we're not better off than hearts were at this stage last season.

Rubbish nothing to do with defending poor performance its about building a team at the start middle and to start of next season thats my point at each stage to build and add the quality you need to reach the goals you want to achieve, you just cant do it in one transfer window.

For me there's two major priorities:

1. A holding midfielder that can marshal the defence, break up play and dictate the tempo of the game. I love Halliday, but he's essentially a winger shoehorned in there.

2. A clinical striker to give Waghorn support. Miller isn't conducive to our style (not smart enough, terrible touch, can't beat a man) and Clark just isn't good enough now (and certainly won't be going forward). If a new striker goes through the middle, it lets Waghorn go either side where I think he's more effective.

Most areas could do with 'upgraded' players or competition for places, but I think the these two must be a priority.

Strengthen for what? Next season? We need about 15 players

We need and out and out goal scorer- no slight on Waghorn he just needs a partner, he can then move wider and start running at defences which is one of his strengths and now fully utilised when he's central.

An experienced CB, an old heed. Don't think MW will but think that would sure us up defensively.

And a top class holding Midfielder.