And So It Begins

RFC55

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is that our fans were singing a banned song including words which have been deemed to cause offence so we can't complain if we do receive a punishment. Nor can we say that other teams are treated with leniency compared to us.

Imagine if we were docked 3 points and lost the league by a couple of points. The singers would perhaps regret digging out the old songbook. I know that won't happen but one day we will be back in Europe and daft singing could land us in real bother.

Personally I wish we could just move on and treat it like going to a football match. Other teams seem to manage.

The bottom line is that our fans were singing a banned song including words which have been deemed to cause offence so we can't complain if we do receive a punishment. Nor can we say that other teams are treated with leniency compared to us.

Imagine if we were docked 3 points and lost the league by a couple of points. The singers would perhaps regret digging out the old songbook. I know that won't happen but one day we will be back in Europe and daft singing could land us in real bother.

Personally I wish we could just move on and treat it like going to a football match. Other teams seem to manage.

Aye cause other teams are only up to their knees in Arab, united, rovers blodd etc.

Geez fucking peace.

It was big trophies in the ground yesterday

Hahahaha, our fault. Is it our fault people get offended, is it fuck.

Another apologist. 50k were singing it yesterday not just a select few. Like I said it strikes fear into the opposition and the rest of Scottish football can't handle it. Fine us all they want but points getting docked for fans singing? Haha. Am sure a few grand fine wouldn't bother supporters who sung it.

We can't get docked points ya clown

Ha ha FS!

Too many Rangers fans want to sing banned songs more than they love the club.

Some of the people on this forum are about as bright as a 2 watt bulb tbh I genuinely dispair

Wake up and smell the coffee ffs !!!

ps If a realist is a handwringer then thats what I am

"thats" should be that's, who is " as bright as a 2 watt bulb" now.

Some of the people on this forum are about as bright as a 2 watt bulb tbh I genuinely dispair

the banned song was not sang yesterday. Is TBB tune banned.

The song isn't banned. Its sung in plenty of other grounds on a weekly basis both here and down south.

Its a certain word that we were advised to leave out and it was left out.

Deal with it.

Can't spell, can't punctuate. Accuses others of being thick. Smells like sectarian schooling to me.

Could you please enlighten us as to the relevance of a ban in UEFA competitions for the use of a single phrase in a song, when that song is sung in an SFA governed competition with the offending line removed?