Players Out Of Contract In The Summer

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wages they are on shouldn't put us off if we can't get better players in,if any of these players were to go elsewhere in pretty sure they would get contracts of lower value than they have rifght now,

I would keep them all on lower deals,maybe a doubt keeping temps as he has really struggled with injury

I'd keep Shiels, but the rest can leave.

The impact Shiels has made when he's appeared has been excellent, in my opinion. He improves us from the 60th minute mark onwards.

Templeton had the potential, but he hasn't tried a leg and I would put my mortgage on him being released, he's been that bad.

Clark is decent, nothing more, nothing less. He's not going to be bench worthy when we're competing in the top flight with Celtic, Aberdeen, etc., so I wouldn't offer him a renewal.

Law can fuck off. His hide-and-seek performances last season were bad, but watching Mohnsi being attacked by Motherwell players along with his wee mate Ricky Foster while the likes of Kenny Miller intervened is unforgivable in my eyes.

So you would bin one of our best players this season and one of the few who are first tier quality? Whatever happened to Mr Warburton's "clean sheet" approach?

I'd keep Shiels, but the rest can leave.

The impact Shiels has made when he's appeared has been excellent, in my opinion. He improves us from the 60th minute mark onwards.

Templeton had the potential, but he hasn't tried a leg and I would put my mortgage on him being released, he's been that bad.

Clark is decent, nothing more, nothing less. He's not going to be bench worthy when we're competing in the top flight with Celtic, Aberdeen, etc., so I wouldn't offer him a renewal.

Law can fuck off. His hide-and-seek performances last season were bad, but watching Mohnsi being attacked by Motherwell players along with his wee mate Ricky Foster while the likes of Kenny Miller intervened is unforgivable in my eyes.

you fucking slaughtered mohsni for that , now you think law should have got involved

Shiels, Law and Clark have all made decent contributions during this season but I would let them all go. Edit: Templeton too, obviously.

There are better players out there in the same price range. I don't think any of them match up to Holt or Waghorn or Tavernier. Imagine what Warburton could bring in next summer with a few more pennies to spend and a functioning scouting team?

I'd offer all four a one year extension on vastly reduced wages reflecting their input into the team in comparison with that of others. This gives each a chance to prove himself at the top level domestically with us and also maintains some stability and depth in the squad. And decent appearance fees might be a useful carrot. Of course, the coaching staff will know much more as to whether Temps will ever be 'available' to play again for us, so maybe not for him.

Id keep Law.

Think we're seeing the best of Shiels right now , but at 31 I think we should be looking to play someone younger.

Don't see Clark starting too many games so would try sign another goalscorer ( Gutkovskis ? )

Neither do I see Temps playing a major role in the future.