*****Official Rangers v Falkirk match thread*****

Tiger Shaw

Surprised so many people want Forrester to start when he's clearly not match fit and we're playing one of only two sides who can even slightly compete with us.

With Holt back in, I would imagine it will just be a question of Ball or Shiels in for Halliday. I think Ball might be better for the role. I've enjoyed watching Shiels this season but he has been much better coming off the bench and playing further forward.

Falkirk were well and truly beaten by Dundee tonight, 3-1. They've had a few poor results of late and I'm sure they'll think they can change that bad run against us on Saturday, but it's just talk by that hateful count Huston. No way will we be the team that allows them to have a change in fortunes.

It's on a Saturday and a well populated Ibrox so I'll go for something like 3-0, depending I suppose on who replaces Haliday.

18 hours ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

How's ticket sales looking for this?

Somebody said on another thread less than 4k left .(tu)

Stadium plan

http://www.rangers.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=IB&product=T16A12&campaign=&type=H&productsubtype=

Why are soo many saying they would start forrester???  He doesn't look fit yet and he's only played about 40 mins in total, it would be too big a risk to start someone who hasn't had much game time recently! 

Wes,Tav,Kiernan,Wilson,Wallace,Ball,Law,Holt,Mckay,Miller,Waghorn 

I'm sure Warburton has already said Holt is fit and trained today.

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Could do a lot worse albear. 

Law is mobile, can move the ball well and dictate play. I'd rather him in there than mckay as mentioned. Ball will be in contention but think law would be better. 

Considering MW has stated Kiernan, Ball, Thompson, Shiels and Zelalem can fill that role I think, and hope, Law is way down the list. He's never a DM in his life, IMO.

3 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Considering MW has stated Kiernan, Ball, Thompson, Shiels and Zelalem can fill that role I think, and hope, Law is way down the list. He's never a DM in his life, IMO.

I think you make a valid point.

I'd be happier to see a ball player in there as we should have more of the ball. Had it been away from home I'd maybe been slightly more defensive minded but think we will dictate heavily tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

I'd go:

Foderingham

Tav, Kiernan, Wilson, Wallace

Holt, Ball, McKay

Waghorn, Miller, King

So no place for Law. Are you wanting another "blip"? Or are you just bitter that Law is probably one of the few players we have who could be able for the Premier division.

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

Two good games coming up.Fully expect both games to end in favour of the Gers.Put Falkirk out of their misery and Killie out the cup.As MW says its all about the Rangers no one else.

We have Raith on Tuesday night as well.

1 minute ago, rfc1990 said:

We have Raith on Tuesday night as well.

Good call.Dont see it as having much baring on the final outcome of league but yep every game will be critical at this point.Still think getting the right result tomorrow will have a big input in putting Falkirk out of the equation but take your point.

18 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

If this weather turns the way they are suggesting the game might be in danger?

Rather they said early than have another bloody hearts game on our hands. 

Forecast is early morning snow turning to sleet or rain showers by 11 and cloud by 2 or 3. Should be fine 

19 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

If this weather turns the way they are suggesting the game might be in danger?

Rather they said early than have another bloody hearts game on our hands. 

BBC shows Glasgow wet until 11am  then dry for the rest of the day apart from a bit of rain at 2pm.