*****Official Rangers v Falkirk match thread*****

Tiger Shaw

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I'd be surprised if they sold us Vaulks.

we wouldn't let Murdoch go there on loan.

dont think it would happen either, if Houston has any say in it anyway.

We let Sinnamon go there and he might have had a dozen or so minutes of first team action and thats probably the reason for not letting murdoch go there.

Knowing how Warburton likes to get business done early I can't help but feel that Diagouraga was the one we wanted and now we are struggling to get our Plan B.....whether its Corry Evans or Vaulks etc.

Still, can't complain when this time last year we got 5 loanees  from Newcastle where only 1 would really feature, 2 never featured, 1 featured for 15 mins and the last featured for about 30 mins after being injured most of the time.

39 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I agree, and you know I don't dislike Zelalem. I think he is tidy, and I think he does move the ball, but he doesn't have the and he doesn't have the tenacity for him to star in this team just now.

But that's what he's here to learn, I suppose. He will go back to Arsenal with good experiences anyway, but I don't want to see him start on Saturday.

Agreed. Falkirk have shown they are a threat. Zelalem is a little out of sorts right now. We need a whole team that can not only retain the ball but continually press. I think, in this game, Ball is the guy I would go for as the holding midfielder with any other combination that doesn't include Zelalem. Forrester I like too but he's not match fit. Hopefully he'll get another half hour on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I agree and Warburton talks of having to "give players a pathway to the first team". Yes Thompson has been on the bench but he needs to play at some stage.

I don't think our academy will ever be responsible for the first team XI, though I would love it if that were the case, so I think we have to be smart here.

Getting young and hungry players from the EPL is a wise move if we don't have money to sign players permanently. If we manage to get back into Europe and start generating capital then perhaps we'll supplement our youths with experienced signings.

With Zelalem he has shown flashes (his assist for Waggy at Airdrie stands out for me) but he's not the finished article by a longshot and doesn't offer as much to the team as Holt or Law. I'd like to see Thompson get a start to see what he can do rather than become another Sinnamon like player where his reputation on this forum precedes the player.

It's only a wise move if the players involved perform consistently at a level better than what we can hope for from our own players.....and if by giving loan players gametime, that you aren't holding back the development of your own players in a significant way.

I base my want to see Thompson get more gametime on only one substitute appearence. You could fairly say that isn't enough but it won't be enough until he gets more gametime. in that one evening I just saw enough ability, composure along with a gallus streak that had me wanting to see more and suggested he may be ready for it........

All that said, I'll go with what MW and DW decide.

5 minutes ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

Really hope Holt is fit for this. 

I think some should take note that so many of us are anxious that Holt is fit and that he only cost 65,000.

Not quite Bobby Russell like value for money but bloody good none the less.

Slightly different look on the team for me but I'd go with -

Wes

tav Kaiser Wilson wallace

ball

Law / holt (if fit) and McKay in his natural AM position

waghorn Miller (due to current form) law / Forresster (first start see what he's got)

WATP ?

3 hours ago, the goal machine said:

I'd play:

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Thompson

Holt Law

Waghorn Miller McKay

But I wouldn't be surprised to see either Shiels or Ball start in Halliday's position.

Pretty much this but i'd put Ball in for Wilson for his pace in this one.

Foderingham

Tavernier   |  Kiernan   |  Wilson  |  Wallace

Ball (assuming Halliday won't be allowed to feature if his red card not rescinded)

Holt                            McKay                                          

Waghorn    |    Miller    |    Forrester

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 4-0 Rangers prediction

Subs: Shiels, Clark (only if Miller starts?), Zelalem/Law/Hardie/Thompson (?)

Shiels provides an argument for starting, our front 3 is so fluid & McKay has shown he can flourish in midfield too although he might keep playing on the wings primarily obviously. Law wasn't very effective against the bread and butter sort of team he has been playing for 3 years now last night.

I don't think that will be the starting 11 but it's possible if Forrester + Miller both start.

3 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

When we score I want to see the whole of Ibrox do The Halliday.

JS70751948.jpg

I think this is gonna happen. Anyone near the Falkirk fans in particular will do this... makes a change from the usual sticking the fingers up. Hope it doesnt incite a riot.....  .... ....