Rangers have the money... but we won't pay over the odds, insists boss Mark Warburton

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Genius reply ya tosser, King has been failing since he took the job. Taking loans to pay loans is only going to end one way . I care more about the club than any of the suits that constantly destroy us.

You haven't a fucking clue

Fucking mental some of the posts on here, like something you'd read from taigs.

Our Manager's a bare faced liar now lol.

Does anyone, really, and I mean really think, our Manager was sitting there telling blatant lies to the media?

He obviously means he would not pay what he thinks is not value for a player. Yes a bid was made, maybe more, but the were valued by their clubs at more than our Manager thought they worth. So to him he hasn't missed out, it wasn't value for money and he wasn't prepared to pay it. Did people even read the article, it's even in the title of the thread ffs.

Mental!

1 hour ago, thehost said:

What is the largest amount we have spent, thus far, on a player; Since MW started. Anyone have it to hand?

For a single player : 220k 

Largest sum was 400k on two players. 

One was 65k, Forrester was a undisclosed fee and the rest have all been free. 

Every faith in MW. He works within a budget which I am sure is pretty tight. No problems with that and it's also good that he maintains confidentially whether he has differences with the board or not over money. I am getting the impressoon he hasn't. It's his style and should be commended. I think he understands our situation very well and is well prepared to work with it and may even see it as a better challenge.

Sure we have weaknesses on the park but, we are still some fitba team and we will still win this league out of sight, so I  can't get too hysterical yet.

Whilst some on the board would be better keeping mouth firmly shut at times, I actually think they and MW are on the same page. Now that's something for me

The summer is the acid test in what monies are available, so Dave needs to be performing some miracles himself and make sure he provides what MW needs. ST sales income will be the best ever, additional income streams and a few Directors digging a bit deeper, I honestly think we will be in good shape.

So it's fuck the mhedia and the rest of the haters. Better ignored.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Every faith in MW. He works within a budget which I am sure is pretty tight. No problems with that and it's also good that he maintains confidentially whether he has differences with the board or not over money. I am getting the impressoon he hasn't. It's his style and should be commended. I think he understands our situation very well and is well prepared to work with it and may even see it as a better challenge.

Sure we have weaknesses on the park but, we are still some fitba team and we will still win this league out of sight, so I  can't get too hysterical yet.

Whilst some on the board would be better keeping mouth firmly shut at times, I actually think they and MW are on the same page. Now that's something for me

The summer is the acid test in what monies are available, so Dave needs to be performing some miracles himself and make sure he provides what MW needs. ST sales income will be the best ever, additional income streams and a few Directors digging a bit deeper, I honestly think we will be in good shape.

Fuck me, I knew if I waited long enough I'd find a post where I actually agreed with you :D

7 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Fucking mental some of the posts on here, like something you'd read from taigs.

Our Manager's a bare faced liar now lol.

Does anyone, really, and I mean really think, our Manager was sitting there telling blatant lies to the media?

He obviously means he would not pay what he thinks is not value for a player. Yes a bid was made, maybe more, but the were valued by their clubs at more than our Manager thought they worth. So to him he hasn't missed out, it wasn't value for money and he wasn't prepared to pay it. Did people even read the article, it's even in the title of the thread ffs.

Mental!

Was King that i described not the manager.

For those a little more clued up than I,  where do we stand with still running at a loss,  albeit a much smaller loss than previously,  and finances for purchases within the financial fair play rules? 

Can King just say here's 10 million of my money go buy players,  or am I correct in thinking the "club" has to be able to afford it? 

I think we should have bid £1m for O'Halloran. Then I reckon another £1m should have been spent on Dougie. We shouldn't be messing about making silly bids for players. We shouldn't be getting any players in on loan, we are Rangers and we're rich as fuck and we have hunners of money to burn and we should let people know who we are and that we're coming and that would tell us how serious Dave King and his cronies are about spending money. Aye, that would show 'em

FFS :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If you're actively trying to sign a player and you don't get him,does that not mean you've missed out on him?

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Crying out for a Dm for months,we make 2 bids,fail but naw we were never interested in him.

600 k was an excellent price for an established Championship player.

i'm sure the value fanboys will disagree though.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

600 k was an excellent price for an established Championship player.

i'm sure the value fanboys will disagree though.

He still had 18 months left on his contract iirc,there was no chance we were getting him cheap. Same with 150k for Mickface.

39 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuck off prick , the guy is a barefaced fuckin liar. This whole loan pish is embarrassing and should never have happened. King got the job by lying to the fans and its only a matter of time till the club are in danger once again .

Job? They don't get paid...

Whats he lied about? Please enlighten me.

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Good post.

Mibbes also add that the January window is a panic window, clubs with anything to compete for aren't letting their better players go in January when they will have to replace them in the same overpriced market.

Nothing wrong with saying that we'll have a look in January and see what can be done then looking and not finding any value, what would be wrong is overpaying in panic just to appease the media.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I'm sure the value fanboys will disagree though.

To be fair value is fuck all to do with us, what matters is;

1. What we can afford.

2. What MW thinks.

What's the value of the add ons?

When you add in the wages Leeds are paying for 4 years what does the total cost of the deal become?

It's not just about the transfer fee!

Jesus wept. This forum sometimes.

We've done the majority of our business in the summer, January, as has been stated by Warburton, isn't a great month for the deals we are after, but we got 3 in on short term deals/loans to provide competition and the final push, coupled with two talented youngsters on precontracts.

WTF is the issue? why would we pay anyone anywhere a couple of mil for a player to come play in the Scottish Championship? It's fucking daft to think we will. Even a mil, or half a mil, it's not exactly pennies is it considering where we are. We only get about 200k for winning this tin pot league anyway.

Why let it bother you King hasn't invested as much as he said he would, for all anyone knows, he's spent a lot of money on the infrastructure, the youth squads, the stadium, Murray Park, etc etc etc. Chill the fuck out and get into the boardroom section and don't bother fans who are happy to see Rangers do smart business for a change and are happy with the direction on the field

4 minutes ago, Lintero said:

Jesus wept. This forum sometimes.

We've done the majority of our business in the summer, January, as has been stated by Warburton, isn't a great month for the deals we are after, but we got 3 in on short term deals/loans to provide competition and the final push, coupled with two talented youngsters on precontracts.

WTF is the issue? why would we pay anyone anywhere a couple of mil for a player to come play in the Scottish Championship? It's fucking daft to think we will. Even a mil, or half a mil, it's not exactly pennies is it considering where we are. We only get about 200k for winning this tin pot league anyway.

Why let it bother you King hasn't invested as much as he said he would, for all anyone knows, he's spent a lot of money on the infrastructure, the youth squads, the stadium, Murray Park, etc etc etc. Chill the fuck out and get into the boardroom section and don't bother fans who are happy to see Rangers do smart business for a change and are happy with the direction on the field

(tu)

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

To be fair value is fuck all to do with us, what matters is;

1. What we can afford.

2. What MW thinks.

What's the value of the add ons?

When you add in the wages Leeds are paying for 4 years what does the total cost of the deal become?

It's not just about the transfer fee!

Again, realistically, we were never going to get a Championship  regular for less than 600 k and i'm sure Warburton knew what wages he'd be on so why did club  bid for him?

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I mentioned this in another thread last night and it never got answered really,what if a team came in for Waghorn and offered 500k? People would be spewing on here and rightly so.

Only if it was accepted. 500k is probably a decent opening gambit for a player who cost half that 6 months ago.

I think folk need to wake up to the reality that is Rangers these days and probably well into the future if not forever. 

We will not be spending 5/10 mill on any player ever again, if the board really want to run the club on a sustainable model those days are gone. Even a spend of more than a million will have to be carefully thought out and only if the management team can give a good case for the profit the club may make on the player can that sort of money be spent.