Are Hibs strong enough to catch us?

Creampuff

33 minutes ago, AllyMcCoist said:

haven't been supporting Rangers all my life to say I'm scared of Hibs, we will play them off the park next time we meet.

You don't need to have supported Rangers all your life, it's about when your become one of the chosen, theirs no going back as the passion takes over.

AWith regards to being 'scared of Hibs', we fear nobody and welcome the chase #WATP #NOSURRENDER 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that if either of us get through tomorrow night in the SC then the game in Easter Road in March will be shifted to late April. That could work in our favour as we could keep logging wins for another 2 months so rendering the game vs Hibs as less crucial as the season will be going into the last weeks. So another side reason to get through tomorrow. 

I think they are strong enough, or should I say, consistent enough to go all the way. Catching us is another matter. I don't think they are strong enough to fight on three fronts either. A cup win against Hearts would feel like a Champions League victory to them, but they'd then be stretched. A loss could have a devastating effect. But, as I said. I think they can match us point for point, but they can't catch us.

17 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Taking 5 points from nine against Falkirk with one more game at home is a good return. We've only took one more point in three vs Falkirk. They've also beat us and if not for a wonder free-kick from Tav would have got a draw at Ibrox. Bar the 4-2 and 6-2 their big game record and performances is very good. 

What a weird way to look at it.

Looking at their league fixtures, from Sunday 21st Feb, to the 1st March, they have 4 games to play.

21st hivs/alloa

24th hivs/morton

27th sons/hivs

1st QoS/hivs

They'll have to be good to get through that lot untouched.

The next game would be the 7th march against us, but I think most believe at least one of will get through, thus it will be cancelled.

You can't win every game in football even if you should win.  But no I don't think we should be worried about hibs.   I'm more concerned about missing chances,if waghorn keeps his concentration then he has a double on Saturday.  I don't think we have a striker who plays on instinct, they need a second or 2 to set up for the shot.

If the game against Livi is anything to go by ( aye it was shite weather & Liv were lucky )  ......................as Dutchy says,

"Looking at their league fixtures, from Sunday 21st Feb, to the 1st March, they have 4 games to play.

21st hivs/alloa

24th hivs/morton

27th sons/hivs

1st QoS/hivs

They'll have to be good to get through that lot untouched."

Cannae see it masel' :pipe:

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, Prso's headband said:

Sign of champions? They knew our result before they kicked off and had a real opportunity. They blew it again. They are no threat. Aye Stokesy is a footballing god eh? Cannae do it on a cold windy night in Livi... Their midfield are dross, Henderson and Fyvie are dirty wee players. We will win it but Hibs wont even be close.

Its a funny old game right enough.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:23 PM, ronniemca said:

Think there may be a few more bullets to dodge before this is over .we are nowhere near the team some on here think .not bringing in a goal scorer could yet come back to bite us.but not to worry MW says the stats are good.my fuckin arse

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:08 PM, GrandSuckMaster said:

Hibs have been getting results from tight games all season, which is a sign of champions. They are a real threat and must be treated as one. They have the 2 best CFs in the league IMO and a good midfield. We will win it through having a better squad, but it will go to the last few weeks.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:43 PM, BluesClues said:

We're into the final third of the season, we're 8 points clear having played an extra game, while still having to play them again, so if things don't go our way, we could be down to 2 points clear.

They are in this race, make no mistake about it.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, Prso's headband said:

Sign of champions? They knew our result before they kicked off and had a real opportunity. They blew it again. They are no threat. Aye Stokesy is a footballing god eh? Cannae do it on a cold windy night in Livi... Their midfield are dross, Henderson and Fyvie are dirty wee players. We will win it but Hibs wont even be close.

Its a funny old game isn't it.Some you get right and some you get wrong.Sometimes just better to wait and see before sharing your opinions but we are all entitled to our opinions I guess.Two weeks is a long time in this old game.

On 2/14/2016 at 3:39 AM, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Hibs are a decent side with a better midfield and strike force than most SPFL sides. Anyone that doesn't think we're in a difficult battle to win the league is just plain deluding themselves.

Pardon Gary?

On 2/15/2016 at 4:26 PM, Dutchy said:

Looking at their league fixtures, from Sunday 21st Feb, to the 1st March, they have 4 games to play.

21st hivs/alloa

24th hivs/morton

27th sons/hivs

1st QoS/hivs

The next game would be the 7th march against us, but I think most believe at least one of will get through, thus it will be cancelled.

And they were not 

13 minutes ago, Kai_Johansen said:

With the benefit of hindsight, NO!

I don't think its hindsight but more to do with actually watching your team and keeping an eye on the opposition. Supporting your team and having faith,believing in what the management and players are trying to achieve.Standing firm when things aren't quite going our way instead of running for the anti flapper tablets like some obviously forget to take sometimes.

3 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

I don't think its hindsight but more to do with actually watching your team and keeping an eye on the opposition. Supporting your team and having faith,believing in what the management and players are trying to achieve.Standing firm when things aren't quite going our way instead of running for the anti flapper tablets like some obviously forget to take sometimes.

I suppose you believed that last season as well :mutley:

7 minutes ago, BallochBear said:

I suppose you believed that last season as well :mutley:

I am expressing my opinion on this years management and team,this has nothing to do with last seasons shambles so don't really know why you want to bring up the past.  

On 15 February 2016 at 5:26 PM, Dutchy said:

21st hivs/alloa

24th hivs/morton

27th sons/hivs

1st QoS/hivs

How did they do?

:pipe:

On 15/02/2016 at 4:35 PM, Ross-Gazza genius said:

They have already shown this season they can catch us so the question should be:

Are we going to let hibs catch us?

My answer is no we won't let them even though we have a tougher run in!

They never caught us once,we've been top since day 1.

They'll never 'catch' us,ever. They are a nothing club.