Our Defence against the beasts.

jim beam

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has shown me that I haven't given a fuck about the tims for a long time.

Roberts? Armstrong? Never heard of them. Judging by some of these names I doubt I could name half  a scum team if ever I felt inclined to do so. Fuck them. They'll be more concerned about our team than we are with theirs.

Kiernan, Wallace, Wilson, Miller, Shiels, Law, Clark, McKay and Holt have had experience too. and if that wasn't enough, we also have Davie weir and Ian Durrant also. So the squad will be fully clued up on what to expect.

Thumb will be firmly in the pocket of Kiernan/Wilson/Ball. Any threats will firmly be cut off, any long balls will be easily won or dealt with. They can't play against us the same way they played against Morton, we'll grab the ball off them and move forward and get goals. 

They need to re-form themselves to us, not the other way around. We play with our intensity and dedication, we'll punish every mistake they make. 

Our Defence has been getting better as each week goes on. In the last 8 games we have conceded 2 goals. We have evolved defensively with either Ball as the holder in midfield or Tavenier + Wallace being more strategic when going forward.

Saturday was a big test of the defence as Dundee are considered to have one of the strongest front 4 in the country. We came through that with a clean sheet.

It'll be tougher against them no doubt but I'm much more confident in the defence than I was at the start of the year!

WATP!

4 hours ago, jim beam said:

I am supremely confident from middle to front.

But our Defence gives me jitters every time the opposition get's anywhere near the 25yard line.

Can we afford to carry on playing the style we do against them and leave ourselves open to the counter or do we play a different style against them.

Thoughts?

'And when the sound of the battle is over it's shoulder to shoulder we'll stand'  :crabflute:

We'll rattle the fuck out the mhanky shit smearers...  If they perform as they did against dundee our defense will be fine, and if the smellys do manage to breach it I'm pretty confident that we will breach theirs more.  

Would you swap our back line for theirs ?  

They would cry out for Kiernan at the heart of their defence. Wilson and Wallace have experienced it before and no worries there. 

Our back four will do just fine. 

Can't believe the mhedia are pushing for this Tierney to be in a Scotland squad after playing 20 odd games when it's clear Wallace is the best left back available to our country. 

6 hours ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

We'll never change our style of play, the managers already said this.

Griffiths is their only decent player, the rest are shite.

Except when we changed formation against Hibs? 

I've probably been the biggest critic of our defence all season, but it's remarkable how much it's improved since last year. I'm not as confident that the game against Celtic is already done and dusted like some on here, but we've certainly got a good chance if we keep doing what we've been doing recently. I'm really looking forward to the match.

3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

They would cry out for Kiernan at the heart of their defence. Wilson and Wallace have experienced it before and no worries there. 

Can't believe the mhedia are pushing for this Tierney to be in a Scotland squad after playing 20 odd games when it's clear Wallace is the best left back available to our country. 

Media will want him capped before he does a McGreedy and plays for Oirland.  I like to see Scott Brown 'capped' though :mutley:

7 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

They would cry out for Kiernan at the heart of their defence. 

To be fair, Kiernan has played against Celtic before, although he admits himself at the time be was in the deep end (he was also playing a new position).

So he at least knows what it can be like, giving how much he's developed since his Killie days, he'll have grittiths in his pocket the whole game 

Not overly bothered tbh as Kiernan and Wilson (like Amourso and Weir in recent years to an extent) are fine defensively when they have to rely on their instincts and reactions. Wilson especially when he has time on the ball is a concern but it will be a fast, flowing expansive game and I don't think it would be won or lost on our center back pairing.

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I have no worries about this at all tbh just gutted MOH won't be playing wee man would destroy them.

He still might. He's been out for 2/3 weeks ... original estimate was 6/7/8 weeks ... the games something like 5 weeks away. You never know?

11 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

For as much as I rate Wallace, Andrew Robertson is the best left back available for Scotland.

Theres no question that Wallace should be in the squad though.

14 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Only real worry for me is set-pices against us.

they are a big team and our defending isn't the best..

Wes can handle corners coming in, as well as make some instinctive saves at free-kicks etc... I'm not concerned about that. 

My only  concern is the "backing off" that we do outside the box. Done it a handful of times against Dundee, but it will be different against Griffiths as he would take a shot from 20 yards / 25 yards if given the space. 

You might feel worried about our defence that has conceded the least goals in Scotland and improved dramatically since the start of the season and will continue to do so.

But they cunts should be running scared from our attack and the pace we have. Their best defender is Sviatchenko and he is one of the most flat footed, slow defenders I've saw. Cunt will be chasing shadows all day.