*****The Official Raith Rovers v Rangers thread*****

OceanRain

Raith are on a nice run just now and look to have got the final play off spot tie dup, so could be a tight 2-1 to Rangers or draw at worst.

It's a bit hard to imagine even Hibs losing 5 league ties in a row, so I think they'll beat St.Midden and take the title party to Ibrox on Tuesday.

i think raith will really be up for it they are fighting for a playoff spot. they could make it difficult but i have no doubt we will win.

i dont think hivs will lose on saturday but who knows. maybe they will prove me wrong and show themselves up for even bigger bottlers than i first thought of them :lol: a little part of me does want them to win simply so we can win it at ibrox and so i can be there in person.

19 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Mckay will come back I to the team and with MOH cup tied he will play league games ahead of Forrester I'd think.

Normal back 5

Holt, Ball And Halliday

King MOH Mckay

Let's Miller and Forrester get a break. 

Miller top of his game just now...wouldn't rest Forrester either.  Be inclined to leave Ball out.

As mentioned by @blueballss

Raith Rovers are sweating over the fitness of Mark Stewart 
for Saturday’s clash with Rangers after the striker 
was taken to hospital after injuring his ankle in training 
yesterday.

Stewart was left in pain after blocking a shot and the fears of the Stark’s Park medical staff were sufficient to seek further assessment for the 27-year-old frontman.

Stewart has spearheaded Raith’s play-off push in recent weeks, netting five times in the last eight games to help the Kirkcaldy club stand on the brink of a shot at promotion.

The loss of the former Bradford City and Kilmarnock player would be a major blow, especially as Rangers prepare to arrive in Fife seeking the victory that could land them the Championship title.

Raith will already be without Scotland under-19 striker Ryan Hardie, who is on loan from Rangers and is precluded from playing against his 
parent club.

But on-loan Leicester City striker Harry Panayiotou is expected back from international duty with Saint Kitts and Nevis in time to face the league leaders in front of a packed Stark’s Park.

Manager Ray McKinnon said: “Mark hurt himself in training and he was taken to hospital to get checked out. He blocked a shot and hurt his ankle, but we’re just waiting to hear back on how bad it is as we need to wait for the swelling to go down.

“We’re not really sure of the extent of the injury, but we’ve been told there’s no break in there.

“We should have Harry back by Friday morning and, although we won’t have Ryan available to us, we signed Joel Thomas to give us options should something like this happen.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/championship/raith-rovers-blow-as-mark-stewart-in-doubt-for-rangers-clash-1-4085505

in a way I would relish  winning the title against Dumbarton on Tuesday as our next league game is against hivs at the junkiedome.it will be wonderful to watch our great club being clapped out onto the pitch as champions by the spoonburners faithful!!

Another tricky one this I think.

Could be a 2-2 draw as RR's will be fighting, or we could thrash them 4 or 5-0. Certainly not if that defence of late turns up again. They have to get some better communication between each other.

I'll go for a 3-1 to Rangers and would like to see Billy King start the game, with Miller coming on in the second half. Considering we have 8 games in April, MW will need to rotate the squad a bit during this month and Miller must be kept fresh for the big one.

I would love to see Billy sign. On a side note his press conference is so advanced for someone his age.

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Forrester Halliday Holt

O'Halloran Miller McKay

----- sub King on/start King and sub someone else, Sub Zelalem/Shiels on, Maybe sub Clark on

--- I feel like I get a headache, trying not to leave MOH, McKay, King, Forrester, Holt, etc. out - I imagine this will be harder next season to pick line-ups with JC and JA already signed on pre-contracts although expect them to start out as squad players.