****Official Livingston v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

2 minutes ago, craigrfcc said:

Possibly, but I don't see any benefits to slamming the team at this stage. They have the quality to beat Hibs. If we turn up on the day it won't matter what Hibs do. A mauling from Warburton would surely only see morale levels drop. Time and again we hear how 'honest' the players are. They know they've not been performing to Rangers standards. This team is the best Rangers footballing side I've seen in a long time. Time to get behind the team regardless of the result against St Mirren.

Your not wrong with any of that either . You make a good point in that .MB has to keep morale up .He may be struggling to get a balance though as the players have gone on their holidays early me thinks

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

There's no doubt , the break doesn't help us , but there's a difference in not playing well for a run of games than not having any games to play . When you lose that rhythm it can be hard to find it again .

The team can find that rhythm no problem, results this season as shown that. 

We drew with morton, then lost to Falkirk but we found the momentum to play Hibs off the park 

We drew with Kilmarnock, Alloa then managed to beat Killie away.

Just now, ianferguson said:

Pride.

We're Rangers Football Club, We're up to our knees in pride. We've got 54 titles and still going strong.

If anything it'd show us to be real bastards if we felt the need to piss all over a team that's battling relegation. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

After ninety minutes it's one win in 6.

every team draws or loses, i accept that. What i wont accept is a half arsed effort from players,some who think they are actually better than they are..

If we hadnt knocked the Earls out the attitude towards our recent performances would be totally different. I have learned our defence cannot stop leaking goals and that we need an out and out striker and a midfield general. Hopefully the manager addresses all these issues as he is always learning by his own admission.

Just now, Fred H Crawford said:

I think your wrong mate . If you ask any Bears who witnessed the 93/94 season they won't talk about how well we done to win the league early , The abiding memory will be of players switching off with 5 league games to go ( 2draws , 3 defeats ) then blowing the chance to create history by winning back to back trebles through not being able to lift their game in the scottish cup final against an average dundee united . Once momentum is lost it's very hard to pick up again .

Can't say I've experienced that unfortunately, wasn't alive yet. However, you're assuming Hibs will win their play-off games. Surely their loss of momentum would be worse.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Then why not play the likes of Zelalem, Law, Burt, Shiels and some youth? 

The performances and results are unacceptable, however some of the over-reactions on here saying we need a whole new team from the usual suspects is more tedious than our display tonight.

We were playing Zelalem tonight, and from the sounds of things he did alright.

Law is a bit of a hit or miss. Shiels was also played.

Burt deserves game time though.

I agree we do need additions to the team though, but for the team right now i'm proud of them and what they've achieved this year. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The performances and results are unacceptable, however some of the over-reactions on here saying we need a whole new team from the usual suspects is more tedious than our display tonight.

A whole team .? I ain't seen that No 1

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Too right Gmcf .It's about momentum .After the beggar win ,we were on such a high . 10 days later ,we are all watching a game ,that could have been recorded from last years dross. I think it's too late to get that feel good factor back now from results .

A win at weekend may help .

I wouldn't say it's too late , but it's not always possible to just switch on again because it's a cup final. 

2 minutes ago, craigrfcc said:

Can't say I've experienced that unfortunately, wasn't alive yet. However, you're assuming Hibs will win their play-off games. Surely their loss of momentum would be worse.

I would take them getting through the next two ties assuming Killie would pump them and knowing that game itself  would distract them in Final .

All ifs and buts I guess .

It's got to be about us though . We need a good win at weekend to keep the fans positive

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I think the break after the St Mirren game will do us good not because our players need a rest but to give us time to regroup and give the coaching staff time to work out what's going wrong at the moment.

Losing goals every game is whats wrong. Problem is all the defenders are guaranteed a start because thee is nobody to challenge them for a position.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Id say we need at least 5 new players who will be starters. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Vladweiss or whatever his username, posted this DJ. Pretty sure it's not the first time he's said it in the last week.

Too be fair mate .We all act like prats when our team is losing . I'm the worst . That's why I try cutting everyone some slack in the match thread .

Vlad would  regret saying that probably . .It's just nonsense

just back from the game it was a shocking performance on a freezing cold night. the players should get together and offer a refund to all the fans who had to suffer that.

going forward our midfield is a major problem for the final. with no ball who do you think should fill that space. the rest of the team picks itself  usual back 5 holt halliday waghorn miller mackay

1 minute ago, Young Bob said:

Losing goals every game is whats wrong. Problem is all the defenders are guaranteed a start because thee is nobody to challenge them for a position.

They're undoubtedly at fault, but it's more noticeable when Halliday's not at it. And coupled with a chronic inability to make chances, it will eventually cause problems.

Thankfully it's happening now rather than before.

1 minute ago, billscott said:

just back from the game it was a shocking performance on a freezing cold night. the players should get together and offer a refund to all the fans who had to suffer that.

going forward our midfield is a major problem for the final. with no ball who do you think should fill that space. the rest of the team picks itself  usual back 5 holt halliday waghorn miller mackay

Credit it to you mate (tu)

37 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

HF has a fracture and will not play this season.

Is tht your professional medical opinion?   Depends on how the hairline fracture heals.  Typically 4 to 6 weeks which will bring him close to playing or at least making the bench

15 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

The team can find that rhythm no problem, results this season as shown that. 

We drew with morton, then lost to Falkirk but we found the momentum to play Hibs off the park 

We drew with Kilmarnock, Alloa then managed to beat Killie away.

We're Rangers Football Club, We're up to our knees in pride. We've got 54 titles and still going strong.

If anything it'd show us to be real bastards if we felt the need to piss all over a team that's battling relegation. 

When in hole stop digging m8.

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Too be fair mate .We all act like prats when our team is losing . I'm the worst . That's why I try cutting everyone some slack in the match thread .

Vlad would  regret saying that probably . .It's just nonsense

Haha, now that I have calmed down a bit, I do a bit. Was just letting my emotions getting ahead of myself. Was just a bit pissed off with the way we went around our business, I still have to remember we have done incredibly well this season regardless of the past few results! 

I couldn't care less what Hibs do i'm concenered about what we are not doing, winning Football matches, ye we beat septic on pens so the rest of the games don't matter ? what a chance we have of ending the season with a treble and a European slot and we're turning in performances like that, look at the attendance on Saturday and we played like that , then again tonight, the two bottom teams. pathetic !

3 minutes ago, billscott said:

Bill been saying that or months.  Halliday is a decent player but he cannot control / change a game as a play maker.  Anyhow we have a warm up game vs St Midden then a cup final still to win to complete the season.

We've been excellent for the majority of the season, won the league easily, won the petrofac cup, beat the taigs and made the Scottish cup final with the real possibility of Europe a year early.

Yes, since winning the league and the semi final we have been poor, it's clearly a mental issue. People using these last few games to revert to calling us shite and saying we need a whole new team are talking pish.

We have to remember as good as we've been a lot of our players haven't been in teams expected to win every game, win leagues and cups. This is a new pressure they are dealing with and they have dealt with it well through the season.

It's only natural after the highs of wrapping up the league, winning a Hampden final and beating the taigs that the bubble would burst with a month break before our next 'meaningful' game.

Have our recent performances been acceptable? No, but handling the pressure of that expectation to keep performing and winning even when we have already won will come with experience. Even then as has been pointed out we've had stronger, more successful teams in the past that have failed to handle that pressure.

The break before the final, I previously thought would be a hindrance, actually looks like a blessing. A chance for the team to sit back, analyse what they have achieved this season and reflect on it. Then the chance to pump themselves up one more time for a massive game before rightly going to enjoy their holiday. A well earned one.

We have operated on another level fitness and intensity wise all year and that is no easy thing to maintain. We should be happy they managed to play at that level, win and entertain us so consistently rather than kicking them on the come down from a great season.

3 games 3 wake up calls what's the excuses from the play station managers for this debacle,ever thought we may not be as good as many think we are,£5 million nowhere near enough.

Yes even after all these years Bobby Shearer and the great captains before him were right and still are.

Just now, texaslad said:

3 games 3 wake up calls what's the excuses from the play station managers for this debacle,ever thought we may not be as good as many think we are,£5 million nowhere near enough.

Yes even after all these years Bobby Shearer and the great captains before him were right and still are.

Haha wrong forum for you big man