****Official Livingston v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

Embarassing.. Dont understand what the issue is?.

MW talks about momentum and we havent kicked a ball.

Yet folk think it is fine to embarassingly limp towards a HUGE cup final in terms of European/Revenue opportunity.

Its been a great season but it doesnt mean that these level of performances are anywhere near acceptable.

This is the players/team i am told will challenge for the league next year in another thread, I must see something different.

Complete slap in the face to the fans the past two weeks now. A fucking joke, backed them to the hilt all season and they think its acceptable to down tools like that? Cost me over £50 for the past two away games and ££££ over the season to be treated like that? 

Absolutely out of order.

'Never take the fans for granted' well the players have ripped the arse out it the past two week

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Why have they been worrying? We've won the league, getting points against teams is meaningless at this point. It'd be nice for us the fans. But for the club itself it's completely moot.

Why should the boys exert themselves and risk injury against hammer throwing players who don't like them just to get 3 meaningless points. 

Becuase we are rangers! We must maintain our high standards. Dropping points as often we have in recent games against falkirk, raith, hibs, alloa and now livi isn't acceptable regardless if the league is done. As well as the amount of points dropped its a kick in the balls to all of us fans who travel all over to be let down because they cant be fucked anymore

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I never turn up to watch Rangers thinking it'd be good if we lose or draw..

1 win in six is completely unacceptable as is conceding the same type of goal virtually every game recently..

You should be turning up to a Rangers game saying "I'll still love Rangers even if they lose or Draw." 

What 6 you talking about? Because in the last 6 we've won 2. 

and off those 6 games only 1 win really mattered. and they turned up to that game and played the opponent off the park. and it was a game that really tested them. 

4 minutes ago, craigrfcc said:

Indeed, even if they don't though I think people have to start giving more credit to the players for the season as a whole. When we look back on this season in a couple of years it won't be remembered for the last 4 league games. We've convincingly won the league, beat Celtic, won the Petrofac (meh) and are in the SC final. With a light squad they will be inevitably tired and when going into a meaningless game you can see why performance levels might slip. I'm sure the players will be up for the final and will be frothing at the chance of European football.

Mate you are right and if it wasn't for the Cup final ,most would maybe agree .

However Rangers have a fucking shocking record for doing this, when the league is in the bag before a massive game with terrible consequences.

The time for back slapping and handing out the superlatives about individuals surely at this stage should be after that game .

You should be turning up to a Rangers game saying "I'll still love Rangers even if they lose or Draw." 

and off those 6 games only 1 win really mattered. and they turned up to that game and played the opponent off the park. and it was a game that really tested them. 

Ran out of likes today but seems to be a rare poster on this thread that is giving the players the credit they deserve for this season. 

Just now, Tav's Bandage said:

This is the players/team i am told will challenge for the league next year in another thread, I must see something different.

To be fair, there were a few of those players who'll have no chance of being there next season. And if the past few performances have done anything, MW surely (hopefully) knows more about what he needs (6ft+ brick shithouse defensive midfielder so that Halliday never has to play there ever again please!)

After ninety minutes it's one win in 6.

every team draws or loses, i accept that. What i wont accept is a half arsed effort from players,some who think they are actually better than they are..

1 minute ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Becuase we are rangers! We must maintain our high standards. Dropping points as often we have in recent games against falkirk, raith, hibs, alloa and now livi isn't acceptable regardless if the league is done. As well as the amount of points dropped its a kick in the balls to all of us fans who travel all over to be let down because they cant be fucked anymore

Like I said before, the fans being let down is the only bad thing. 

but as a club, they've nothing to benefit from beating teams like Livi, Alloa so on silly after a won league. It's unnecessary, and it's stupid risking injury just to show over a small team.

The only teams we should be setting an example over is Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts. SPFL teams and above that are an actual challenge worthy of Rangers. 

Call it disrespectful, but Rangers wouldn't lose or gain any standards after a result against Alloa Atheletic. You don't hear people reacting as if it was an old firm win when we beat Alloa do you? 

It was an awful performance, but if anybody had predicted at the start of this season we would have won the Championship with weeks to spare, won the Petrofac Cup, and await a Scottish Cup final against the Hobo's with the prize of getting into the Europa Cup, you would have thought they were delusional!

Sometimes shit happens, and that performance was shit, still no need to go all Dhimmy, FFS some bed-wetter even mentioned McDowall!

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Regardless of wins/draws/losses, momentum would've been lost in the weeks between St Mirren and Hibs.

That's why Mr Warburton has booked a match that will actually test the players and give them more momentum than beating Livi at the toni macarooni stadium ever would. 

It's that match that will keep the boys sharp and see where they really stand. 

There's no doubt , the break doesn't help us , but there's a difference in not playing well for a run of games than not having any games to play . When you lose that rhythm it can be hard to find it again .

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Mate you are right and if it wasn't for the Cup final ,most would maybe agree .

However Rangers have a fucking shocking record for doing this, when the league is in the bag before a massive game with terrible consequences.

The time for back slapping and handing out the superlatives about individuals surely at this stage should be after that game .

Possibly, but I don't see any benefits to slamming the team at this stage. They have the quality to beat Hibs. If we turn up on the day it won't matter what Hibs do. A mauling from Warburton would surely only see morale levels drop. Time and again we hear how 'honest' the players are. They know they've not been performing to Rangers standards. This team is the best Rangers footballing side I've seen in a long time. Time to get behind the team regardless of the result against St Mirren.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

After ninety minutes it's one win in 6.

every team draws or loses, i accept that. What i wont accept is a half arsed effort from players,some who think they are actually better than they are..

Last 6 games, it's been 2 wins. You're writing off a hard fought win against a team that was a worthy challenge to our boys just to try and prove a moot point.

Well you'll have to accept it, as Rangers we should be getting results against teams that results actually matter. I don't care if we beat Alloa silly after winning the league, it's not a Rangers opponent and their nothing to do with us after this year. 

6 minutes ago, gmcf said:

It's not the points , it's the momentum. I mentioned earlier , that better Rangers teams than this one , couldn't rediscover their form when it was time for a cup final , after lacklustre performances in meaningless games after the league was won . It cost us Cup final victories that we should have won. 

Too right Gmcf .It's about momentum .After the beggar win ,we were on such a high . 10 days later ,we are all watching a game ,that could have been recorded from last years dross. I think it's too late to get that feel good factor back now from results .

A win at weekend may help .

Just in from the game,great turn out from the fans , pity the players never turned up, that was pathetic, im extremly concerned about us being able to lift our game again after us letting it drop so low, we seem to want to pass until we miss, i dont care if its a pre season friendly or a game with nothing at stake we are Rangers, words are cheap, we get told yes we know all about the expectations at a club this size, really??? didnt look like it tonight , one look at the team tonight and you could tell we were never winning that game . Not good enough!!!!!

Rangers always play to win. Disappoint with this result on a number of levels. I thought the days of players taking the Rangers jersey for granted was a thing of the past. 

I have really admired the zest Warbs and Weir brought to the Club this season-   It is to be hoped that a superb season is not compromised at the last hurdle due to complacency.

We need to be totally on our game for the Hibs final. The subsequent rewards are significant. We are showing that we are able to be beaten - and more worryingly - how we can be beaten.