****Official Livingston v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

3 minutes ago, texaslad said:

3 games 3 wake up calls what's the excuses from the play station managers for this debacle,ever thought we may not be as good as many think we are,£5 million nowhere near enough.

Yes even after all these years Bobby Shearer and the great captains before him were right and still are.

:blink:

The points may not matter but short changing the fans does, though that doesn't mean always winning. I'm not sure if we have been short changed. We have been flat after a fortnight of incredible highs but I believe the effort and desire has been there overall. Roll on the final. 

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

The points may not matter but short changing the fans does, though that doesn't mean always winning. I'm not sure if we have been short changed. We have been flat after a fortnight of incredible highs but I believe the effort and desire has been there overall. Roll on the final. 

Dropping points in recent games against falkirk, raith, hibs, alloa and that shite tonight..... Defo short changing fans, having been at every one of those games, i can 100% say i feel short changed because not only have we not got results the performances have been piss poor

When we had our run to Manchester we sat in and were accused of anti-football and that's what we're coming up against week in, week out. Teams will pack the penalty box so that you can't pass through and even long range efforts will get deflected or blocked. Losing the goal tonight didn't help matters as Livingston could sit even deeper.

we clearly miss waghorn and forrester and dropping holt and McKay had a telling effect on us tonight. Really lack the players at the moment that on a poor surface and a packed penalty box in front of them to cut them open and get good chances instead of half chances.

make no mistake about it Sunday is now a huge game for us, we simply have to come out of the blocks flying and get an early lead and build on it. Anything but a win and doubts will creep into the players and supporters minds (though judging by some of the posts tonight there are definitely doubts).

whats difficult to determine is the mental side of a) having won the league already and b) beating them in the semi. I think some players are perhaps in job done mode which as a club shouldn't ever be accepted.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Teams will pack the penalty box so that you can't pass through and even long range efforts will get deflected or blocked. Losing the goal tonight didn't help matters as Livingston could sit even deeper... Really lack the players at the moment that on a poor surface and a packed penalty box in front of them to cut them open and get good chances instead of half chances.

It would be nice to see that something as basic as an Alloa or Livingston parking the bus isn't enough to make us so inept at attacking. Hopefully, one of those apocryphal lessons being learned is that we need to have something other than pass completion while going nowhere.

Playing at senior walking football pace is the problem and whether the reason for that is lack of pride, complete arrogance or just a reaction from defeating the scum and tying up the league is a question the management need to sort out.

Perhaps the novelty of being winners for the majority of our squad is something they cannot handle. The lack of ruthless ambition to punish opponents has been apparent for months as has,apart from a couple of games, the reluctance to press opponents like we did in the first half of the season.

I had been saying it for a while now I just don't think we are as good as we and the players included think we are this second half of the season.even watching the scum game again sober we didn't create as many clear cut chances as they did although our possession of the ball was greater throughout.but it's early days and I'm sure mw and dw know what is required for next season. Also think this current form is too many players trying to stay injury free with the showpiece cup final on too many of their minds.and hopefully we will be up for it to a man come may 21st.

I agree that playing from the back is the right way to go but it begs the question are we too slow in doing it we get to midfield an then its all tippy tappy we lose momentum  we dont seem to pull any of their players out of position so its easy for them to defend  lets face it all these teams are playing for a draw.

1 hour ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I had been saying it for a while now I just don't think we are as good as we and the players included think we are this second half of the season.even watching the scum game again sober we didn't create as many clear cut chances as they did although our possession of the ball was greater throughout.but it's early days and I'm sure mw and dw know what is required for next season. Also think this current form is too many players trying to stay injury free with the showpiece cup final on too many of their minds.and hopefully we will be up for it to a man come may 21st.

We didn't create as many "clear cut chances" against the tarriers because arguably our biggest 2 attacking threats were injured and add to that King and O'Halloran were out. 

We dominated against them with a weakened team, they had nobody out injured. 

We are a good team. Sadly the team has downed tools after winning the league and we have every right to be utterly raging about that because performances like last night will never be good enough. But don't start panicing thinking we aren't actually a good team, of course we are. We have absolutely skelped this league and if we had anything to play for last night we would of beaten them.

We didn't have McKay, Holt, Waghorn or Forrester playing last night. Our squad depth isn't good enough to cope with taking they 4 out the team. Luckily we'll sort that out in the summer.

Chill oot.