We have finally reached the twilight zone

12 hours ago, jintybear said:

So just to be clear you think it was just paranoia that attacked our players, spat on them and then ran past their own players to come to the Rangers end to goad the fans?

Aye ok then doh

If you can't follow an argument your going to find why post. To bring you up to speed so you stop making an Arse of yourself we have been discussing how we get treated by the SFA / police / authorities and is there a cabal against us - not provable facts about mindless scum who attacked our players. Keep up! 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If you can't follow an argument your going to find why post. To bring you up to speed so you stop making an Arse of yourself we have been discussing how we get treated by the SFA / police / authorities and is there a cabal against us - not provable facts about mindless scum who attacked our players. Keep up! 

I have been following this thread and you are the one making an arse of yourself. You seem intent on contradicting certain posters every time they post no matter if they are correct or not you come on here and start your bile. I've always felt a wee but sorry for you because I thought people were harsh on you but over a period of time I have come to realise that you are in fact the bigot. Bigoted against your own fans. It's because of people like you our club is walked on and trodden all over. We don't need apologists we need leaders.

Anyway back on topic. I was trying to make the point that it you think we are paranoid about everything when in fact it is nothing to do with paranoia. This should have been dealt with by now and should the shoe have been in the other foot then it would have. Make no mistake about it the SFA would have held emergency meetings had it been us who did what hivs fans did. I understand that police investigations take time but they are already trying to blame us for their failings and the Scottish Government have done nothing to condemn what occurred on Saturday 21st May except a meaningless tweet that they felt compelled to make after our club called them out on the fact they had said nothing. Us paranoid? I don't think so. 

20 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I have been following this thread and you are the one making an arse of yourself. You seem intent on contradicting certain posters every time they post no matter if they are correct or not you come on here and start your bile. I've always felt a wee but sorry for you because I thought people were harsh on you but over a period of time I have come to realise that you are in fact the bigot. Bigoted against your own fans. It's because of people like you our club is walked on and trodden all over. We don't need apologists we need leaders.

Anyway back on topic. I was trying to make the point that it you think we are paranoid about everything when in fact it is nothing to do with paranoia. This should have been dealt with by now and should the shoe have been in the other foot then it would have. Make no mistake about it the SFA would have held emergency meetings had it been us who did what hivs fans did. I understand that police investigations take time but they are already getting trying to blame us for their failings and the Scottish Government have done nothing to condemn what occurred on Saturday 21st May except a meaningless tweet that they felt compelled to make after our club called them out on the fact they had said nothing. Us paranoid? I don't think so. 

:lol: your post kinda proves my points - impatient - paranoic and full of 'conspiracy' - you'll get on well with posters on here. 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: your post kinda proves my points - impatient - paranoic and full of 'conspiracy' - you'll get on well with posters on here. 

Is there anyone on here you've not called a paranoid Protestant ?

23 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

youre the worst conspiracy theorist on this forum

51 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You seem to have Ostrich Syndrome. Maybe if you took your head out the sand you would see what's going on around you. 

On 28 May 2016 at 5:40 PM, Willis said:

People should respect what Rangers is, a Club with Protestant Unionist and Loyalist affiliations, who are you to try and change decades of history and tradition just because it doesnt suit your view?

The nationalist policies are affecting the club and the fans in a negative way, any time this is mentioned folk like yourself spit the dummy out and accuse us of politicising.

No one says nationalists or catholics or anyone shouldnt support Rangers, but if the Clubs affiliations offend you so much youre welcome to leave and support another Club, no ones stopping you. If you see something on telly that offends you then change the fucking channel instead of sitting there offended.

Im an atheist and I still respect the Protestant side of the Club, same as I respect the Unionist and Loyalist side, its not just because I hold those values, its because I respect what the Club is and has been since before any of us were born. If I were brought up a sellik fan and I held the same political views as I do now then id stop fucking supporting them.

Youre the one imposing your views, saying the Club should change and be ashamed of its past. Take a flying fuck to yourself.

???

Donn't know if this has been posted elsewhere but reaction to trouble by Millwall fans yesterday.

Millwall have said any supporters found guilty of disturbances during the League One play-off final will be banned for life.

Barnsley won promotion to the Sky Bet Championship after a 3-1 victory on Sunday, but there were some unsavoury incidents in the crowd during the second half at Wembley in north London.

Millwall fans charged around the top tier attempting to force their way into the opposing end, while others appeared to lob coins at Barnsley players.

Metropolitan Police took the decision not to attempt to make any arrests inside the stadium - 15 arrests were made outside the ground - but they will look to identify those involved through CCTV footage.

Images of those they fail to identify will be released in the media, with a request for assistance from the public.

A statement by Millwall said the club "deplores the actions of a small minority of its fans during the second half".

"Such behaviour is unacceptable and anyone found guilty of disorder will face life bans from the football club."

The Football Association stated it would also investigate the behaviour of the fans.

Tweets by the FA read: "The FA condemns the disorder caused by a small number of fans at the League One Play-Off final between Barnsley and Millwall.

"We will work closely with the clubs, the Football League and the Met Police to identify those involved and take appropriate action.

26 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Donn't know if this has been posted elsewhere but reaction to trouble by Millwall fans yesterday.

Millwall have said any supporters found guilty of disturbances during the League One play-off final will be banned for life.

Barnsley won promotion to the Sky Bet Championship after a 3-1 victory on Sunday, but there were some unsavoury incidents in the crowd during the second half at Wembley in north London.

Millwall fans charged around the top tier attempting to force their way into the opposing end, while others appeared to lob coins at Barnsley players.

Metropolitan Police took the decision not to attempt to make any arrests inside the stadium - 15 arrests were made outside the ground - but they will look to identify those involved through CCTV footage.

Images of those they fail to identify will be released in the media, with a request for assistance from the public.

A statement by Millwall said the club "deplores the actions of a small minority of its fans during the second half".

"Such behaviour is unacceptable and anyone found guilty of disorder will face life bans from the football club."

The Football Association stated it would also investigate the behaviour of the fans.

Tweets by the FA read: "The FA condemns the disorder caused by a small number of fans at the League One Play-Off final between Barnsley and Millwall.

"We will work closely with the clubs, the Football League and the Met Police to identify those involved and take appropriate action.

Hibs can't ban the fans that came on the pitch because then their stadium would be fully empty instead of three quarters empty! 

Seriously though that's exactly what should be happening here but it won't. I will wait with baited breath as to what punishment, if any, Hibs get. If it's like Motherwell last year then a slap on the wrist will be all it will be and no fans will be banned (except the ones caught on camera assaulting our players. I'm sure they will be handed banning orders from the Court).

4 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Hibs can't ban the fans that came on the pitch because then their stadium would be fully empty instead of three quarters empty! 

Seriously though that's exactly what should be happening here but it won't. I will wait with baited breath as to what punishment, if any, Hibs get. If it's like Motherwell last year then a slap on the wrist will be all it will be and no fans will be banned (except the ones caught on camera assaulting our players. I'm sure they will be handed banning orders from the Court).

They'll claim the offenders aren't season ticket holders, in any case, their gates will drop with another season outside the top league and the inevitable early exit from the Europa League.

The issue started with the SFA giving a club with less than a third the number of season ticket holders the same allocation as Rangers. Going forward this needs to change and tickets should be allocated with regard to the number of season tickets each club has sold. Its the only equitable way for genuine fans. 

The biggest sanction for Hivs should be given for the irresponsible way they sold their tickets. I bet they haven't a scooby exactly who bought the tickets other than their couple of thousand season ticket holders.

The SFA and Police hold the major culpability though for the shambles of a crowd control plan that seemed to centre on catching Rangers fans singing bad words. Both should hang their heads and issue public apologies to the law abiding fans, the players and staff of Rangers and the match officials (who should be comended for their selflesness).

I can see the 'inquiry' dragging on for months and resulting in a suspended fine for Hivs and a hefty fine for Rangers for 'illicit chanting'. At that point we should head for the CAS and withdraw all cooperation for media events and television coverage of SFA/SPFL events and just have coverage on Rangers TV.

3 hours ago, The No.9 said:

???

Its a shame the statement you applaud bears no relation to the post it was answering but you clap away.

Still waiting for the poster to find where I said the club has anything to be ashamed of or where I suggested who should or shouldn't support the club (I think I used the term 'broad church' and said I wasn't keen on banning people from the forum)? I'm not holding my breath though as he seems to have declined the challenge, maybe you could give him a hand after you finish clapping?

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, Bluepeter9 said:

I agree there is a huge amount of shite and as long as people don't try to equate that to a cabal run conspiracy we probably agree. 

Do you not think there was/is some sort of co-ordination, sharing of ideas, information and strategy from those at the upper echelon of say the RTC Blog, or the likes of Mad Phil's blog, the Hag, the muppets who spend their life researching our tax affairs, Resolution 12 etc etc? 

Dare I say a cabal run conspiracy?  

57 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Its a shame the statement you applaud bears no relation to the post it was answering but you clap away.

Still waiting for the poster to find where I said the club has anything to be ashamed of or where I suggested who should or shouldn't support the club (I think I used the term 'broad church' and said I wasn't keen on banning people from the forum)? I'm not holding my breath though as he seems to have declined the challenge, maybe you could give him a hand after you finish clapping?

Dry yir eyes ffs?????

Just now, dougie76 said:

Whit? 

What is it that l should be looking for?

Do keep up. Willis accused me of being ashamed of aspects of Rangers history and suggested I was claiming some right over deciding who could support the club.

I asked him to prove it as it was the exact the opposite of my post and views. He seems to have disappeared post rant. I just assumed you were searcing to corroborate his outpourings as you made a comment after I pointed another poster to the facts.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

Do keep up. Willis accused me of being ashamed of aspects of Rangers history and suggested I was claiming some right over deciding who could support the club.

I asked him to prove it as it was the exact the opposite of my post and views. He seems to have disappeared post rant. I just assumed you were searcing to corroborate his outpourings as you made a comment after I pointed another poster to the facts.

Nope just seen that post where you were acting like a wee lassie?

Courageous keech and the go to guy for some at his best !:sherlock:

IT wouldn’t be Scottish football if it failed to end in a simmering climate of malice, ill will and recriminations.

When it all boils down to bad blood, wha’s like us, eh?

But although the curtain has closed on another season and left a new raft of open sores to fester over the summer, the truth of the matter is our national obsession hasn’t felt so robust or so full of promise for a long, long time.

Yes, the inquest into the Scottish Cup Final will proceed over the close season and this lingering resentment between Rangers and Hibs will not fade away any time soon.

In fact, the more this matter is devoured on social media, the more it is spewed back out again, the more toxic cyberspace becomes.

Intimidation, insults and vile threats continue to stink the place out and while a great deal of it has been absolutely rancid, it is time for the rest of us to try to ignore the putrid smell and concentrate on better times ahead.

Let the police wade through this slurry and, after they have pinched the collars of those hooligans who shamed their clubs at Hampden, it will be over to the SFA to pick up this mess and dispose of it once and for all by hammering Hibs for the pitch invasion and sanctioning Rangers for the part played in this embarrassment by some of their own rogue supporters.

The cops too must be made to answer some very serious questions.

Their mishandling of a crisis situation could have led to complete and utter carnage rather than just the sporadic skirmishes and running battles that were bad enough to bring the season curtain down in shame.

Where exactly were they in the minutes leading up to this invasion, when they ought to have been lining the perimeter of the pitch as per the usual protocol? And then again when it all kicked off, why were so few of them to be seen for so long before any kind of order was restored?

In this paper last week an unnamed police source suggested one reason for the delay in deployment was that Rangers supporters making their way out of the ground formed a mob to prevent a convoy of riot vans from rushing to the crime scene.

Worse still, this corroborated eye witness account insisted that some even used their own children as human barricades outside the stadium. This really was an extraordinary claim and if it is true that grown men were indulging in this incomprehensible and reprehensible behaviour, then parts of our society are even more badly broken than any of us realised.

For their part, Rangers fans vehemently dispute this account of what went on and some are busy gathering video and photographic evidence with which they hope to disprove it.

Surely, with so many CCTV and mobile phone cameras in the area at the time, the irrefutable truth will soon come out.

But, in many ways, the reaction to this claim has in itself defied conventional rationale, never mind good taste and reason. Some of it has been stomach churning in its absolute abhorrence.

Which is why it now seems like an ideal time for the rest of us to leave this foul cesspit behind and allow time for those in authority to ask the necessary questions as well as to answer them.

While they are busy raking back through the evidence with a pointy stick, let’s look forward to the season ahead because if Scottish football can stop hating itself to death for just a moment, it might even start to feel worthy of its place in the wider world again.

This period of navel gazing does seem entirely appropriate but when it is over our game should raise its head and walk with a confident swagger towards the next instalment because the new season should be welcomed in with open arms.

Last week’s arrivals of Brendan Rodgers and Joey Barton have guaranteed genuine box office appeal to the coming campaign.

Season tickets at Celtic Park and Ibrox are flying off the shelves, such is the rise in anticipation following this dramatic upping of the ante by the big two.

If SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster is smart he will already be engaging with the top brass at Sky and BT Sports and pointing out to them that the goalposts have just changed considerably. If ever there was a moment to start discussions about getting more buck for our bang then surely this is it because the burgeoning excitement and intrigue is not restricted to Glasgow alone.

It can be felt too in Aberdeen where Derek McInnes is reaching an interesting crossroads in his relationship with the club.

The manager has achieved a great deal during his three years at Pittodrie and he will have plans to push on again this summer and to prove that, even with Rangers around, his club can consolidate its position as Celtic’s most durable and credible challengers.

In order to do that, he will need enough funds not only to recruit better players but also to entice his most admired assets into committing themselves to the cause.

By building a team of value, McInnes has earned the trust of his chairman, Stewart Milne, but the pair must now pull in the same direction in order for the manager’s ambitions to be achieved.

These next few weeks will therefore provide a huge indication of where Aberdeen and McInnes go from here.

A threat is also being posed in Edinburgh, where Hearts can rightly consider themselves to be a huge part of the argument after ripping through three-quarters of the top flight in their first season back up to secure European football.

And even though city rivals Hibs must now spend a third season in the second tier, they too have a crack at the Europa League to come, a spin-off from their greatest ever triumph at Hampden.

Which brings us back to the beginning. If only their fans had been able to celebrate that moment of history without unleashing anarchy at the National Stadium – or if only the police had not lost control so completely – then Scottish football could be heading for the sunshine right now feeling pretty damn pleased with its own beach body.

Instead, once more we are that pasty looking, guy with the beer gut sagging over the laces of our ill-fitting Speedos.

It really shouldn’t always have to be this way. Let’s hope this time next summer Scottish football’s image problems are a little less humiliating.

7 hours ago, Willis said:

youre the worst conspiracy theorist on this forum

The PULists are out to get me! 

Everyones picking on me.

Everyone's pming each other to bring me down. 

Yep those thoughts would be paranoic and full of unreasonable conspiracy theory! But it's true I tell you! It's true! Isn't it? 

2 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

I don't really care for your reply sorry to say.

Your trying to play the peace keeping card yet consistently fan flames in this thread with your sly digs.

lastly I clapped at his statement because I was in agreement to his view of supporting the club as I share it , not in any regard against you or others ?

8 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Courageous keech and the go to guy for some at his best !:sherlock:

IT wouldn’t be Scottish football if it failed to end in a simmering climate of malice, ill will and recriminations.

When it all boils down to bad blood, wha’s like us, eh?

But although the curtain has closed on another season and left a new raft of open sores to fester over the summer, the truth of the matter is our national obsession hasn’t felt so robust or so full of promise for a long, long time.

Yes, the inquest into the Scottish Cup Final will proceed over the close season and this lingering resentment between Rangers and Hibs will not fade away any time soon.

In fact, the more this matter is devoured on social media, the more it is spewed back out again, the more toxic cyberspace becomes.

Intimidation, insults and vile threats continue to stink the place out and while a great deal of it has been absolutely rancid, it is time for the rest of us to try to ignore the putrid smell and concentrate on better times ahead.

Let the police wade through this slurry and, after they have pinched the collars of those hooligans who shamed their clubs at Hampden, it will be over to the SFA to pick up this mess and dispose of it once and for all by hammering Hibs for the pitch invasion and sanctioning Rangers for the part played in this embarrassment by some of their own rogue supporters.

The cops too must be made to answer some very serious questions.

Their mishandling of a crisis situation could have led to complete and utter carnage rather than just the sporadic skirmishes and running battles that were bad enough to bring the season curtain down in shame.

Where exactly were they in the minutes leading up to this invasion, when they ought to have been lining the perimeter of the pitch as per the usual protocol? And then again when it all kicked off, why were so few of them to be seen for so long before any kind of order was restored?

In this paper last week an unnamed police source suggested one reason for the delay in deployment was that Rangers supporters making their way out of the ground formed a mob to prevent a convoy of riot vans from rushing to the crime scene.

Worse still, this corroborated eye witness account insisted that some even used their own children as human barricades outside the stadium. This really was an extraordinary claim and if it is true that grown men were indulging in this incomprehensible and reprehensible behaviour, then parts of our society are even more badly broken than any of us realised.

For their part, Rangers fans vehemently dispute this account of what went on and some are busy gathering video and photographic evidence with which they hope to disprove it.

Surely, with so many CCTV and mobile phone cameras in the area at the time, the irrefutable truth will soon come out.

But, in many ways, the reaction to this claim has in itself defied conventional rationale, never mind good taste and reason. Some of it has been stomach churning in its absolute abhorrence.

Which is why it now seems like an ideal time for the rest of us to leave this foul cesspit behind and allow time for those in authority to ask the necessary questions as well as to answer them.

While they are busy raking back through the evidence with a pointy stick, let’s look forward to the season ahead because if Scottish football can stop hating itself to death for just a moment, it might even start to feel worthy of its place in the wider world again.

This period of navel gazing does seem entirely appropriate but when it is over our game should raise its head and walk with a confident swagger towards the next instalment because the new season should be welcomed in with open arms.

Last week’s arrivals of Brendan Rodgers and Joey Barton have guaranteed genuine box office appeal to the coming campaign.

Season tickets at Celtic Park and Ibrox are flying off the shelves, such is the rise in anticipation following this dramatic upping of the ante by the big two.

If SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster is smart he will already be engaging with the top brass at Sky and BT Sports and pointing out to them that the goalposts have just changed considerably. If ever there was a moment to start discussions about getting more buck for our bang then surely this is it because the burgeoning excitement and intrigue is not restricted to Glasgow alone.

It can be felt too in Aberdeen where Derek McInnes is reaching an interesting crossroads in his relationship with the club.

The manager has achieved a great deal during his three years at Pittodrie and he will have plans to push on again this summer and to prove that, even with Rangers around, his club can consolidate its position as Celtic’s most durable and credible challengers.

In order to do that, he will need enough funds not only to recruit better players but also to entice his most admired assets into committing themselves to the cause.

By building a team of value, McInnes has earned the trust of his chairman, Stewart Milne, but the pair must now pull in the same direction in order for the manager’s ambitions to be achieved.

These next few weeks will therefore provide a huge indication of where Aberdeen and McInnes go from here.

A threat is also being posed in Edinburgh, where Hearts can rightly consider themselves to be a huge part of the argument after ripping through three-quarters of the top flight in their first season back up to secure European football.

And even though city rivals Hibs must now spend a third season in the second tier, they too have a crack at the Europa League to come, a spin-off from their greatest ever triumph at Hampden.

Which brings us back to the beginning. If only their fans had been able to celebrate that moment of history without unleashing anarchy at the National Stadium – or if only the police had not lost control so completely – then Scottish football could be heading for the sunshine right now feeling pretty damn pleased with its own beach body.

Instead, once more we are that pasty looking, guy with the beer gut sagging over the laces of our ill-fitting Speedos.

It really shouldn’t always have to be this way. Let’s hope this time next summer Scottish football’s image problems are a little less humiliating.

Hammer hibs - slap on the wrist for us. Questions their own story! ( assuming you plucked this from the record).

hardly the most Machiavellian conspiracy ? 

Just now, The No.9 said:

I don't really care for your reply sorry to say.

Your trying to play the peace keeping car yet consistently fan flames in this thread with your sly digs.

lastly I clapped at his statement because I was in agreement to his view of supporting the club as I share it , not in any regard against you or others ?

I don't go in for sly digs, I'm always quite clear when I criticise someone or give an opinion. Funnily enough I, in the most part, share the view that he holds regarding the club (backed up by posts in this and, other threads). Unless he meant to quote BP9 and not me then he missed the mark completely.

You, along with others seem to be very good at misconstruing what has been said and if I'm attacked by someone (as in the rant) then I will respond. Interestingly I'm still awaiting a response from the originator of the rant. In the same way you don't really care for my response I don't care for someone attacking me when they are as spectacularly wrong as this was.

Apologies if I take emoticons as total agreement with everything (including inaccuracies and attacks on me) in a quoted post it may be better to highlight the bits you agree with or it can be seen as 'a sly dig'. I certainly wasn't playing peace keeper just pointing out that those attacking BP9 and wanting him banned know nothing other than his, abrasive persona in regard to certain opinions (which I clearly don't share). Others see a broader picture and can attest to him being a genuine Rangers supporter, albeit with the most contrary opinions.

19 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

I don't go in for sly digs, I'm always quite clear when I criticise someone or give an opinion. Funnily enough I, in the most part, share the view that he holds regarding the club (backed up by posts in this and, other threads). Unless he meant to quote BP9 and not me then he missed the mark completely.

You, along with others seem to be very good at misconstruing what has been said and if I'm attacked by someone (as in the rant) then I will respond. Interestingly I'm still awaiting a response from the originator of the rant. In the same way you don't really care for my response I don't care for someone attacking me when they are as spectacularly wrong as this was.

Apologies if I take emoticons as total agreement with everything (including inaccuracies and attacks on me) in a quoted post it may be better to highlight the bits you agree with or it can be seen as 'a sly dig'. I certainly wasn't playing peace keeper just pointing out that those attacking BP9 and wanting him banned know nothing other than his, abrasive persona in regard to certain opinions (which I clearly don't share). Others see a broader picture and can attest to him being a genuine Rangers supporter, albeit with the most contrary opinions.

Well personally I would leave it at that no harm done

36 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Hammer hibs - slap on the wrist for us. Questions their own story! ( assuming you plucked this from the record).

hardly the most Machiavellian conspiracy ? 

Knew you'd bite eventually ! You are RM's own wee neville chamberlain Wot you like ! :sherlock: