Tavernier Agrees Extension

The Monk

Regardless of ur views on Tav I think it's just been refreshing to see us, as a club, getting players sorted out quickly and efficiently despite the media attempts to make it sound like players want to go etc 

We've seen Halliday, Barry, Wallace, Tav etc all tied down and no longer able to be taken on the cheap.  

Even pre Whyte n Green etc we were bad for not sorting contracts and undervaluing players thus losing them cheaply in too many cases.  

We've fixed that so well played the board for getting that rightly back on track.

We need to be showing the young potential stars we target that if you come here, do a shift and respect the Jersey then Rangers can and will look after you.  

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Regardless of ur views on Tav I think it's just been refreshing to see us, as a club, getting players sorted out quickly and efficiently despite the media attempts to make it sound like players want to go etc 

We've seen Halliday, Barry, Wallace, Tav etc all tied down and no longer able to be taken on the cheap.  

Even pre Whyte n Green etc we were bad for not sorting contracts and undervaluing players thus losing them cheaply in too many cases.  

We've fixed that so well played the board for getting that rightly back on track.

We need to be showing the young potential stars we target that if you come here, do a shift and respect the Jersey then Rangers can and will look after you.  

Who's Barry:pipe:

9 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

Tavernier was involved in 30 goals last season. 50/50 split as scorer/provider.

Frankly, he could be the worst defender on the planet with a return like that!

Fantastic he has agreed an extension...but frankly that's a lot of pish.

The only thing for me is that when the story broke it was as if both players were renegotiating together,  great news that tav has agreed a new deal,  hopefully we were just dealing with Tav first and waghorn will follow suit in the coming week.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hopefully we can get Barrie on a longer term deal, he's the one player we have who has the potential to go down south for a decent fee.

Yep, we've got him for another 2 seasons but would like to see the board put in a great offer to him to tie him down long term by Xmas time.

Good news, but I hope we haven't gone daft.  1 year extension would be ideal for both. We get the chance to evaluate him at a higher level, and he can negotiate another improved deal in a couple of years

So yet another story the so called press/media experts get wrong.Well theres a surprise but the biggest surprise is how some people still believe every word these rags print as gospel or maybe some just want to believe.

13 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

So yet another story the so called press/media experts get wrong.Well theres a surprise but the biggest surprise is how some people still believe every word these rags print as gospel or maybe some just want to believe.

Yes; wouldn't it be novel of the press to report what's actually happening?  I'm not sure in what language the facts of "negotiating an improved deal" translates into "rejects contract offer".

16 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Agree but you're probably preaching to the converted on here!

8 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Yes; wouldn't it be novel of the press to report what's actually happening?  I'm not sure in what language the facts of "negotiating an improved deal" translates into "rejects contract offer".

Totally.The problem with these rags is that they are not getting much if any news from MW and co so their plan b is,lets just make some shit up.As I say it still baffles me why any Rangers fan would buy,read and believe these fucking rags rather than wait for official news from the club itself. As Mr Warburton says " why let the truth get in the way of a good story "

4 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Agree but you're probably preaching to the converted on here!

Perhaps but only 10 days ago there were 14 pages on the topic with some on here wanting both Tav and Waghorn fucked out the door according to what they had read in some rag.It is a funny old place.