Rangers hanging their fans out to dry (part 2)

K.A.I

I've been following this and the other thread with interest.

I don't know the OP and I wasn't at Hampden so I'm not in a position to make any comment about the rights/wrongs/motiviation for going on to the pitch that day.

I was a bit surprised at the club moving straight to a banning order so I had a read through the season ticket T&C's and this stands out at right at the beginning.

1. Ticket (smartcard) holders and or purchasers of tickets will be responsible for compliance and observance with this Ticket Use Policy / terms and conditions and with any ground regulations governing persons entering, present at or leaving Ibrox Stadium (the "Stadium") as may be specified by Rangers (the "Club") from time to time. Misconduct of the ticket holder or nominee, failing to adhere to this Ticket Use Policy or acting in a manner which the Club considers is detrimental to its interests or is likely in the reasonable opinion of the Club to bring football or the Club into disrepute shall permit the Club to confiscate or forfeit (in each case without compensation) the ticket, to prevent access to the Stadium for the fixture in question and/or to ban the ticket holder from attending future matches or other events at the Stadium for such time as the Club deems appropriate.

So while any Bear who went on the pitch at Hampden and was subsequently arrested for it can fight their case in court (if it gets that far) the club can use the mere fact of the arrest to issue the letter that we've seen.

It does concern me that there is no chance to state your case, never mind a right of appeal. 

Having said that, while for the record, I can't give anyone advice, if it was me, I would write a letter to the club accepting that they must adhere to the highest of standards but requesting that they do not re-issue my season ticket until there is an outcome with the police. Other than that I would keep stum just now. In any walk of life, being arrested would be grounds for suspension pending the outcome of the case. If the police drop the case (or I was acquited in court), then there would be grounds for writing a letter to the club, respectfully asking that the banning order be lifted.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

It is and it's hard to put into words just how fucking low that is.

Not to mention absolutely embarrassing.

This Rangers board seem determined to appease haters that won't ever be appeased...The statement seems like it was a lifetime ago now..total and utter capitulation to curry favour with cnuts that detest our very existence ..Robertson would be as well to go into his 1st board meeting at Hampdump with his troosers at his ankles and the KY Jelly tub at the ready.. 

I now have the thought that we might get an Exclusive Interview with the courageous journos at the rebel from one of the 3 shitebag appeasers about how they can justify stealing fans money.. 

5 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

It is only not surprising because there was an inadequate police/stewards presence at their end. If they had done their jobs, this would not have happened.

I agree, the police were not prepared and no where near the presence required.

When we played Peterhead a short while before that we had a ring of stewards all the way round......i do feel the Police were partly at fault for their negligence.

Just now, minstral said:

Just as well you never went down to the Villa game in the 70s. That is when we had fans that were scared of nobody, and would all stand together. We run the Villa fans out of the Holte end , which had never been done before.

I thank fuk he wasn't with us in Barcelona, he'd have been hiding under the seats while francos fascist police kicked shit out f us.

3 minutes ago, Camshy said:

That is a fair point, any time we also win we sit in the stand but as i said before if you consider the occasion is it really all that surprising they ran o to the pitch.......forgetting the events after it, i dont think its surprising they done it.

What sort of shite are you coming out with? 

They got on the pitch and proceeded to attack our players and run right towards our support. It's not like they got on and stayed around their own to celebrate.

Teams in every league break records and end years without trophies all the time and don't fucking do the shite they did. 

1 minute ago, Camshy said:

I agree, the police were not prepared and no where near the presence required.

When we played Peterhead a short while before that we had a ring of stewards all the way round......i do feel the Police were partly at fault for their negligence.

That was a weird thing as i was at both games and the Peterhead game had more stewards but it was only really in front of the Rangers supporters.

11 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Sadly from a legal perspective I don't think the club have done anything wrong by cancelling the ST without a refund. It'll be hidden away in the T&Cs that they reserve the right to do it in situations where they ban folk. 

Still absolutey fucking disgusting behaviour though, not befitting Rangers FC. The ban before any guilt has been proven is poor but the no refund just takes the absolute piss. 

Unfortunately, I imagine you're right.

Still bawbaggery, and any bear that is cleared should demand a refund, because no doubt they'll have sold the ST on, and getting banned for something you weren't convicted of is just not on.

7 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Obviously incapable of debate, once you start attacking people ( verbally this time ) you lose a bit of credibilty. Thankfully i know few people like you portray in the real world.

I can debate fine. The wee bit in bold? @gogzy that's another one ... taig talk. Talking like a victim. The list of you's on here getting bigger by the hour.

5 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

It is only not surprising because there was an inadequate police/stewards presence at their end. If they had done their jobs, this would not have happened.

I don't think it's fair to blame the Police after all, the meat wagons and mounted officers could not get past the past the human shield of children.

And in seriousness if anyone expects a steward on minimum wage to risk physical abuse well let's face it they're a bit loopy.

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I've hidden a few posts because a member just got banned for something non related, but he was being quoted a lot and would never be able to reply. 

Plus, it was a lot of shite. (tu) 

Who got banned mate?

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I don't think it's fair to blame the Police after all, the meat wagons and mounted officers could not get past the past the human shield of children.

And in seriousness if anyone expects a steward on minimum wage to risk physical abuse well let's face it they're a bit loopy.

I don't determine their remuneration but I do expect them to do their job.

26 minutes ago, Camshy said:

What a load of nonsense, no ones lives were in danger that day.  If people can be honest and reasonable with events that day its not all that surprising the Hibs fans invaded the pitch........its the first time they won the cup in what, 100 years or so ? They were playing Rangers in Glasgow too add in the mix as well as losing out in the league to us and also losing another cup final. I  reality an invasion was inevitable if they won.

I wasnt expecting to see them run over to our end and start goading our support but the truth of the matter is we simply couldnt take the defeat and then rubbing our noses in it.....unfortunately for the Rangers support a number of people feel its ok to run onto the pitch and start fighting with the opposition.....2 wrongs dont make a right.

Ensue the "your a...." well whatever.

You left out the part where they attacked our players. When the media and the authorities are trying to rewrite what happened that day its bad enough but when its our own support trotting out this narrative :power_of_anguish: . I'm sick and tired of this 100 years line as well, did the two highland clubs trash the stadium and assault players and run over to the opposition fans, after winning a major trophy for the first time in their history?

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

I don't determine their remuneration but I do expect them to do their job.

Would you put yourself in danger for £6 and hour, it's bad management that was wrong. From the police gaffers, to the security gaffers. It was a cluster fuck and the gaffers are the only ones getting away with it. Shocking 

So Rangers are basically saying you are guilty when the court date hasn't even been yet and they are suspending your season ticket. 

What makes it even worse you have not used your season ticket since paying for it as there has been no games and they are suspending it. I would be cancelling your direct debit if you are paying monthly. 

Club1872 are not interested in supporting fans incase they lose there place on the board and are not interested in anything negative towards the board. Someone that has put thousands of pounds into the club followed them all over, then you are looking for some support/backup and Rangers are kicking you whilst your down and can't wait to ban you. 

Total joke should Rangers not be questioning the police and stewards for standing watching Hivs fans attack our players. 

Same thing happened to someone I know who followed the tarriers total nightmare for him trying to get his ST back he just kept writing to them and phoning them and putting them under pressure. I would do the same thing if I was you. 

Good Luck (tu) 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I can debate fine. The wee bit in bold? @gogzy that's another one ... taig talk. Talking like a victim. The list of you's on here getting bigger by the hour.

Im amazed you have lasted this long on the forum given the recent posts i have seen from you.

Done speaking with you because you are clearly........well different !

9 minutes ago, Camshy said:

What a load of nonsense, no ones lives were in danger that day.  If people can be honest and reasonable with events that day its not all that surprising the Hibs fans invaded the pitch........its the first time they won the cup in what, 100 years or so ? They were playing Rangers in Glasgow too add in the mix as well as losing out in the league to us and also losing another cup final. I  reality an invasion was inevitable if they won.

I wasnt expecting to see them run over to our end and start goading our support but the truth of the matter is we simply couldnt take the defeat and then rubbing our noses in it.....unfortunately for the Rangers support a number of people feel its ok to run onto the pitch and start fighting with the opposition.....2 wrongs dont make a right.

Ensue the "your a...." well whatever.

The authorities can't have it both ways. They can't charge Hivs fans with threatening behaviour and also charge Rangers fans who defended themselves and others because it wasn't really threatening at all.

Some Hivs fans may have been on the pitch celebrating but many were, as the law puts it, "expressing or inciting religious, racial or other forms of hatred" and/or "threatening behaviour" as well as many actual assaults. In the face of threatening behaviour and indiscriminate violence the law allows you to defend yourself.

11 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

You left out the part where they attacked our players. When the media and the authorities are trying to rewrite what happened that day its bad enough but when its our own support trotting out this narrative :power_of_anguish: . I'm sick and tired of this 100 years line as well, did the two highland clubs trash the stadium and assault players and run over to the opposition fans, after winning a major trophy for the first time in their history?

No they didnt and again another fair comment, sounds like im defending the hibs fans......im not but i do think if you consider everything then it kind of explains their actions.

Lets not forget the rivalry that existed during our championship days with them.......mob mentality has a lot to do with it as well. As soon as one goes on thrn another follows and so on. Was the same with our own support, i was close to the first lad who jumped the barrier and thrn another and another etc.

I just struggle accept our own fans were protecting everyone else in a blue shirt that day.

11 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If you get banned from Ibrox can't you just ask a mate to pick you up a ticket? 

Not sure how it works but I'm sure the police have pictures of supporters of concern/note/banned. If you were to turn up at the stadium and they caught you i think a jail term can be imposed.