The day after review.....

Snakeater

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The starting 11 and the defence cost us yesterday.

Hamilton had 2 shots on goal the entire game and should've scored twice.

This worries me. In so many games we dominate but don't score and gift the opposition clear cut chances. We are in danger of dropping a lot of points simply because we don't have a consistent hard working centre forward who can put the ball in the net.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A year ago we put out a team of young fit hungry guys who ran and ran for 90 minutes, scoring a lot in the last 10 minutes of games because they could keep that energy going the whole time.  

Now we're becoming a rest home for over the hill ex QPR players and the whole dynamic has changed. We don't need any more than one old head to bring in a bit of experience and Barton looks the one who should be given that role.

Do we have to do the bouncy on the panic button?  It's one result,  it's nothing more than a bad day at the office.  It's no longer important.  As, Long as we learn from it,  the most important game is Tuesday....  End of. 

5 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

Do we have to do the bouncy on the panic button?  It's one result,  it's nothing more than a bad day at the office.  It's no longer important.  As, Long as we learn from it,  the most important game is Tuesday....  End of. 

Agree its early to panic this season but these type of performances and issues raised are not new, they have been evident since the tail end of last season.

12 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

"It's no longer important "

Utter shite.

End of.

I'd rather it happened yesterday than the 3rd last game of the season. 

I don't think Halliday had a bad game but he doesn't have the drive that Forrester or Windass has. I personally like Krancjar and feel that Miller and Mckay were nowhere near on the same wavelength and he is the player who could dig us out a hole over the season when needed. 

It becomes a bigger problem if the tims win today, means were already two behind. 

Consistency and the defence has been our problem. If we get a CB in I think the consistency follows because middle to front were really good to go. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

"It's no longer important "

Utter shite.

End of.

I agree,  your comment is utter shite.  In there context of the season yesterday's result is not important, dry your eyes you panic merchant. 

1 hour ago, Gooseman said:

Agree it's nothing in itself to panic about.Where I differ is the learn from it point.We hear it trundled out after every poor performance but don't see anything being actually learnt!

But although excitement slightly dampened yesterday I am still expecting big things this season.

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The starting 11 and the defence cost us yesterday.

Hamilton had 2 shots on goal the entire game and should've scored twice.

How can you blame the defence and then immediately point out that Hamilton only had two shots on goal the whole game?

Surely if they only get two shots then the defence have done their job?

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Unsure of Dodoo and yeah likely none of them are the out and out striker as you say.

But whoever is picked as the 9, or rotates into the 9 role just needs to play as a CF and goals will come. Let others do the creative stuff, their job is to be in the middle and finish off moves, crosses, etc. 

I actually think even Miller would benefit from this approach. 

Totally agree.

Yesterday was a bad day at the office.  We had 20 shots on target, 4 were on target.  We have an issue there and hopefully we will learn from that.  Our issues are there to see at the back and with a solid centre back we will do better there.

Looking back at the highlights, we could and should have won.  Forrester and MOH had chances to do that after we drew the game back to 1-1.  I'd expect us to get sharper and score more goals.

All we can take from yesterday is that it was a kick up the backside and hopefully we will learn from it, address the problems and move forward.

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

How can you blame the defence and then immediately point out that Hamilton only had two shots on goal the whole game?

Surely if they only get two shots then the defence have done their job?

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

We seen it all last season at Ibrox,teams get a couple of shots on target and they're still scoring.

We're going to learn far more this season about the team and management team than we did last. If Warburton and Weir thought there was pressure last year then its tripled this year.

My review is that Rangers Football Club drew 1-1 with Hamilton Academical yesterday, a team I read somewhere are favourites for relegation. That isn't acceptable, first game of the season or last.

Improvement needed and the game next week away to Dundee will be a tough one. Forget the Scottish Cup win last season, it means nothing. 

For me it was a lost opportunity to put down a marker for teams coming to Ibrox.

I wanted teams of the standard of Hamilton to look at Ibrox as a place where they expect to go away with nothing. Any more results like that and we will face teams visiting us with confidence they can get something out the game and that can make a massive difference.

4 hours ago, Gooseman said:

I agree,  your comment is utter shite.  In there context of the season yesterday's result is not important, dry your eyes you panic merchant. 

In the context of the first fixture it's 2 points dropped from a home fixture v Hamilton whilst our main competition look to have secured 3 points away to Hearts.

Recoverable over the season, maybe yes.  Unimportant, the fuck it is.

Moreover, it's the similar malaise we saw for the end of last season after the semi final. Unimportant?

We looked disjointed, little cohesion, and poor decisions were made (as poor as I've seen by Warburton ) by manager and players alike.  Unimportant too?

We've likely lost our top goalscorer for a good few weeks. Yeah that'll be unimportant as well I suppose. 

Critiquing a performance and saying it's far from good enough isn't panic. That's just the shite that you and folk like BP9 come out with when folk say stuff that's true but you don't want to hear.

Edit.

HAVE secured 3 points at Hearts.

38 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

We're going to learn far more this season about the team and management team than we did last. If Warburton and Weir thought there was pressure last year then its tripled this year.

My review is that Rangers Football Club drew 1-1 with Hamilton Academical yesterday, a team I read somewhere are favourites for relegation. That isn't acceptable, first game of the season or last.

Improvement needed and the game next week away to Dundee will be a tough one. Forget the Scottish Cup win last season, it means nothing. 

Agreed.

With some it's like it's OK to say it was the first game of the season so it's OK. It's everyone including Hamiltons first game of the season too. Their game plan worked, ours never got started.

Unimportant ffs.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The players looked off the pace but I think the fact that Warburton picked the wrong team to beginning with and then took too long to change it is what cost us a win.

Defo agree with this 100%.  We were bad, I cannot disagree more... but we still had 20 odd shots.  As bad as our defending is it was our attackers who let us down.  The wrong team on the day is to blame for that as much as it is MW for not changing it when it was so obvious at HT.

Is it unimportant? no.  It is massive... but it is massive in the context that we can now learn from it, pick a better starting XI and work on finishing games off.  We took 1 chance out of 20 as I say and that is not good enough.

6 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Aye, spot on . McKay sticks right on the touch line and we couldn't get him going yesterday. The form he's on we should be letting him drop into the 10 position all the time and running the game.

I've said it for months, we stretch the game far to much now - there's no one in the 10 position as all our midfield are concerned with is keeping possesion. Result; our midfield is fucking miles away from our front 3. Shock horror as soon as Forrester comes on and gets into an advanced central position, goal. 

I actually wanted us to take a CM off and drop Mckay into that role slightly deeper, could have brought Dodoo on instead of rossiter late on. Surely that would have made a better impact given we looked like struggling to create.

These bastards 2 points in front means we can not afford to drop anymore points going to the girodrome so MW you better keep that in mind or you might find yourself getting a rough time

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

The players looked off the pace but I think the fact that Warburton picked the wrong team to begin with and then took too long to change it is what cost us a win.

He's too stubborn in his approach and it will cost us more points this season.

When the games not going well you have 2 options, change formation or make subs. He won't change formation, which leaves subs, he won't make subs until around the 60th min.

His approach of we do this and we'll continue to do this is a good soundbite when it's working but when it's not he needs to be able to make changes throughout a game in reaction to what's happening on the pitch.

No need to panic after one result and if warbs can get another center back and striker we all want we will be fine.

my only gripe and I've said it a few times that in our home games we need someone who will take a man on and be direct because when teams come to ibrox they are going to sit in deep and it isn't easy to break down when our passing is not as good as normal(like yesterday)

moh has to start for me as he always looks direct and gives teams something else to think about!

8 hours ago, FSM said:

Mate, rusty or not it's Hamilton Accies at home and we should have beaten them comfortably. Another worry for me is the fact that Ibrox no longer appears to have a fear factor for visiting teams.

Correct, it was Hamilton Accies and we should have pumped them. The energy of JH was missed and AH cannot play wide right. MK is a class act but looks unfit. Should be keeping KM company on the bench. With MO next them - cannot understand why he deserves a start as has shown nothing. Unfortunately everything going through JB and he sits too deep - want to avoid a rerun of how we played with BF in this role (although at least JB passes the ball forward).