English Football

Clemdog

5 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Yeah statistically he is.

What stats are we going on now? The best striker in that league scored two tonight, think everyone knows this.

IMG_0262.jpeg

4 minutes ago, CR3 said:

What stats are we going on now? The best striker in that league scored two tonight, think everyone knows this.

IMG_0261.jpeg

I never said he was the best striker.

xG overperformance is used to compare the best finishers. Son is known to be one of the highest overperformers.

Son being a brilliant finisher isn't a controversial take. 

3 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I never said he was the best striker

I know, you said best finisher in the league and he’s about 6th on the actual stats and joint 7th in goals scored so that makes it a crazy statement that’s all. :lol:

9 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I know, you said best finisher in the league and he’s about 6th on the actual stats and joint 7th in goals scored so that makes it a crazy statement that’s all. :lol:

Finisher and number of goals scored are different things.

Son has overperformed his expected goals by 5.7 this season, the only one better is Foden at +7.2 but a couple of his have been free kicks so it's not a perfect comparison.

He's always one of or the best in this regards and has been for years, he just doesn't get as many chances of others - partly as he predominantly plays off the left, but the chances he gets he converts better than almost anyone.

Here is an article on it.

image.thumb.png.0a60b4bc4f75ed284dbe7834fcd46247.png

Spurs fans on their forum having a big row this morning over how tinpot they are.

Some thinking it wasn’t tinpot only starting to sing when City went ahead and some thinking they might chuck it they’re that embarrassed :lol:

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Spurs fans on their forum having a big row this morning over how tinpot they are.

Some thinking it wasn’t tinpot only starting to sing when City went ahead and some thinking they might chuck it they’re that embarrassed :lol:

I could never sit at ibrox and hope the team playing us beat us.

its an absolutely fucking embarrassing situation to be in. Imagine being happy your club is missing out on the champions league.

that league in the last few weeks has shown it’s not the “greatest league in the world” teams fucked out of Europe left right and centre, fans of clubs wanting their team to lose. 

genuinely as someone said earlier, give me the tin pot shite we watch each week over that over rated and over inflated pish 

6 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

its an absolutely fucking embarrassing situation to be in. Imagine being happy your club is missing out on the champions league.

that league in the last few weeks has shown it’s not the “greatest league in the world” teams fucked out of Europe left right and centre, fans of clubs wanting their team to lose. 

genuinely as someone said earlier, give me the tin pot shite we watch each week over that over rated and over inflated pish 

I flicked it over to their game when ours was at HT and the stadium was ridiculously quiet until City went on the attack, even the commentators said it was the weirdest atmosphere they’d experienced 

Read the Spurs fans did the Poznan when City scored their second aswell :lol:

22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I flicked it over to their game when ours was at HT and the stadium was ridiculously quiet until City went on the attack, even the commentators said it was the weirdest atmosphere they’d experienced 

Read the Spurs fans did the Poznan when City scored their second aswell :lol:

Utterly tragic and I now hope that West Ham stop city winning the league to show how even more tragic this has been  

36 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Mental to me that people wanted them to play their u17s and lie down. Imagine you lie down to City and then Arsenal and Villa get beat on Saturday anyway. Bizarre. Them getting CL football could be the difference between getting players with that bit of extra quality in.

Such a small club mentality.