English Football

Clemdog

On 07/11/2020 at 15:28, GOAT said:

Wow man.  How the fuck is that offside?  Get VAR too fuck.  It’s no even close.

B8C30CF2-D6E4-4470-A4EA-66F56F0721AE.jpeg

The most ridiculous thing about that decision is that's pretty fucking obvious his arm is out there to point to where he wants the ball played....if that option has now being eliminated from the game then I'm not sure where they are trying to take the game....diabolical decision 

So Greg Clark, a 62 year old man, makes comments that are considered outdated and the immediate response to that is calls (that succeeded) for him to lose his job?

Surely one of the best ways to tackle racism is to take steps to educate people who are older and/or ignorant about what you can and cannot say rather than immediately looking to get them fired from their jobs, canceling them and then blacklisting them like they never existed?

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So Greg Clark, a 62 year old man, makes comments that are considered outdated and the immediate response to that is calls (that succeeded) for him to lose his job?

Surely one of the best ways to tackle racism is to take steps to educate people who are older and/or ignorant about what you can and cannot say rather than immediately looking to get them fired from their jobs, canceling them and then blacklisting them like they never existed?

I really don’t get it. Do people think that he’s an overt racist and decided that the time to reveal it was in front of a select committee? It’s plainly obvious to anyone with a functioning brain that he fucked his language up, presumably wanting to say “players of colour” and getting it wrong. Ridiculous overreaction, and conflating this sort of thing with actual racism, of which there is plenty, does absolutely nobody any good.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I hate the World as it is today tbh 

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Eh? 

Absolutely idiotic comments given what's gone on this year including the 'life choice' gay comment and he should be sacked for his stupidity if nothing else.

31 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Eh? 

Absolutely idiotic comments given what's gone on this year including the 'life choice' gay comment and he should be sacked for his stupidity if nothing else.

I never mentioned the comments he made about gay people though. I was specifically talking about what he said about race.

I’m very much a “leftie” when it comes to my views on equal rights and what not but this constant social media driven “cancel culture” every time somebody says anything that even threatens to step over the line of what’s deemed socially acceptable these days has to stop. It’s crazy town and it’s not  always the way to address these issues.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I never mentioned the comments he made about gay people though. I was specifically talking about what he said about race.

I’m very much a “leftie” when it comes to my views on equal rights and what not but this constant social media driven “cancel culture” every time somebody says anything that even threatens to step over the line of what’s deemed socially acceptable these days has to stop. It’s crazy town and it’s not  always the way to address these issues.

I get what you're saying and to an extent I generally agree. I think in the position he held the language he used needed to be spot on though. He had a responsibility to make sure he was well enough informed to know that 'coloured players' and some of the others things he has come out with aren't acceptable.