Preston Fan on Joe Garner

PNEFCFAN

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The manager's clueless.

Yes I agree but garner never really started in front of anyone as he's a joke player, the guy doesn't even look like a footballer. I always give players no matter who plenty of time to settle and get to grips with the expectations of the support and playing for us I've did it with MOH forrester and all our players but sometimes u just have to hold ur hands up and admit some players are rotten and garner falls straight into that category. My wee boy who is 6 trains with Hamilton accies community group and has way more composure in front of goal than garner and I'm not even joking 

3 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Yes I agree but garner never really started in front of anyone as he's a joke player, the guy doesn't even look like a footballer. I always give players no matter who plenty of time to settle and get to grips with the expectations of the support and playing for us I've did it with MOH forrester and all our players but sometimes u just have to hold ur hands up and admit some players are rotten and garner falls straight into that category. My wee boy who is 6 trains with Hamilton accies community group and has way more composure in front of goal than garner and I'm not even joking 

Fair enough mate, all about opinions.

1 hour ago, watpnosurrender said:

flo was a good player with a good return on goals just not worth the price tag and considering we made nearly 7 million back from selling him to Sunderland isn't even nearly as bad a deal as some make out

Flo would have been viewed as a decent signing for us at even half of what we paid for him. He was judged as a flop by the media due to his price tag and wages, and because we passed on Harston -  who then went on to be a great signing for Celtic. But his goals to game ratio during his short stay with us was hardly worthy of the flop tag, and he's certainly undeserving of being compared to Garner, Waghorn, Kyle, Jeffers, Beattie, Østenstad, Maniero, Nietto or Sandaza. 

I understand why he's a hero to Preston fans he's one of their own who grafts and plays with his heart on his sleeve but that isn't enough to get by at a club the size of ours even more so when there is absolutely no emotional attachment between our fans and him like he had with the Preston support.

I honestly can't believe we spent well over a million in him because he's an absolute dumpling so cheers for that " Warbs"

4 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Couldn't agree more. Imo I actually think garner doesn't even want to play for us now and think if a league 1/2 club in England came in for him he would be away in a shot 

I'm sure I saw a 'rumour' on here that he and Keirnan had already started packing their possessions up to move back south.  Watching the guy he gives it all but he looks miles short of what we need. He cost buttons in current football terms but still more than the rest of the SPL spent combined. It just shows how difficult it is to play and be expected to score and win every time compared to playing in league 1 or 2.  Like MOH it just didn't work.

Just now, bluewhitevanman said:

Do not doubt your last bit for a second. My 8 year old granddaughter would be better, and she doesn't play a lot of football.

Our strike force of Garner,Waghorn and Dodoo Forrester etc must be one of the lowest scoring and ineffective in Rangers History.

How many goals between them? 

Not even average players at best and we've to rely on them to score goals no wonder we are getting pumped by average teams ?

29 minutes ago, WGOH said:

When Garner came on yesterday he gave us something, albeit 4-1 doon, that Waghorn didny and wound up Boyata to fuck. Am convinced if he started he'd have got that cunt sent aff

Nah he would have been sent off. The referee gave us nothing.

7 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Nah he would have been sent off. The referee gave us nothing.

No but what I mean is, before he came on Waghorn got absolutely nothing off him in terms of free kicks, winning headers etc. Garner got about 6 free kicks of him, got him booked and won a few headers against him. None of which Waghorn did in 70 mins.