Preston Fan on Joe Garner

PNEFCFAN

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garner is a team player and will never hide, he will give a 100% every game.

Thats all Rangers fans ask, he is gonna be a legend amoungst the fans, not for his goals as he is not an out and out goal scorer, but for what he brings to the team.

Max points against ICT and SJ sets us up nicely for Hogmanay and wee Garner can be let loose on those cunts.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Still can't get my head around this new found cult hero status - it's seriously baffling me 

I think it's the attitude, fight, desire he's putting his body on the line and leading the line the teams responding to this and since the hearts game away there has been a solidness about us and I think he aptomises that

4 hours ago, terry739 said:

Love Garner's attitude.

Any player who gives 110% in a Rangers shirt does for me!

He'll come good with goals as well, might take a wee while but with his work rate they'll come.

Never Forget Never Forgive

4 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Garner is a team player and will never hide, he will give a 100% every game.

Thats all Rangers fans ask, he is gonna be a legend amoungst the fans, not for his goals as he is not an out and out goal scorer, but for what he brings to the team.

Max points against ICT and SJ sets us up nicely for Hogmanay and wee Garner can be let loose on those cunts.

Going to agree with Copland bear and think he gives 100%

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Still can't get my head around this new found cult hero status - it's seriously baffling me 

Me neither, he's never going to be good enough to score a lot of goals in this formation. He probably could as well with someone beside him because he looks more like a poacher to me. Can't see him scoring many from outside the box or beating a couple of players in front of him in these packed defences to create chances for himself. He is contributing though by being aggressive and leading the line and no doubt will get some goals from inside the box. I suppose its a difficult shift right enough being the sole man in the middle with the way teams set-up against us but he hardly manages to connect with anything decent so can't understand why he's getting so much praise.

So far he just strikes me as a Sebo 

A bit harsh no doubt because I think he'd score more in a 442 but that's basically what he's doing. Think its just because the team have lacked a bit of fight and attitude which is poor considering its Rangers.

Joe garner isn't the most talented player we have ever had ,but his huge huge commitment to the team is a shining light for the fans at a time where we have just come through a phase where the majority of fans where getting on the backs of the team and the manager for not being anywhere near what we wanted or expected as bears 

He has shown massive desire to be a proper fans player and deserves all the please he gets ,he hasn't the ability of some of our great strikers of the past,but his desire to give his all will do him no harm at all 

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It's all to do with his no surrender attitude,he is a modern day Terry Hurlock,never a great player but would run through brick walls for the cause. Tims don't support broonaldo because he's a skilful cunt but because of the effort the fucker puts in. Would you prefer Garner or the pre hearts game McKay who hid and was being referred to as a shitbag? Amazing what a couple of wins can do to alter people's opinion. As someone once said "it's a funny old game"

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

A few weeks ago our team was lacking commitment, hunger, desire. The performance at Tynecastle was the worst in that respect. Then Garner comes on and shows every other player the desire that they should have shown from the start. Our 3 wins in a row have came as a result of a few things but desire is without doubt the biggest and Garner epitomises that. He is exactly what our team needs at this moment in time.

8 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

He was in great positions last night but no one seems to pass to him lol 

I would like him to become our number one goal scorer but aslong as he keeps up his efforts I'll be more than happy with him.  Playing in a sideways game he's no good but when we mix it up abit you can see the effects he has in the final third. 

4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

I would like him to become our number one goal scorer but aslong as he keeps up his efforts I'll be more than happy with him.  Playing in a sideways game he's no good but when we mix it up abit you can see the effects he has in the final third. 

Agreed mate