***UEFA Champions League 16/17***

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Galatasary, 2-3 defeat over there and a nil nil at home. Defeat at Graz and the 2-2 with Monaco meant we only picked up 2 from the last 4

Gio's David Cooperesque free kick in Turkey though :drool:

I'm getting all my years mixed up to fuck :lol: can tell I was only about 7-8 at the time! 

Aye ive seen that free kick that was a peach :drool: Gio was something else, what a career, that goal in the 2010 World Cup he scored as well was incredible 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gaz52 said:

I'm getting all my years mixed up to fuck :lol: can tell I was only about 7-8 at the time! 

Aye ive seen that free kick that was a peach :drool: Gio was something else, what a career, that goal in the 2010 World Cup he scored as well was incredible 

Was far too good for Scotland wee Gio

Sturm Graz finished top of that group as well, top of the group, we absolutely destroyed them at Ibrox, they couldn't get a look in all game, even wee Billy Dodds was chipping the keeper from outside the box :lol:

Thouht we were a shoe in that year for the second group stage, they were drawn with Man U and Valencia after that, I reckon we could have went further although Man U were the winners previous and Valencia I think made the final so maybe not :lol:

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I remember drawing 2-2 with Monaco at Ibrox, was it Bayern or Valencia the other team?

Sorry to be a pedantic prick but it was 5-0 vs Sturm Graz :wink::lol: Albertz scored a beautiful goal that game 

should have been 6 but the big man missed a penalty as well

4 minutes ago, BF2 said:

The Champions League is a strange competition to give your sub goalie game time in. Especially considering Ospina is utter shite.

Yeah I agree. Wenger seems to think he's decent. He's defended him a few times. Surely if you have to defend your keeper more than once you kind of work out he's shite! 

5 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Yeah I agree. Wenger seems to think he's decent. He's defended him a few times. Surely if you have to defend your keeper more than once you kind of work out he's shite! 

Wenger still hasn't got out of the habit of sticking by really average players. Even tonight, he's playing Coquelin over Xhaka and Iwobi over Oxlade-Chamberlain. Baffling.

Just now, BF2 said:

Wenger still hasn't got out of the habit of sticking by really average players. Even tonight, he playing Coquelin over Xhaka and Iwobi over Oxlade-Chamberlain. Baffling.

Biggest game of the season for Arsenal so far. Tonight will be the start of the annual meltdown! 

• 3 weeks later...

Arsenal v Bayern again... :anguish: 

Manchester City vs Monaco

Real Madrid vs Napoli

Benfica vs Borussia Dortmund

Bayern Munich vs Arsenal

FC Porto vs Juventus

Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid

Paris Saint-Germain vs Barcelona

Sevilla vs Leicester City