Kris Boyd's brother found dead

geneva_ger

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Sorry I couldn't give a fuck, he has a wife and child on the way.  An absolute selfish bastard.  They and the rest of his family will have to pick up the pieces from his careless act.

Ridiculous thing to say! If you understood the effects depression etc has on people you wouldn't be posting shite like that! Shame on you.

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Sorry I couldn't give a fuck, he has a wife and child on the way.  An absolute selfish bastard.  They and the rest of his family will have to pick up the pieces from his careless act.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Who knows what he's been through in his life?

It's no as simple as you or I condemning him because he's left them behind. It's such a tragic situation but the 'not giving a fuck' line is pretty harsh.

It's not ridiculous at all, he's selfish.  End of.  That poor wean is going to grow up never meeting his da.  

What a tragic situation especially with a baby on the way.

While it always seems that it is the easy way out for the person, I have had family and friends take their own lives and I believe they just cannot see a way out of whatever hell they are going through. :(

Condolences to all the family. 

sorry to hear that :( thoughts are with kris and of course scotts partner and child. a lot of people will hate on him cause he committed suicide but you don't know what he was struggling with. suicide is what happens when you feel you have no other option. would you jump out a building for fear of the flames or stay there and let it consume you? that's what it feels like for those who don't know.

Just now, Bears r us said:

What a tragic situation especially with a baby on the way.

While it always seems that it is the easy way out for the person, I have had family and friends take their own lives and I believe they just cannot see a way out of whatever hell they are going through. :(

Condolences to all the family. 

One of my best mates done it. You may mind the thread I made a couple of years ago.

His wee sister done it at 13, his mum then done it and then he done it.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

One of my best mates done it. You may mind the thread I made a couple of years ago.

My mate done it too, one of the most selfless people I knew, he just got up left a few messages and away he went. Horrible even trying to think what's going through the minds of someone in that mental state.

Breaks my heart man, sorry about your pal too that sent a shivver down me reading it.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I remember it well mate,  I had a similar situation some years ago in our family and also had friends,  it always seems so pointless but the mind is very powerful and if it goes wrong sometimes no amount of help will work IMO. :(

8 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

People can go through years and years and years of this and it won't help them.

Do you seriously think coming to the conclusion that he wanted to kill himself, given the family etc, is the 'easy' way out?

As harsh as it may sound, yes I do.

I'm not trying to play down depression, I have friends and family members who've suffered from it.  It is an awful illness and as you have rightly pointed out, for some people it is incurable.

But, again as harsh as it may sound, all he has done is inflict an awful pain on to his family.  None more so than his partner, who will have to explain to their unborn child one day that his/her Dad wasn't strong enough to raise them.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm very close to my immediate family, and if one of them was to ever take their own lives, I don't think I'd ever fully recover from it.

4 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I'm not trying to play down depression, I have friends and family members who've suffered from it.  It is an awful illness and as you have rightly pointed out, for some people it is incurable.

But, again as harsh as it may sound, all he has done is inflict an awful pain on to his family.  None more so than his partner, who will have to explain to their unborn child one day that his/her Dad wasn't strong enough to raise them.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm very close to my immediate family, and if one of them was to ever take their own lives, I don't think I'd ever fully recover from it.

I'd like to hope that the child's mother and family will know the reasons why he done it and will be able explain to him/her why he done such a thing.

Take it from me, you don't.

But when you realise the reasons they have done it, in a rather perverse way, it helped me massively.

Can understand people having different opinions on suicide, but some people seem far too harsh. In my opinion it`s an illness of the mind that people don`t choose to have. You don`t shout at a dementia sufferer and call them ignorant for forgetting your name, so you shouldn`t call someone a selfish bastard for committing suicide. Maybe seems like a simplistic view to have but I think some people totally underestimate and misunderstand depression.

2 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

Can understand people having different opinions on suicide, but some people seem far too harsh. In my opinion it`s an illness of the mind that people don`t choose to have. You don`t shout at a dementia sufferer and call them ignorant for forgetting your name, so you shouldn`t call someone a selfish bastard for committing suicide. Maybe seems like a simplistic view to have but I think some people totally underestimate and misunderstand depression.

Everyone has different experiences with it, it's a raw subject with plenty of emotion involved.

No one is right or wrong.

4 minutes ago, BF2 said:

You don't know his mental state though. It's mental illness we're talking about here. He probably wasn't thinking rationally. For all we know he though he was saving his family from himself. It's hard to accept someone doing that to their own family, but you have to recognise that you probably haven't ever felt anything like what he did and so it's entirely impossible for anyone to say they wouldn't have done the same thing. 

It's ridiculous to be judgemental about this kind of thing when you haven't felt exactly what he felt. Each depression is different and individual and more than likely many are utterly horrible, a living hell. Nobody can judge him without knowing his particular hell.

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

That last paragraph is absolutely tragic mate, what a shame for that family.

13 seems awful young aswell so she must have been a troubled wee girl.

Of the people I know who have killed themselves, it's been more a case of genuinely believing that their families would be better off without them, feeling that they're only causing stress and upset.

To kill yourself, you can't be thinking rationally, but there's the crux of the matter, they won't be thinking clearly, but to them it must make sense.

35 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

People can go through years and years and years of this and it won't help them.

Do you seriously think coming to the conclusion that he wanted to kill himself, given the family etc, is the 'easy' way out?

yes.

selfish

ˈsɛlfɪʃ/

adjective

egocentric, egotistic, egotistical,egomaniacal, self-centred, self-regarding, self-absorbed, self-obsessed, self-seeking, self-serving,wrapped up in oneself, inward-looking,introverted, self-loving;

Definitely not the feelings of a suicidal person, self loathing would be more appropriate.