Kris Boyd's brother found dead

geneva_ger

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SCOTTISH international footballer Kris Boyd has said his family is in “deep shock” after revealing his younger brother has taken his own life.

Kris, who has plays for Scottish Premier League team Kilmarnock, has spoken of the tragedy in the hope it will encourage others to talk about their emotions.

His brother, Scott, 27, was found dead yesterday by mother, Maureen.

The 33-year-old said: “Our family is in deep shock.

“He obviously had issues in his life which none of us were aware of.

“I hope this raises awareness for those who are struggling with things in their life to ask for help if they need it.

“Unfortunately Scott wasn’t able to do that and the consequences are tragic. It’s just so hard to believe he’s gone.”

Kris said he hopes his brother’s tragic death will encourage others to share problems and emotions, believing a chat with loved ones could have saved Scott’s life.

Paying tribute to his younger brother, the record-breaking striker said: “Scott was a loving son, brother, husband and father.

“He was the kind of person who would do anything for anybody. He doted on his son and loved his wife deeply.

“For him to take his own life has left his friends and family utterly devastated. We hope people respect our privacy at this extremely difficult time while we try and come to terms with what’s happened.”

Scott’s pregnant wife, Kelly, and their son, are in the care of relatives, including football star Kris.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

My thoughts are with his family who he has now left to pick up the pieces from his shite.  Suicide must be the most selfish thing anyone can do in life and death.  He was going to be a father ffs, poor wean.

You're entitled to your opinion however poor it is.

I have been touched by suicide where a mother left her two kids, she was a tortured soul and as much as she was given support her illness could not be cured.

Spare a thought for the family and friends of those who cannot go on.

I find it ridiculous when people say suicide is the easy way out.

Imagine being at a point in your life where you feel so low that the only option you feel you have is to kill yourself. I've never experience it and hope I never do but I very much doubt there's anything at all about that decision which would be easy.

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

selfish

ˈsɛlfɪʃ/

adjective

egocentric, egotistic, egotistical,egomaniacal, self-centred, self-regarding, self-absorbed, self-obsessed, self-seeking, self-serving,wrapped up in oneself, inward-looking,introverted, self-loving;

Definitely not the feelings of a suicidal person, self loathing would be more appropriate. 

I don't think any of them feel that they are being selfish.  I think in a lot of cases they probably (wrongly) feel they are doing the world a favour.  I know that when I dealt with depression, I believed I was nothing more than a drain on my friends and family, and the world would be better without me.

I am just glad those feelings didn't take over my life.

I don't think they feel selfish, but suicide is a selfish act.

59 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It's a thread to respect no a debate on whether suicide is selfish or not ffs.

THat's a very fair point,  apologies.

I feel for his family,  I have family members who have been through this and they have never really recovered from it.

I honestly think we should lose all the posts on whether suicides right or wrong plus all the part time shrinks we seem to now have on the forum, and leave this as a Rip thread.

We could always do a separate thread on the Topic suicide.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

THat's a very fair point,  apologies.

I feel for his family,  I have family members who have been through this and they have never really recovered from it.

Yeah it's a shame, just reading that article the family must be gutted that they didn't even know of the problems, he tried to contein them himself.

Threads like this always go off on tangent but every suicide experience is different. It isn't up too people online to judge the guy IMO

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Yeah it's a shame, just reading that article the family must be gutted that they didn't even know of the problems, he tried to contein them himself.

Threads like this always go off on tangent but every suicide experience is different. It isn't up too people online to judge the guy IMO

While I agree with the sentiment, isn't that what the internet does,  judges?

Quite simply an absolute tragedy for the poor young soul's family.

I agree with the guy who said it isn't the time for a debate on mental health and suicide and certainly not the time to be posting cold and heartless jibes in such raw circumstances. It's a time for respect and condolences, and there are lots of heartfelt and poignant messages on this thread so hopefully some of the warm-wishes reach the Boyd extended family at this gut-wrenching time.

Also, I feel for the rest of the guys on here who have posted about having similar experiences. Truly shocking for anyone to have to go through such tragedy whether it be family or friends. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us, you never know who you are possibly saving by getting an issue like this out there in the open rather than just dismissing it as some kind of outlandish taboo. Especially among our particular demographic where people like to pretend they are infallible and everything is always just 'awright.'

Genuine respect and condolences to anyone who has ever suffered in this manner. Respect and empathy to the survivors and those brave enough to pick up the pieces and condolences and sympathy to any of those who were not so fortunate.

57 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The best post on the subject. (tu) 

We don't know what makes a person decide to take their own life because we've luckily never been to the place in their head which makes them do it.

I've known several (3) guys who have done it and it always came as a shock to those who knew and worked with them!

RIP Scott and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Just now, terry739 said:

We don't know what makes a person decide to take their own life because we've luckily never been to the place in their head which makes them do it.

I've known several (3) guys who have done it and it always came as a shock to those who knew and worked them!

RIP Scott and my thoughts are with you and your family.

I've been at the bottom of that particular hole mate, all rational thought goes out the window. I've also lost a couple of school friends one at school age and one later on in life. 

As Godfather said there is no right or wrong. Some find help and climb out of the hole, some no matter how much help never get out, some can't seem to find the help that's out there. 

The one constant is the family are left to suffer with the feelings of guilt, everybody thinks they should've seen it coming or could've did something more to help. 

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I've been at the bottom of that particular hole mate, all rational thought goes out the window. I've also lost a couple of school friends one at school age and one later on in life. 

As Godfather said there is no right or wrong. Some find help and climb out of the hole, some no matter how much help never get out, some can't seem to find the help that's out there. 

The one constant is the family are left to suffer with the feelings of guilt, everybody thinks they should've seen it coming or could've did something more to help. 

Good Explanation, CB, and very well put!

I know what you mean about feeling guilt!

Glad you came through it!