Years ahead? Nah.

gsa

Just now, scottyc06 said:

Do you honestly believe we will win the next 11 games? 

We're still in October we need to put a run together and I'm HOPING we can go on a winning streak, I'll be there on Wednesday believing we can go and finish this year on a high and start the new year in a better place.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, superallysbears said:

Listen the league's the most important thing and I did say it was a big ask, what we meant to do? Just surrender and say aw fuck were no good enough and take it up the arse, 

Well we have surrendered in last 2 games against tims. Sunday was all about damage limitation and not actually winning the game. Even if we found 5 or 10 million to spend in January would you trust Warburton with it? Barton,niko,moh and garner don't make a good case for it. And we aren't going to catch up with the scum by signing guys from the likes of fleetwood,especially ones who appear to be either injury prone or delicate little souls. Europe has shown how bad the tims are but we are fucking awful and we also appear to be going backwards. I will be there on Wednesday as usual but can anyone honestly say they are confident of getting a win. Warburtons record is actually piss poor and his press talks are getting pretty much embarrassing 

we are 4 quality players behind, not years. Exaggerated language as usual in football. A bit of money, some wise picks in the transfer market and we will have caught up. The questions are, where is the money and who do we get in?

Thanks to the previous incompetants whom were coaching and running the club, we did blow 3 'pressure free' years to rebuild the club. I'm sure many of us are greatly frustrated by that fact.

We are maybe 2yrs behind where we should be in rebuilding but..... ££££'s will catch that up quickly.

They are not world beaters, but maintaining the status quo means that in order to surpass them, we are relying on gross incompetance on their part.

It’s not about getting our act together as if we just had an off-day. And Celtic are nothing at all special - in fact they are there for the taking. We have a decent - not great but decent - management team who are doing the best they can with what they’ve got or can get and are very capable of achieving success. We need to see some serious investment in the team from the owner though, and I thought that was promised.  I strongly suspect the current management team are being lined up as the fall guys though, and any talk of putting money in will be talked about as a non-issue, and that it’s all down to MW being a terrible manager. 

3 hours ago, gsa said:

Not that far. Their defence is only marginally better than ours. Brown is a shocking player who's only effective because referees in Scotland are reluctant to actually officiate him. Bitton will be off as soon as possible as will Sinclair and Dembelle. Rogic not as good as Niko and doesnt have the excuse of age for being so slow and unfit. Griffiths is SPL fodder. Both goalkeepers not as good as both of our goalkeepers. 

Stop being so deluded. Their team is much, much better than ours, to suggest otherwise is silly. They had a 12m Man City player who can't even get a game sitting on the bench, who did we have? 

They are only better tho, due to investment. For every shite player they sign (ciftci for example) they get lucky with players like Dembele and Sinclair. We will not match them until we take the same risks in the transfer market. 

We need to get more shots on goal, especially in games where we've been dominating. We sometimes look as if we wanna walk the ball into the net, or try to shoot a second too late. It's infuriating watching our team just now,  crosses being put into the box, good crosses too, and none of our players there to get onto the end of them.

I don't know how good Garner really is because he's not had a run of games up front to see if he is any good.

It will take years of financial recovery before we can compete with them.  While it's true 4-5 quality players would even things up that requires money which we don't currently have.  Even if we did spend on 4-5 players I truly believe Celtic would spend again in the January window if they thought we were serious contenders.  They have the financial clout to consistently buy an advantage over us and that's the harsh reality.  Unless we can find a way to close the financial gap quickly, it'll take years before we can realistically expect to compete.

6 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Back in 2000 Advocaat had rangers playing the best football I've ever seen a rangers team play. That summer the Shettleston's appointed martin  oneill and gave him a big transfer budget. From losing the league by around d 20pts to winning by a similar margin in the space of 12 months. And they were told they were years behind us then. 

It can be one year or a hundred years - we need money 

One other thing - if they get to 9 in a row they will throw all kinds of money to make it 10. The clock is ticking - maybe DK has decided to hand his money to his kids after all. 

Spot on mate.the media and all these football pundit's would have you believe that where years behind.they forget that saint fartin turned it around in one season ,but in order to do so we need money.??

Celtic are way ahead of us at this present time. From their team I'd take Sinclair,griffiths,biton, wee humphy, tierny, and sbiachrnko or whatever he's called.  Possibly that lustig over tavernier aswell and dembele aswell. 

Now football can be a matter of opinion but that's 8 players, 8 fucking tims that are if not better they are in better form than ours.  How anyone can pick Wallace over that wee cunt from theres is deluded really. 

5 good signings on our behalf would imo shorten the gap but not close it. Why the fuck didn't we just buy the Aberdeen team?  We'd be 2nd now

Don't think you can measure it like that.

I think back to Advocaat's last seasons , where after two years of excellent football , we'd suddenly fell flat . mon had come in for the tims and , apart from a 5-1 win , for the next season and a half , we weren't even close to them . 

It seemed , at the time , to go from bad to worse when Advocaat's was replaced not by a big name manager , but one from hibs - a certain Alex McLeish. If things couldnt get any worse , we had started selling a lot of our big players in a bid to cut costs at a time where our rivals were recruiting heavily . 

It was a period the tims should have expected to go on and clear up most of the trophies available , but what happened ? Big Eck and the players punched above their weight and whatever they lacked , they made up for with grit and determination , and fought for every one of the next 5 trophies that they won . 

You never know what's round the corner . 

7 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Beaten by one goal, going on 5.

'Years behind' is a term used for exaggeration. We are a long way behind though, squad- wise.

Long way behind? Why do eejits use this long way behind nonsense? Football teams are not measured in ways, so a long or short way is a non descriptive term for the current status of our team.

:P

8 hours ago, kanjo said:

A good manager and £5m spent wisely would see us close the gap to a very, very fine line.  Our squad is not as good as their one but there are 6 or 7 who, with better players around them, would do a better job.

Where said £5m comes from is another question.  Who and/or should get it is another based on £1.6m Garner.

No it wouldn't 

They're not years ahead of us they're a good transfer window ahead of us. They recruited well in the summer we didn't. Last April we played them off the park and they were lucky to get to penaltys. We've played them twice since and they've hammered us twice. The two teams must only have had a handful of new signings each starting the last two games but i know whose I'd rather were playing for us. Like others have said only good investment will see us catch them.

In terms of money in the banks and level they are playing at they are years ahead of us or it will take us years to get to that level. They have 8 players at keast who would walk into our team on out 2 showings against them none of ours would get a sniff. Ok it was 1-0 but we were dominated, for a team that is supposed to be attack minded no shot until 56 minutes is terrible.

I honestly think its time for a change if there is investment, thats a big if, would you trust MW to spend it?

8 hours ago, gsa said:

Where did this "years ahead" thing come from and why do people moronically repeat it? How can a football team be "years ahead"? What does it even mean? 

How many years would we have said Chelsea, Man U, City, Arsenal, etc were ahead of Leicester? Funnily enough sport doesn't work in year long cycles. It happens dynamically and things can change extremely quickly.  If we signed 3 quality players in January (i accept we won't but theoretically) would that mean we had clawed back X amount of years?

It's embarrassing listening to so called "Rangers men" fawn all over Celtic like they're some elite outfit. 

We've been playing lower league football for 4 years. It wa always going to take some time. Get behind the manager and players and man the fuck up. So many of us seem determined to act like hysterical tims.

We got beat by a single goal from a so called Champions League team. One goal. 

Inagine we get our act together, which make no mistake, we will...

Years is debatable - behind I don't think is. I agree we will get there and we will get our act together but I'm not sure that the upward change will be measured in weeks or months but a season or two. What I know is we are a club with the capacity for better - I believe we have the right manager doing the right long term things and what we need to do is get behind that process instead of this over reaction based on getting best by them twice 

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Don't think you can measure it like that.

I think back to Advocaat's last seasons , where after two years of excellent football , we'd suddenly fell flat . mon had come in for the tims and , apart from a 5-1 win , for the next season and a half , we weren't even close to them . 

It seemed , at the time , to go from bad to worse when Advocaat's was replaced not by a big name manager , but one from hibs - a certain Alex McLeish. If things couldnt get any worse , we had started selling a lot of our big players in a bid to cut costs at a time where our rivals were recruiting heavily . 

It was a period the tims should have expected to go on and clear up most of the trophies available , but what happened ? Big Eck and the players punched above their weight and whatever they lacked , they made up for with grit and determination , and fought for every one of the next 5 trophies that they won . 

You never know what's round the corner . 

Remember that mcleish's teams still consisted of de boer , mols , numan , lovenkrands , Ricksen, McCann ,Fergusson , Arteta, Amorouso , prso and novo  . I am in no way disputing what big eck done for us as what he acheived in his circumstances where fantastic however he did have some genuinely class players at his disposal in his squads 

8 hours ago, gsa said:

Not that far. Their defence is only marginally better than ours. Brown is a shocking player who's only effective because referees in Scotland are reluctant to actually officiate him. Bitton will be off as soon as possible as will Sinclair and Dembelle. Rogic not as good as Niko and doesnt have the excuse of age for being so slow and unfit. Griffiths is SPL fodder. Both goalkeepers not as good as both of our goalkeepers. 

Love your optimism mate but they players would all get a game right now for us

48 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

They're not years ahead of us they're a good transfer window ahead of us. They recruited well in the summer we didn't. Last April we played them off the park and they were lucky to get to penaltys. We've played them twice since and they've hammered us twice. The two teams must only have had a handful of new signings each starting the last two games but i know whose I'd rather were playing for us. Like others have said only good investment will see us catch them.

We didnt play them off the park last april, we kept the ball and couldnt get near there goal, from millers finish to mckays screamer we didnt have one single shot on goal, not one, they should have beat us that day

Years behind is nonsense talk, made up by tarriers to make them sound superior and been sucked up by the weak amongst us.

We are behind, no doubt about it but measuring in years is bullshit.

What we lack imo is a manager with the tactical nous to win games when the chips are down.

His subs on sunday only help me come to this conclusion.

He takes off Kenny when he is having a decent game, albeit isolated up top and having to drop off to get a touch if the ball and help out.

But he has the big game experience our team needed out there.

He takes off Windass, who despite a terrible first half, was growing into the game and as the game became stretched was seeing more of the ball and more space to run into which he thrives on.

He puts on a misfiring Garner who completely fluffs a chance not to dis-similar to the one Kenny scored his peach of a volley last week.

He puts on Waggy who, although tried to get involved, looks struggling at the moment.

That pushed Tav inside where he totally fell out the game, he doesn't have the "pitch geography" to play central, a thing Mark Warburton talks about a lot.

They bring on Armstrong and suddenly they are finding space all over the middle of the park and our exhausted midfield couldn't cope, maybe the "loading" wasn't right or maybe having no fit and ready midfielder on the bench cost us (i don't think Crooks is anywhere near ready)

Then they have the thumb come on, he peels away from Wallace and there's your goal that made the difference.

This is just my take, i might be wrong but it's how i seen it.