Warburton Post Match Presser

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I agree with myself. 

A win is unlikely due to poor tactics, lack of passion, shit ref and 11 men behind the ball bs.

A win these days feel more like luck than anything. 

If it doesn't pick up next game then I'm gonna start chanting 442 at the manager :lol:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

:lol: 

Garner would benefit from that system, and likely so would Waghorn. 

Most of our players would tbh, I think out of the 11 brought in just this season 9 were being used in 442 systems at their old clubs, if we id play 442 I'd probs play this tbh

Wes

Tav     Wilson         Hill     Hodson   

Dodoo     Holt       Halliday    Windass                

MOH         Garner

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Most of our players would tbh, I think out of the 11 brought in just this season 9 were being used in 442 systems at their old clubs, if we id play 442 I'd probs play this tbh

Wes

Tav     Kiernan         Hill     Hodson   

MOH         Garner

Fixed that for you :wink: On the topic of Kiernan, I've actually got some reassured faith in him these days. More than what I did a few weeks ago anyway. Hill really seems to be the crutch of the defence. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Fixed that for you :wink: On the topic of Kiernan, I've actually got some reassured faith in him these days. More than what I did a few weeks ago anyway. Hill really seems to be the crutch of the defence. 

I'm not sure, I trusted him before and he let me down, I've really started to like Wilson in that RCB spot next to Hill. It's been quite the turnaround for young Clint he is like a shit, slower, uglier version of Sir davie which I guess is why we signed him.

I only managed to watch the 2nd half. And boy, was it terrible to watch! In the first 10 mins of that same half, St Johnstone had like 10 shots. I still cannot believe how terribly poor we were last night. Not to mention it was Rangers vs much smaller team, at Ibrox. We made them look like world beaters, we couldnt keep the ball, every second pass was gifting the ball to them and every counter attack their had was dangerous. I actually think we were lucky to get the draw. The crowd reaction after the final whistle says it all really. 

6 hours ago, 55Bear said:

It has to be, surely!

Einstein's definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Surely he must now see things need to change.

That's not an Einstein quote.

Anyhow, MW is making some good team selection changes. Just using the same old tactics. Every manager in the division knows them and sets their team out accordingly. MW may as well claim a wage as the oppositions assistant manager.

18 minutes ago, demise said:

I only managed to watch the 2nd half. And boy, was it terrible to watch! In the first 10 mins of that same half, St Johnstone had like 10 shots. I still cannot believe how terribly poor we were last night. Not to mention it was Rangers vs much smaller team, at Ibrox. We made them look like world beaters, we couldnt keep the ball, every second pass was gifting the ball to them and every counter attack their had was dangerous. I actually think we were lucky to get the draw. The crowd reaction after the final whistle says it all really. 

Summed up perfectly,according to moh we dominated the second half! That's a catholic education for you

Cannot in all conscience attack the man personally. He is doing his best which, at this level, is not good enough.

In his defence, I know I keep saying this, Dave, tight arse,  King promised us the fans he would spend whatever was necessary to make us competitive fuckin LIAR.

He has spent two fifths of fuck all and he expects Warburton to compete.

DK and his little side kick are to blame for the dross we are being served up this season.

That's tough to watch. Warburton is a decent man, but as others have said looks out of his depth and even comes across as man suffering from depression. This is not good. It's like watching the last days of Ally McCoist again. If the Manager comes across as depressed rather than furious at a poor result one has to question how does that impact on the players. For me it looks as if once a again we have a dark cloud of depression beginning to drift back over Ibrox.

Now is the time for a decisive Chairman and a strong board. They should either back him or remove him immediately. By back him I mean, publicly and privately offer him every support and make significant funds available in January.. if they don't feel that is wise, then by letting him stay they are doing no one any favours- least of all Warburton. It's time for action this day. 

40 minutes ago, thehost said:

I think someone should be pointing out to him, and the board, that we are The Rangers. We don't do second and we certainly don't do 5th.

The whole lot of them are out of their depth.

(tu)

The club and expectations are way too big for the vast majority.

39 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

Cannot in all conscience attack the man personally. He is doing his best which, at this level, is not good enough.

In his defence, I know I keep saying this, Dave, tight arse,  King promised us the fans he would spend whatever was necessary to make us competitive fuckin LIAR.

He has spent two fifths of fuck all and he expects Warburton to compete.

DK and his little side kick are to blame for the dross we are being served up this season.

I hate King and Murray like a passion .

Most of the blame lies with MW for what's on the park .

Half the time ,we wouldn't know if teams were shite as he has us playing a game we can't even come to terms with ourselves .

We fart around the back ,as if we had all the time in the world .Before you know it . 20mins have elapsed and we haven't even tested their defence or keeper .

The guys way of playing ,might be in theory very decent . He simply hasn't got the personnel  to make us like a "Barca style" if you like .

In fact ,it's embarrassing watching us be so predictable at times

How many times ,do we actually beat ourselves  ,with gifts like last night . It happens so  often .

This guy hasnt come to terms with the size of the job he has got he is quite happy to get a draw in most games this tippy tappy football is pure shite some poster after the scum game was saying they went from their box to ours in about a dozen passes we take about 25 to there box is it a fitness issue his methods are dated everyone knows how we are going to set up.

5 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Wes

Tav     Wilson         Hill     Hodson   

MOH         Garner

Holt and Halliday are not strong enough for us in midfield, getting bullied every game. 

40 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Holt and Halliday are not strong enough for us in midfield, getting bullied every game. 

I like both of them but i have to agree with this.

I think the major issue is that midfield.

We don't shift the ball quick enough, we are slow and laboured and way way too predictable.

If we can't beat teams with skill and flair then the next best thing is to grind out wins, to grind out wins you need a strong hard midfield who will win everything and offer protection to the back 4.

He tried new players last night but it didn't work, the players are failing him but what's failing him even more is his system of playing the game.

If he doesn't change that, he's off, and i like the man as he is a thoroughly respectable person.

7 hours ago, gsa said:

We absolutely have to stay with him. If he's not going to be good enough he will eventually be removed. 

What we cannot do is turn on the man personally. He's clearly doing his very best. He's a gentleman. He respects us and respects our club.  He deserves the same back. 

Magnificent post...

Except from the first part :P

I doubt that shower of ##_--__ in the boardroom would do the right thing, getting rid of Warburton means spending cash.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I hate King and Murray like a passion .

Most of the blame lies with MW for what's on the park .

Half the time ,we wouldn't know if teams were shite as he has us playing a game we can't even come to terms with ourselves .

We fart around the back ,as if we had all the time in the world .Before you know it . 20mins have elapsed and we haven't even tested their defence or keeper .

The guys way of playing ,might be in theory very decent . He simply hasn't got the personnel  to make us like a "Barca style" if you like .

In fact ,it's embarrassing watching us be so predictable at times

How many times ,do we actually beat ourselves  ,with gifts like last night . It happens so  often .

Could feel the crowd getting restless last night with the going nowhere passing game. Keeper to defence to midfield to forwards (sometimes) to midfield to defence to keeper and start all over again. We get about 20/30 yards from the opposition goal then turn back again. Possession doesn't win games. Goals do 

9 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Looks lost and defeated, it's time he slaughters the players publicly, they don't seem up for it at all. 

I think something has happened that we don't know about, something that has disturbed the dressing room. 

Miller looks severely fucked off recently 

Since the Summer, soon as we came back for the first game you don’t see any unity in the team

It does look a lot like noses have been put out of joint 

"Some Might Say We Gained A Point” what a thing to bring up about a home game