***The Official Rangers v Dundee Match Thread***

15 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

Yeah! I kind of fucked up there - I have followed Rangers since I was 10 years old, and what I am seeing right now, isn't the Famous Glasgow Rangers I once knew - the supporters are still there, but our team isn't.
I will always support Rangers, but we have a long way to go and some times I just think back to those good old days- and not the days we are going through right now-  I went to every game during the John Greig era, when crowds were around 15,000 and you could pay at the gate.
I never gave up on my club or my team then, and I never will............
Of course I am hoping for better days for our club - and I apologize for what I wrote before. ( cider brain )
I was just so mad and so disappointed with the game today - but we did win and thank fuck for that !!!!

Am wae ye 200% mate, the support deserve the best and this falls woefully short, needs changing quickly!:sherlock:

19 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

Yeah! I kind of fucked up there - I have followed Rangers since I was 10 years old, and what I am seeing right now, isn't the Famous Glasgow Rangers I once knew - the supporters are still there, but our team isn't.
I will always support Rangers, but we have a long way to go and some times I just think back to those good old days- and not the days we are going through right now-  I went to every game during the John Greig era, when crowds were around 15,000 and you could pay at the gate.
Of course I am hoping for better days for our club - and I apologize for what I wrote before. ( cider brain )
I was just so mad and so disappointed with the game today - but we did win and thank fuck for that !!!!

I understand where you are coming from mate I remember those days as well and not fondly either.

Better days will come I know that for sure and when 55 finally arrives it will put the nightmare behind us,Rangers is in our hearts and always has been through the bad days in the eighties too the good days of the nineties and the terrible last few years the only constant is we never gave up on our only true love.

4 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

Unfortunately I think that's what we're going to have to accept this season. We shouldn't have to, but Warburton is going nowhere (this season) so I think we just have to hope we can grind out enough results to finish second and then maybe things will be re-evaluated in the summer. 

This season was always going to be hard. The idea that we would be good enough to win the title, while its a pleasant one, is entirely fanciful.  is Warburton he man to get us into Europe and the title? I believe he is but we need proper investment in the 1st and the youth sides.   

6 hours ago, Blue Viking said:

Fuck sake we won, we all know what's happening! it's hard for any bear to watch what's going on right now, but savour a victory and stop fucking whingeing!

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

It was GaryWilmotsWeddingReadyBrek, or whatever he is called. His actual comment was some shit like 'Warburton is the managerial equivalent of AIDS'. Dodgy comment for many reasons.

He's killing our fucking squad and season. Not exactly hard to figure out the metaphor, is it?

We were shite again yesterday. I don't have a problem with us winning matches with a last minute goal, particularly if we're playing badly, it's the sign of a great team. Great teams though win week in and week out. Unfortunately the evidence so far this season is that we're not a great side, we scrape wins and have dropped points in more games than we've won. We're over a third of the way through the season and we're still behind Aberdeen, and it's all because we gift chances (almost have a goal away again yesterday with comedy defending) and can't score goals. Warburton is entirely responsible for this team, their tactics and their flaws. He's useless and will never challenge for a title. The sooner he's gone the better. 

21 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

He's killing our fucking squad and season. Not exactly hard to figure out the metaphor, is it?

We were shite again yesterday. I don't have a problem with us winning matches with a last minute goal, particularly if we're playing badly, it's the sign of a great team. Great teams though win week in and week out. Unfortunately the evidence so far this season is that we're not a great side, we scrape wins and have dropped points in more games than we've won. We're over a third of the way through the season and we're still behind Aberdeen, and it's all because we gift chances (almost have a goal away again yesterday with comedy defending) and can't score goals. Warburton is entirely responsible for this team, their tactics and their flaws. He's useless and will never challenge for a title. The sooner he's gone the better. 

The sooner you're gone the better. 

You're stuck on the same record every time you post. It's tiresome, wearing, and above all, very taig like. 

17 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

The sooner you're gone the better. 

You're stuck on the same record every time you post. It's tiresome, wearing, and above all, very taig like. 

Point out where I'm wrong then? One could say deflecting the main points of a discussion is 'taig like' as you say. Using your deranged logic that would actually make you more likely than me to be a Celtic fan. :lol:

1 minute ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Point out where I'm wrong then? One could say deflecting the main points of a discussion is 'taig like' as you say. Using your deranged logic that would actually make you more likely than me to be a Celtic fan. :lol:

I disagree with you,however I'm not up to arguing with you about it.

Going on about how bad our manager is, does get draining mate, that's all, not wanting to fall out with you over it. We probably agree on more things, Rangers related, than we disagree, ok?

10 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I'm fucking steaming and have been drinking since the end of the game and have just got home. Glad we got the win but ffs we were absolutely god awful fling foward. Sick of having no imagination 

Its our forwards coming back to get the ball instead of being in the bloody box that is getting on my shit. Leave Garner in the box he will score instead of chasing into the box to get the ball after passing with the midfield.

I get the impression at times that the manager can't decide whether to twist or stick. There is definitely a missing ingredient in our side. There is indeed a quality issue, but whilst we may need some better quality, we also need some with character.

The system isn't bad and is being moulded as our style. I won't condemn that, but we do need to vary it to suit particular circumstances. Many of our players are young and raw, coming from the lower reaches, but can they be shaped into what the manager wants them to be? I just don't know yet. Have we given them long enough? Again I don't know. I do doubt that they all can make the step up, but one of the problems I see is that we lack character. We've had Souness, Gough, Butcher, Amo, Albertz, Wilkins, McCall, Fergusson, and the list goes on. We had Gazza, who could put the fear of death into the opposition with his ability. What these guys have rubs off and can inspire the less experienced around them and give them belief and the confidence. These are guys who can take the game by the scruff of the neck when the chips are down.

We just don't posses any of these. We are not in a position to buy such quality, but we are in a position to bring in those with lesser ability, but who have the character and the experience, who are vocal, able to motivate and intimidate. We need a younger mobile type of central defender who can impose and dominate. A midfield general who can break up the play and create and striker who can actually strike for a living and dominate and bully in the box.

it's all getting back to the basics. The spine of the team, that same old story again. I'm not saying they grow on trees, but they are out there. 

The team do look niave at times and crying out for leaders and some hard core as some of the older seasoned professionals stick it to them as we try to play the pretty stuff.

So all in all we need balance in the team. We don't posses it at the minute. Too lightweight.

We need to strengthen the spine to give us that balance and we could be the force to be reckoned with. In one way we are not far away, but in another miles off it. I doubt the January window will give us much opportunity, so it will be next summer to bring in the type we need.

Disappointing to be honest and patience is not a virtue that most posses, but that's what it will have to be.

5 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

You are an obsessed bore. We are only one point behind Aberdeen in second place.

Probably raging inside that we won yesterday because it doesn't feed you ammo for your never ending rant. 

I'd much rather see you gone than MW. At least he knows how to conduct himself in public.

33 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

You are an obsessed bore. We are only one point behind Aberdeen in second place.

Probably raging inside that we won yesterday because it doesn't feed you ammo for your never ending rant. 

I'd much rather see you gone than MW. At least he knows how to conduct himself in public.

This forum and all social media outlets are about opinions which is fair enough.Some though are not expressing opinions they are running their own agendas.Some and it's obvious to see have nothing but dislike for what it seems is everything to do with the club.From the board,to the manager to certain players being called everything under the sun by so called " supporters" on a daily basis regardless of how that individual plays.If you want to express your opinion like GWWB there's not much can be done but him and several others go over and over the same old pish.This is not expressing opinions this is running their own spiteful agendas against everything to do with the great old club,something I find bizarre to say the least from so called " Rangers supporters".

Hate teams like that yesterday going away from Ibrox with any points , best thing for them is a last minute goal to fuckin sicken them.

We were crap though and Forrester saved the managers arse big time , because he would have been slaughtered if that had ended a draw.

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

This forum and all social media outlets are about opinions which is fair enough.Some though are not expressing opinions they are running their own agendas.Some and it's obvious to see have nothing but dislike for what it seems is everything to do with the club.From the board,to the manager to certain players being called everything under the sun by so called " supporters" on a daily basis regardless of how that individual plays.If you want to express your opinion like GWWB there's not much can be done but him and several others go over and over the same old pish.This is not expressing opinions this is running their own spiteful agendas against everything to do with the great old club,something I find bizarre to say the least from so called " Rangers supporters".

Well, language like " MW is a fraud" and "is giving our Club aids" and regular topics designed to berate the manager points to an unhealthy obsession. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. No need to spend every waking hour berating a manager a third of the way into the season though. 

I think the board will give MW this season to get us into Europe. He deserves that opportunity imo. 

9 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Well, language like " MW is a fraud" and "is giving our Club aids" and regular topics designed to berate the manager points to an unhealthy obsession. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. No need to spend every waking hour berating a manager a third of the way into the season though. 

I think the board will give MW this season to get us into Europe. He deserves that opportunity imo. 

I'm not sure if the guy is all there, honesty some of the shit he posts on here is crazy, and that's me saying that?

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Totally agree mate but he is not alone on here. Some were just waiting to have a go at the manager and players from the first game till now.Yes we can all be critical of things at times,the manager,tactics,players but some go on and on and on. They not only express their opinion but go over the same pish on a daily basis.Some mates I go to the matches with and one or two guys who sit round about us used to be on here but they left as just about every one of them said they were fed up with the pish that gets posted on here by so called supporters.I can fully understand why.

7 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

You're a fucking disgrace.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Well, language like " MW" "is giving our Club aids" 

Well that's just bullshit, I've never said that so stop talking shit. I've not said anything about Warburton that is even close to worse than what has been said on here and FF about Eck, PLG and Smith. I'd love nothing more than for Warburton to shove my words down my throat, but he won't. He just doesn't get what is required of being in charge of a club like ours.

I want to see Rangers winning leagues again, and I don't think that'll happen with Warburton in charge, that's why I'm so critical.