It's not the formation

RDFM

A lot of people slating the 4-3-3 and yes it's not the formation that we should be playing in at present but it's not why we're so shite. MW can't implement or use it properly and the players don't have the the brains or the ability to play in it. 

EDIT - I'll rephrase. The formation is a problem because of the reasons I listed but I think it happens to be a highly effective formation and it would be good for us to have this formation under a more capable manager and collection of players.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4-3-3 is a problem since we don't have the players to make it work.  If we had two capable wingers who could score and create goals then it might have a chance.  We also need a proper CDM to break up opposition attacks and boss that midfield.  We don't currently have those players and will struggle until we do.

21 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The 4-3-3 is a problem since we don't have the players to make it work.  If we had two capable wingers who could score and create goals then it might have a chance.  We also need a proper CDM to break up opposition attacks and boss that midfield.  We don't currently have those players and will struggle until we do.

Said it myself! No natural wingers and no fit DM. Why the fuck are we playing 433!

Play something that gives 2 up front and utilises FBs. 352 or 442.

We have been really unlucky midfield wise especially with the summer signings

Barton enough said

kranjar injured just when getting his fitness up

crooks injured

windass injured on and off

Rossiter injured

thats left Halliday and Holt who was also injured at the start of the season.  I actually feel sorry for Warburton, how are you suppose to build a team when most of his midfield aren't available. i thought we lacked numbers on the midfield last year, and this summer Warburton addressed this with 5 new additions, not 1 has been a success.  

we are really struggling in the midfield area, mostly due to bad luck, probably won't improve until we get crooks Rossiter, Windass injury free and a run of games to find form.  We might get a replacement for Barton. 

If we sort out the midfield, it might give a platform for the front three to play, at the moment they are fucking abysmal.  Look at our options, we have two for each position yet apart from Miller who we know is willing but best days are behind him the rest have looked slow, indecisive , disinterested, lack of movement, can't beat their opposite number , so on.

I don't think it is the formation, I haven't got a problem with the tactics of the team if implemented right. My biggest problem even though we have been unlucky with injuries and the Barton fall out, Warburton can't seem to get the best out of his players anymore, and when that happens the manager has to go.

48 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

A lot of people slating the 4-3-3 and yes it's not the formation that we should be playing in at present but it's not why we're so shite. MW can't implement or use it properly and the players don't have the the brains or the ability to play in it. 

EDIT - I'll rephrase. The formation is a problem because of the reasons I listed but I think it happens to be a highly effective formation and it would be good for us to have this formation under a more capable manager and collection of players.

And the Managers Job is ?

Set out a style of play, set out a formation and populate it with players you know who can do the job asked of them.

And imho he's failed in at least two of these if not all three so far.

It sounded good because it made me think of those good expansive Dutch sides of the past but I was only kidding myself getting taken in by it with a squad like this mob. Give me a 352 or 442 any day over this garbage. Unless we end up with the likes of Donald Trump as our owner I don't want to ever hear of Rangers setting up in this way again.

I belief I could thread a ball through our midfield and defence and I've not played for 15 years and was never good. 

14 minutes ago, broxi51 said:

We have been really unlucky midfield wise especially with the summer signings

Barton enough said

kranjar injured just when getting his fitness up

crooks injured

windass injured on and off

Rossiter injured

thats left Halliday and Holt who was also injured at the start of the season.  I actually feel sorry for Warburton, how are you suppose to build a team when most of his midfield aren't available. i thought we lacked numbers on the midfield last year, and this summer Warburton addressed this with 5 new additions, not 1 has been a success.  

we are really struggling in the midfield area, mostly due to bad luck, probably won't improve until we get crooks Rossiter, Windass injury free and a run of games to find form.  We might get a replacement for Barton. 

If we sort out the midfield, it might give a platform for the front three to play, at the moment they are fucking abysmal.  Look at our options, we have two for each position yet apart from Miller who we know is willing but best days are behind him the rest have looked slow, indecisive , disinterested, lack of movement, can't beat their opposite number , so on.

I don't think it is the formation, I haven't got a problem with the tactics of the team if implemented right. My biggest problem even though we have been unlucky with injuries and the Barton fall out, Warburton can't seem to get the best out of his players anymore, and when that happens the manager has to go.

Is that bad luck, signing 4 crocks and joey Barton? 

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

Is that bad luck, signing 4 crocks and joey Barton? 

Come on, we were really chuffed to get Rossiter, and the Accrington boys.  we can't judge them until their 100 match fit.

they were a few grumbles about Kranjar fitness which proved to be true at the start but he was getting fitter ever game, and his quality was still evident 

the Barton signing was mixed, a lot excited, a minority loathed him, the minority was right in his case.  Out of the 5 signings, only Barton can be deemed a failure. If we got the Barton of last season, who knows, it seems like he couldn't be arsed getting himself fit for the start of the season, was only interested in his book, and the European  Championships.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Here in lies the problem:

Rangers midfield has now gone 404 minutes without setting up a goal from open play.

Furthermore, it's 680 minutes since a Rangers midfielder scored from open play.

stolen from the brilliant  analysis guy on twitter..

Bottom 'fact' depends on what position you count Forrester.

2 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

If the "players don't have the brains" to use it then it's not the right system

2 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

said it for long enough mate every player in the midfield and forward area of the team/squad ain't good enough

last night we had

Miller dodoo Forrester holt Halliday crooks

If we replace with 6 pre admin players

Davis Edu Thomson Miller jelavic Naismith

looking at the first list of 6 players its a wonder how any formation works..

Put the 2nd list of 6 in our starting 11 last night and we'd win comfortably and probably still be in the title race

We definatley need to change the 433 I've seen a lot of good suggestions and players to play but I would just like to see garner and dodoo upfront with something sitting in behind them. I think McKay could actually fill that role for me he's not a winger, the few times I've seen him playing the no.10 he's looked comfortable and been at his most effective in my opinion. I know he's not hitting the heights just now but you can't deny he has something and he can play some cracking through balls and lay offs and can drive up the park 

3 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Well we're fucked then, as we won't be getting a new manager or new players as we are in austerity, to keep king in the lifestyle he is accustomed to.

10 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

The system has to change or we havit to change managebritainn

The place we loss most goals at IS the back post especially the right hand side ascTav has to be the best spectator IN Britain, he watched the ball twice coming towards him and left IT v Partick although not on the right he stood and watchex the ball again.