The Centre halves are fucking awful!

keithgersbear

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Kiernan is awful, but Wallace going walkabout seems to be missed regularly. 

The amount of goals / chances that come from crosses in from the left of ridiculous. 

Wallace is a pure legend though cos he stayed with us when we went down and ignored all the other clubs that weren't interested in him.

Kiernan must have been a relatively recent convert to central defence - not sure they are mistakes as such when he clearly doesn't know what to do at any given moment. Doesn't know where to stand, when to close down, can't tackle or challenge in any way. Just abysmal - MW is more culpable for picking him.

I can't even think of a single thing Kiernan does well. He has no composure, no pace, shite in the air, shite in possession, can't pass, constantly giving away soft free kicks, no leadership qualities and has a rubber mattress for a spine. Yet he's one of the first names on the team sheet along with Halliday and Tav, the mind truly boggles.

One of the worst defences we have ever had and a few seasons ago we had a back four of Foster, McCulloch, Mohsni and Smith.

Our best defenders are Hill and Wilson and one is 37 and slower than a carthorse and the other is distinctly average at best. Depressing times.

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Kiernan is awful, but Wallace going walkabout seems to be missed regularly. 

The amount of goals / chances that come from crosses in from the left of ridiculous. 

Wallace's positional sense in the last few games has been awful.

I actually feel sorry for Kiernan at times. He's clearly a player with zero confidence and his manager continues to start him every game.

He done the same with McKay only McKay was playing in a position where he could go into hiding. Kiernan doesn't have that luxury. He's like a lamb to slaughter every week. 

I think it may be time to consider putting Senderos beside Hill, I agree both are a bit on the 'mature' side, but it might just steady the ship for a while.

Senderos's game a Parkhead was a nightmare for him however that was back in September when he was not fit and his timing, to say the least, was suspect. He now has had 4-5 months training since then so hopefully his stamina and all round fitness will have improved to a level where he could hold his own on the park.

No, it's not an ideal situation but with Kiernan's confidence looking as fragile as it does, and with Wilson obviously still injured and not being even  able to make the bench last night,  it may be one of the few options we have to try and steady the defence.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hitler died then came back as Donald Trump,allegedly. 

Exactly how many threads do we need to be told our defence is shite.......the fact it was shite last season and remains shite this season leaves the board and management culpable.....but do we need to read about it every week.

2 hours ago, rbt1548 said:

I think it may be time to consider putting Senderos beside Hill, I agree both are a bit on the 'mature' side, but it might just steady the ship for a while.

Senderos's game a Parkhead was a nightmare for him however that was back in September when he was not fit and his timing, to say the least, was suspect. He now has had 4-5 months training since then so hopefully his stamina and all round fitness will have improved to a level where he could hold his own on the park.

No, it's not an ideal situation but with Kiernan's confidence looking as fragile as it does, and with Wilson obviously still injured and not being even  able to make the bench last night,  it may be one of the few options we have to try and steady the defence.

Why does Hill get an easy ride ? He is a dreadful  defender too. His legs have gone he gives away foul after foul lacks height and presence required and can't pass !  I agree about Kiernan he's i a liability !  And I also agree about Senderos   He can't be worse than those two! He has at least got a decent pedigree and  over60 caps    Wilson is by a mile our best defender but can't seem to stay fit  we really need to get shot of them all and bring in 3/4 central defenders