Blackandra

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

Everyone says he's shite but he's miles ahead of Rob Kiernan. 

See in fairness, Kiernan isn't too bad technically, what he lacks so utterly is the concentration levels to play CB at this level. I often think Kiernan has good games until he does something fucking idiotic to cost us a goal.

5 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Thought he played well today 

Yup.  Brought in from the cold with no game time for ages and didn't look out of place.  He is what he is - an experienced professional footballer,  just a tad old.

Just now, philiprfc said:

See in fairness, Kiernan isn't too bad technically, what he lacks so utterly is the concentration levels to play CB at this level. I often think Kiernan has good games until he does something fucking idiotic to cost us a goal.

I often think he'd be better as a holding midfielder, hes decent with the ball at his feet at times but an absolute bomb scare at set pieces and like u say lacks the concentration levels needed in games. 

1 minute ago, onefootwillie said:

Did ok today but will need a run of games to see if he is any good . I have my doubts . With him and Hill as the CBs I would worry against an attack with pace 

Wilson and Weir played together at the back and did well with zero pace good positioning can make up for lack of pace especially at this level 

47 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Some huge clubs and still bottled it in the biggest game.

Wow, player gets called guy out in big game shocker.

The guy has played 3or4 games for us now. 

He was thrown in at the deep end in a desperate act by the gaffer m it back fired.

guy is still a better option that kiernan.

Thought he played well but at the time I my first thought was he wouldnt have conceded that goal if Kiernan was playing :lol: 

I've been calling for Kiernan's head as much as anybody but the reason we conceded was both Senderos and Hill attacked the ball which left space. If you watch Kiernan and Hill or even Kiernan and Wilson, one attacks and sits. I put this down to lack of playing time beside each other.

That being said, we might have not conceded that time but Kiernan would have probably caused a goal at another situation :lol: 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Wow, player gets called guy out in big game shocker.

The guy has played 3or4 games for us now. 

He was thrown in at the deep end in a desperate act by the gaffer m it back fired.

guy is still a better option that kiernan.

Still prefer both of them were released.

Far better than both Kiernan and Hill who gets an easy time of it on here and is a dreadful defender who sold the jerseys today trying to play offside at their goal and then almost gifted another soon after I would say Senderos and Wilson are our best pairing !