Frank de Boer

BridgeIsBlue

Frank De Boer would be my first choice , he has excellent pedigree , been around Europe and will be in the know in Europe etc, would attract top players too but unfortunately I doubt we could afford him or his targets so if it did happen I would be delighted with this board.

8 minutes ago, Zulu said:

McInnes on telly saying how much he loves where he is hope he fukin stays there anyways nobodys even asked him yet

The football Aberdeen produce is dire and McIness has no particular style ... he'd be a nightmare selection, would be a step back. 

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Craig Levein, seems to be the only successful and experienced candidate in this DoF role.   

In Scotland? Yes but let's face it who else has tried it? 

Anyway Fuck Levein , grade a bitter wanker

6 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Craig Levein, seems to be the only successful and experienced candidate in this DoF role.   

I hope you mean in Scotland, because there are hundreds throughout Europe. The only reason he is the only one in this country is because no-one else has progressed enough to implement it

7 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I hope you mean in Scotland, because there are hundreds throughout Europe. The only reason he is the only one in this country is because no-one else has progressed enough to implement it

Yes, I meant in Scotland. Doesn't seem to be doing too bad a job at the moment. If we were to negate past history between us and him, then he would be a decent shout.

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Yes, I meant in Scotland. Doesn't seem to be doing too bad a job at the moment. If we were to negate past history between us and him, then he would be a decent shout.

Nah I would aim far higher than him, like previously said Ross Wilson level. 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Why do people think we've no chance of getting Frank De Boer? ... I heard the same said about Advocaat nearly 20 years ago, Le Guen and even Smith coming back a second time 10 years ago. Before anyone says it I know it was different times and we weren't as skint but even still. 

I'm not saying he will defo be the new manager in the summer but don't understand why folk are quick to dismiss it given he said the other night he might be interested in the summer. 

I had a conversation with a guy in work today about this very subject. It might be wishful thinking on my part, but considering what King said about a long term plan in place and having to put in place an interim manager in the meantime, it certainly fits with the FDB in the summer thing. The only doubts I have is cash. No cash, no FDB.

If King is willing to have a rummage down the back of the couch for FDB in the summer and big Eck takes over as DoF, then that makes perfect sense to me. Even if Murty stays in charge until the summer, I'd be happy with that also. Paul fucking Daniels couldn't turn around the squad we have, so we are basically relying on the players to man up for the rest of the season.

7 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

I had a conversation with a guy in work today about this very subject. It might be wishful thinking on my part, but considering what King said about a long term plan in place and having to put in place an interim manager in the meantime, it certainly fits with the FDB in the summer thing. The only doubts I have is cash. No cash, no FDB.

If King is willing to have a rummage down the back of the couch for FDB in the summer and big Eck takes over as DoF, then that makes perfect sense to me. Even if Murty stays in charge until the summer, I'd be happy with that also. Paul fucking Daniels couldn't turn around the squad we have, so we are basically relying on the players to man up for the rest of the season.

I think we need someone with greater pedigree than Murty to guarantee 2nd place - as the current crop of players are absolutely woeful. 

Thank god Warbs got Emerson Hyndman in - he's the ticket into the Europa League draw. 

1 minute ago, jamiebear said:

I think we need someone with greater pedigree than Murty to guarantee 2nd place - as the current crop of players are absolutely woeful. 

Thank god Warbs got Emerson Hyndman in - he's the ticket into the Europa League draw. 

What is Murty's pedigree though? He didn't exactly have many options against morton. He basically had to go with what he got. Let him put his own team together and see what happens. I think he at least deserves that opportunity.

From what I've seen of De Boer in management, does he not play a very similar formation/tactics to Warburton? 

While I understand that yes, he can get more of the players and will tactically be x10 the manager of Warburton, he's still going to have the majority of theach squad we have just now, who quite clearly don't suit that formation

5 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

What is Murty's pedigree though? He didn't exactly have many options against morton. He basically had to go with what he got. Let him put his own team together and see what happens. I think he at least deserves that opportunity.

Massive gamble mate 

There's two huge steps Rangers need to climb in the next 6 months if we're to seriously stop 10 in a row. 

1) Qualify for the Europa League draw. Now is not the time to experiment with an unknown and unfortunately I'm not convinced McLeish will accept a contract only until the summer. 

2) Navigate 3 qualification rounds and pray we get a lucky draw in the final knock-out round. Rangers need the group stage revenue but remember we have no co-efficient. We won't be seeded, we could potentially draw Spurs or Sevilla... 

If the board are going to chase FDB into the summer or someone else then we really need an interim manager that knows exactly what he's doing ... 

2 minutes ago, Lance1697 said:

From what I've seen of De Boer in management, does he not play a very similar formation/tactics to Warburton? 

While I understand that yes, he can get more of the players and will tactically be x10 the manager of Warburton, he's still going to have the majority of theach squad we have just now, who quite clearly don't suit that formation

Only 2 or 3 players will survive the first XI after the summer, regardless of who's in charge.

Wallace, McKay and... 

Just now, jamiebear said:

Only 2 or 3 players will survive the first XI after the summer, regardless of who's in charge.

Wallace, McKay and... 

Forderingham? Unless Alnwick is a hidden gem lol

In a perfect world only 2 or 3 players would survive in the first 11....but let's be honest, we're not going to be able to sign 8/9 players to replace them, not in 1 transfer window anyway

Of the squad of 24 we have just now, at least 15 will be here next season, be shocked if it's any less