Frank de Boer

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

:lol:

De Boer: "so dave, how much can i spend?"

Crooked: "well. £18m of the £30m has been invested so far. but not in players. So there's £12m left. but you cannot spend that on players. That £12m is reserved for investment"

De Boer: "ok. so perhaps I will be able to sign some promising youth prospects from holland as part of investing in the club's future. is that what you mean by investment"

Crooked: "no"

*silence*

"but you can have clint hill for another year."

De Boer: "I will need a scouting network. can you assure me there will be sufficient funds available to implement one?"

Potless Paul: "we tried that. but mcparland ass fucked us even though we gave him free reign to implement such a structure. because we are aimless and absolutely clueless, there didnt seem to be any kind of questions raised or performance review until the board meeting some 18 odd months after he actually started here, so it now seems there is no network and there is no fucking structure, and we are cunts. hindsight, frank, hindsight!"

Crooked: "look, everyone knows we dont have two fucking bob between us. Do you want the gig or not mate? We need to sell some season tickets and ensure our re-appointment in the boardroom in december, whilst actually delivering absolutely fuck all but mediocrity because we are lying bastards, although we still have a strong FF following and i'm pretty sure I have enough credit in the 'bank' (lol get it? its a joke because i dont even have a bank account) to ensure another safe 12 months of arse licking from those lads. good lads they are. fucking boycotts and all sorts".

De Boer: "is that a no then"

Crooked: "it's a no, Frank. you can have no money at all."

De Boer: ":belm:"

mate to get him we will need to back him obviously so as people say its time for this board to step up or fuck off time will tell.

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

Crooked: "well. £18m of the £30m has been invested so far. but not in players. So there's £12m left. but you cannot spend that on players. That £12m is reserved for investment"

De Boer: "ok. so perhaps I will be able to sign some promising youth prospects from holland as part of investing in the club's future. is that what you mean by investment"

*silence*

De Boer: "I will need a scouting network. can you assure me there will be sufficient funds available to implement one?"

Potless Paul: "we tried that. but mcparland ass fucked us even though we gave him free reign to implement such a structure. because we are aimless and absolutely clueless, there didnt seem to be any kind of questions raised or performance review until the board meeting some 18 odd months after he actually started here, so it now seems there is no network and there is no fucking structure, and we are cunts. hindsight, frank, hindsight!"

Crooked: "look, everyone knows we dont have two fucking bob between us. Do you want the gig or not mate? We need to sell some season tickets and ensure our re-appointment in the boardroom in december, whilst actually delivering absolutely fuck all but mediocrity because we are lying bastards, although we still have a strong FF following and i'm pretty sure I have enough credit in the 'bank' (lol get it? its a joke because i dont even have a bank account) to ensure another safe 12 months of arse licking from those lads. good lads they are. fucking boycotts and all sorts".

also canny believe you spent time typing that up ya sad cunt

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

*silence*

Quit the creative writing night class and stick to the day job mate :lol:

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

You will be on suicide watch if we don't get De Boer :lol: (we wont btw)

Agreed. We won't, not a chance.  Watch how his few month break comes to an end the first decent Premiership job comes up.  

No disrespect to the guy.  He will not want to follow inter up with risk of failure so taking us on, current position and financial situation isn't likely imo.

Love to be proven wrong  

Why do people think we've no chance of getting Frank De Boer? ... I heard the same said about Advocaat nearly 20 years ago, Le Guen and even Smith coming back a second time 10 years ago. Before anyone says it I know it was different times and we weren't as skint but even still. 

I'm not saying he will defo be the new manager in the summer but don't understand why folk are quick to dismiss it given he said the other night he might be interested in the summer. 

I ridiculed people last week for thinking de Boer would even be remotely interested but after hearing his and Ronald's comments over the past few days even I'm starting to think you never know.

I know they could just be saying this to be polite and still think its extremely unlikely but stranger things have happened.

The board know the name they bring in must shift season tickets so I think that rules a lot of the other names being floated about out.

52 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why do people think we've no chance of getting Frank De Boer? ... I heard the same said about Advocaat nearly 20 years ago, Le Guen and even Smith coming back a second time 10 years ago. Before anyone says it I know it was different times and we weren't as skint but even still. 

I'm not saying he will defo be the new manager in the summer but don't understand why folk are quick to dismiss it given he said the other night he might be interested in the summer. 

Because he won't take a job that puts him up against the wall before a ball is kicked.  Successful managers get backed and backed to win- King will do nothing of the sort

52 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

I'd say the chances of us getting De Boer are just slightly less than Celtic getting Rodgers.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he was our next permanent manager at all tbh.

Celtic have a billionaire owner and potential champions league money. We have brass buttons 

3 hours ago, KWBear said:

*silence*

Do you often speak to yourself?

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

For me he would not get anything like the transfer budget he would want and for that reason will not take the job. Can't get passed that.  If not for that no other reasons.

Be delighted to be proven wrong  

Rowett has 100% ruled himself out... 

Looks like it's going to be Eck until the summer... 

And we're going to continue to pitch FdB leading into the summer... the back up must be Henning Berg, he's been successful in Eastern Europe and has a network to pull on for recruitment. 

Jokanovic was also a good shout in another thread... 

Board surprised us all with Warburton so maybe we will get FDB ...

One from left field - Jürgen Klinsmann... maybe Albertz can sweet talk him out of California :) 

Interestingly with FDB - would he really need a huge transfer kitty? The guy will attract most talented youngsters and anyone available on a free...