Warburton, Weir & McParland Statement

Guest Lloyd72

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's why the Barton stuff took so long. If we fucked it we could have lost out BIG time thanks to the wages players and coaches earn now. I'm sure the most I looked at getting for my settlement for constructive dismissal (once it was all pooled) around 2.5 times my salary. If the 1.2m figure Gerry McCulloch mentioned as compensation to sack the 3 of them was legit, and it sounds about right, then we could face a multi-million pound payout if they've fucked this.

1.2 million for the 3 of them given Warburton recently went to 12k a week alone and has 2 more years definitely sounds about right but again some folk shout it down cos he's a tarrier whilst ignoring the facts of the matter - It wouldn't have been cheap getting rid.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

But you've only heard one side of things right? You've not spoke to anyone aligned to MW DW or FM - or have you?

I'm always dubious of our board. But I'm not actually knocking them here. I just see apparent flaws in the statement which you have helped to fill in some blanks with.

For me:

Our management team seek to find a way out without compo and our board agree to this and keep them in situ short term

Our management team appear to have touted themselves with another club, which we are made aware of, but this doesn't bother us enough to remove them and still we keep them in situ.

Them then looking to have the no compo deal open ended outrages us and we then tell them to bolt, we're accepting their resignations from the Monday.

All the while nothing appears to have been firmed up in writing, and it's taking us days to sort out release contracts and media stuff.

Just bizarre.

I have tried to speak to the other side but it's not been easy. Davie Weir even follows me on twitter and I reached out directly with no response.

The touting themselves to another club isn't a big issue as it's what triggers the initial discussion about leaving without compensation.

I'm sure some will assume I'm just a board shill peddling the party-line but I make more money by being accurate than being friendly to the board.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

1.2 million for the 3 of them given Warburton recently went to 12k a week alone and has 2 more years definitely sounds about right but again some folk shout it down cos he's a tarrier whilst ignoring the facts of the matter - It wouldn't have been cheap getting rid.

So you could be looking at 2.5-3m if it goes to tribunal and they win. That's a dangerous road if you're not certain you're doing it right.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So you could be looking at 2.5-3m if it goes to tribunal and they win. That's a dangerous road if you're not certain you're doing it right.

Yup as I believe they "could" be paid in full (the 3 of them) for complete contract duration, costs, other costs for their time etc and maybe even lost revenue like bonuses, perks, win incentives. 

We done the right thing imo even if it's a bit sneaky. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Yup as I believe they "could" be paid in full (the 3 of them) from complete duration, costs, other costs for their time etc and maybe even lost revenue like bonuses, perks, win incentives. 

We done the right thing imo even if it's a bit sneaky. 

Plus damages which iirc are up to a years salary.

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Indeed but its all a little raw atm dont think I will make court they will get compo in the end IMO IF we have not got enough evidence  

And I believe they will get said compensation out of court.

Because I doubt the evidence will be there....

12 hours ago, Barbarrosa said:

Been saying for a while it's just a short term attempt at saving wages.

King is no doubt hoping that by the time compensation is due, then the season ticket renewal money will be in.

I wonder if we'll hear King tell us in the summer that we can't afford the shiny new modern robust set up, because we've had to pay MW etc.

Been thinking similar regarding King trying to put off or get out of paying money.

Or maybe someone has sent a forged resignation letter to the club

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wouldn't be overly surprised if there was some kind of 'without prejudice' payment.

Yeah I got something like this once. Had to commit to a confidentiality clause.

Payout of almost a year's salary after tax and I wrote my letter of reference which the company were obliged to provide if a prospective company enquired about me.

This was about a week before the ET.

They knew and I knew they were in the wrong. They didn't give a fuck initially and thought I'd just walk away quietly.

Time will tell if there's similarities here.....

16 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah I got something like this once. Had to commit to a confidentiality clause.

Payout of almost a year's salary after tax and I wrote my letter of reference which the company were obliged to provide if a prospective company enquired about me.

This was about a week before the ET.

They knew and I knew they were in the wrong. They didn't give a fuck initially and thought I'd just walk away quietly.

Time will tell if there's similarities here.....

I think if we confirm they are leaving comp free to the LMA they'll advise them to drop it. Clean break and they'll want a resolution.

There is a credible scenario where neither party are really to blame. 

Warburton and co realised the job was too big for them so with permission from the board seeked a way to allow a parting of ways with mutual benefit to both parties. 

They then get a job offer from Notts forest and instruct they're agent to move it forward. The agent then gives a verbal resignation on behalf of his clients and the board accept. The Notts forest offer is then removed. 

The board is stuck between a rock and a hard place as you can imagine the scribbles in our forum if it was found out that they allowed a manager to continue the season whilst accepting another job offer. 

Warburton and co are not happy as they have now handed in they're resignation and don't have guaranteed employment. I really don't think we should judge they're antics detrimentally either, they could of just insisted on seeing out their contract possibly even whilst doing they're garden.

It maybe is just one of them unfortunate situations that arise from time to time.  

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

That's why the Barton stuff took so long. If we fucked it we could have lost out BIG time thanks to the wages players and coaches earn now. I'm sure the most I looked at getting for my settlement for constructive dismissal (once it was all pooled) around 2.5 times my salary. If the 1.2m figure Gerry McCulloch mentioned as compensation to sack the 3 of them was legit, and it sounds about right, then we could face a multi-million pound payout if they've fucked this.

How many years ago was your case? 

18 hours ago, Beaujolais said:

Who is actually running the asylum?

I could not believe the media releases the Club  have issued. Even if they have evidence, there was no need to publicise it- in fact the manner in which they have gone about it could discredit any evidence they have. Who pays the court costs! Effectively it will be the fans. 

Board can't win, people call for transparency and when they are people criticise them for being to transparent. 

No evidence they have should be discredited by their statement if their statement is true. 

15 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Board can't win, people call for transparency and when they are people criticise them for being to transparent. 

No evidence they have should be discredited by their statement if their statement is true. 

I get your point, but there is transparency and there is professionalism.

The Board may welll have a good case, but to come out as they have with the statement discrediting MW and Co, is in danger of undermining the case they have and possibly leaving the Club wide open to an expensive damages claim- which bizarrely leaves less in the pot for new players and management. Any money put into the Club these days is in the form of loans or shares (which is effectively secured against the Clubs assets- well to a degree) so actually the real people who will pay is the support through ticket purchases.

Thie Club is still loss making, has a huge amount of loan debt, we cannot afford and stupid own goals.