*** The Official Dundee fc vs Rangers fc Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just now, The Ghost said:

Dundee have been fortunate with their goals and are not a good team. We have players capable of producing a bit of skill to break them down. A wee half time bet on the draw at 11/2 looks good to me. I'd be happy with that at this stage and we'll see who in the team has the stomach for a fight.

They have skelped us, nothing fortunate about them.  

3 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Not Murt's fault but we need to bring someone in even till end of the season . We can't go through a McDowall scenario again 

It is his fault by picking a useless lineup and tactics( or lack of tactics ), but totally agree we need a manager in now.

Just now, chris182 said:

Good point, Sir.

I've had this going round my head last few days. We could easily be back here in a few years ?

Yeah mate it's a huge risk and if we go with it and it pays off then I'll hold my hands up and give the board credit but I don't think we can afford to take the risk. We need a manager who has proven they can achieve success on a shite budget because I'm afraid that's all this board will be providing. Mental how 10 months ago everything was looking relatively rosy now we're back to a shambles of a situation.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

You fuck up. What fuckin coach sends him team to a tough away fixture playing 4-2-4? 

I said before the game started that formation was asking for trouble. 

He is a coach, surely some basic understanding of the game isn't asking too much?

Hardly a tough away fixture and no matter the formation these half hearted losers would not make it work.

4 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

King, Robertson, Dickson and the Board have played this cute.    They've effectively put the players on the sacrificial altar for the rest of the season to be castigated alongside Warburton by much of the Support, and along with it watching the season go down the plughole.    They'll continue to blame Warburton of course - and rightly - and no blame to Murty who is so out of his depth that it looks like a crime to have appointed him.    In fact, it just goes to show the absolute failing of the Board not to have acted far quicker to get a suitable interim manager in place.    Murty simply cannot deal with these sorts of situations.  He cannot.  It's not in his experience bank to do this.   And its ridiculous that King and the Board even asked him to.

The real blame from here on in lies entirely with King and the Board.   They let Warburton continue to fail without acting and are now presiding over the ritual humiliation of a caretaker manager who is nowhere near ready to be managing a SPFL side never mind manage Rangers.   They are presiding over a squad so lacking in confidence and leadership that they are in disarray and in retreat.  

Can you imagine turning up to the OF game in this shape?    Actually - yes.   I can see King, Robertson and the Board taking until after then to find their cherished DOF and head coach so that they are not exposed to what is likely to happen in that game.   They may be likely to let Murty and the team take all the flak that will be going.

Blame King for this shambles and blame the Board.   They are supposed to be the guardians.  They have failed.

A classic case of misdirection in action.  King and the other directors will hope the fans ire will be directed at Warburton, Weir and the players when the blame should be directed at the boardroom. Our board is the most shabolic in the country by some fucking distance and that reflects in the football side, which incidentally doesn't escape criticism.  King made a shit load of promises but he relies on there being no concrete evidence to contradict his claims of spending £18 million.

Since McCoist was put in place, have we unearthed or produced one decent player?  I'm struggling to think of one who we could have sold for millions to fund further aquisitions.

This is the result of king trying to save money by throwing an under 20's coach in til end of the season, instead of bringing in someone like Big Eck ( he might not be the ideal choice but he wouldnt stand by and put up with this gutless pish )

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We've a youth manager in, playing a team made up largely of free transfers and minimal fees. 

It all stems from the lack of investment from the top down. 

Cunts ripping into a guy who's never managed a top level game in his life, and is essentially doing the club a favour, are out of order. 

Jesus fuck. So why not play 3 central defenders? Why start with both Miller and garner nearly playing in the same position? Why play hangman where he is ineffectual?

theres overarching reasons for why we are struggling that the board are culpable for, but is it to much to ask to send out a formation that is harder to beat?

8 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Murty shouldn't be anywhere near the club but this is not down to him , this squad of shite is down to the three sleazy bastards who have just left.

Murty as a coach is very highly regarded at rangers and down south. He's not a rangers manager everyone agrees with that. Teams just not good enough