Gary Monk

Big Al 55

3 minutes ago, CRARFC said:

Really have to disagree with that, he's managedĀ in the premiership, championship and the europa league. He's more experienced than those two combinedĀ 

That doesn't mean that I still think he lacks the experience needed to be a manager at a club the size of ours.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

That doesn't mean that I still think he lacks the experience needed to be a manager at a club the size of ours.

No that's your opinion but he has a lot more experience than the two you mentioned and for a guy of his age aswellĀ 

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/02/16/leeds-united-boss-garry-monk-tackles-rangers-job-talk/326530/

Ā 

Asked about the Rangers link, Monk said in a press conference today:Ā "I don't comment on speculation.Ā 

ā€œI am fully focused on Leeds and this game this weekend."

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

He did well at swansea tooĀ 

To begin with before being sackedĀ after a run of 1 win in 11 games.

Don't get me wrong I actually think Monk isĀ a decent coach, I just don't think this isĀ the right time to be taking another gamble (I know all appointments are a gamble) on another relatively inexperienced manager.

We are crying out for a moreĀ experienced guy, especially if the incoming manager is going to be expected to go toe to toe with celtic on a fraction of their budget.

33 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

To begin with before being sackedĀ after a run of 1 win in 11 games.

Don't get me wrong I actually think Monk isĀ a decent coach, I just don't think this isĀ the right time to be taking another gamble (I know all appointments are a gamble) on another relatively inexperienced manager.

We are crying out for a moreĀ experienced guy, especially if the incoming manager is going to be expected to go toe to toe with celtic on a fraction of their budget.

That's what the Man U fans said after the Moyes experiment, then LouisĀ Van Gal was imo worse after the money they threw at him.

My Leeds supporting colleague, who is a bit 'ITK',Ā hadn't heard anything about it, but thinks Monk may beĀ a bit disappointed about not being backedĀ in the window.

Can't see him being any less 'disappointed' if he came to us, TBH, so I'd call it unlikely.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Just me who wouldn't want him then? :unsure:

He's doing well at Leeds butĀ we've already taken a chance on an inexperienced Championship manager who was doing well and it really didn't work.

This time around we need a tried and tested manager with a bit of experience and knowledge ofĀ what's expected at big clubs.

Plus Monk isĀ a smarmyĀ looking cuntĀ who always looks like he's overly chuffed with himself.

Completely agree. Same goes for Rowett. I think they're decent, particularly Monk, but they'd be similar appointments to Mark Warburton.

People whinged endlessly about Warburton's lack of a winning mentality, that he didn't understand the "win every game" attitude that Rangers have - what evidence is there that Monk has one?

Now it all makes sense re: Dubious Dave's assertion that Ā£18m of the Ā£30m has already been spent!Ā Perhaps the largest portion of the already-spent-Ā£18m has been laid out on a pre-contract agreement tying down a decentĀ manager! YES!Ā 

:belm:

Shite.Ā 

Ā 

Ā