***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

9 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I read somewhere they'd want 900 grand for him, no idea if that's true though.

If that's from a legit source (first I've heard about it) then Aberdeen would have resigned themselves to losing him (if an approach was made) and are just putting high numbers out there.

I reckon the 300k branded about for Pedro would secure McInnes from Aberdeen compensation wise. Just my opinion obv I've no inside info or know Mr Milne before anycunt starts. 

1. DR spins a yarn about it just being down to Rangers agreeing a compensation package

2. Guy decides not to come for whatever reason or is not even approached

3. He doesnt come to Ibrox so therefore we are automatically skint

Its 2+2= 5

The DR cant lose with this approach - if we do sign him the next thing will be we are wasting money we dont have. If we dont we couldnt afford it.

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Genuinely may as well just let her talk all the shite in the world mate, getting worse and worse:lol:

She's gotta be a troll either that or the most clueless football fan Ever.

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Also why has he been training the Al-Gharafa’s reserves, whilst the Al-Gharafa club look for a new manager? Don't the clubs hold on to the passports of there employees over there, did he plan to jump ship whilst taking a holiday to Portugal? I think Boydy was right something doesn't seem right with this.

who gives a shit and Boyd talks alot of nonsense.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

1. DR spins a yarn about it just being down to Rangers agreeing a compensation package

2. Guy decides not to come for whatever reason or is not even approached

3. He doesnt come to Ibrox so therefore we are automatically skint

Its 2+2= 5

The DR cant lose with this approach - if we do sign him the next thing will be we are wasting money we dont have. If we dont we couldnt afford it.

Some people blindly believe what they read whether there is a drop of truth in it or if it's a complete fabrication.

The bottom line is we won't know what's happening without having direct quotes and even then there will be lies (see Al-Gharafas statement on the manager having nothing to do with us)

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Some amount of Columbo's in this thread isn't there? :sherlock:

Rather than picking and choosing bits of different stories, mashing them all together and creating your own mad cap theory why not just wait and see how it plays out? :lol:

G058r.gif

Because we're impatient bastards :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Anyone that thinks Paul Mitchell is coming to work for us if off their tits. His standing in the game within his role is second to none. After successfully working with a team that is currently second place in the EPL, why the fuck would he join us where his pond is to fish for 500k-1.5million signings. Spurs could spend 40m on a player and if the bloke turned out to be a dud, it would just be a bad day at the office. 

I tend to agree, but he did come for an interview so surely some interest?

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If that's from a legit source (first I've heard about it) then Aberdeen would have resigned themselves to losing him (if an approach was made) and are just putting high numbers out there.

I reckon the 300k branded about for Pedro would secure McInnes from Aberdeen compensation wise. Just my opinion obv I've no inside info or know Mr Milne before anycunt starts. 

I can't remember exactly where I heard it but I think it might of been sportsound so either Jackson, Wilson or Spiers probably so most likely shite.

12 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

He's left Tottenham and already had an interview with us it's not ridiculous to think he might be coming here.

Mitchell handed in his resignation to the north London club last August after reportedly growing frustrated at the tight financial restrictions put in place by Daniel Levy.

??? aye very good! Good luck working with our board! 

Maybe he'll bring Vertonghen and Kane as well! 

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

From what I have read it has always been £900k and Pedro would pay £300k out his own pocket

1 minute ago, rangersmad86 said:

Mitchell handed in his resignation to the north London club last August after reportedly growing frustrated at the tight financial restrictions put in place by Daniel Levy.

??? aye very good! Good luck working with our board! 

Maybe he'll bring Vertonghen and Kane as well! 

our financial position has been whored around the press for quite some time, again why would he have an interview with us if money available was the only thing that mattered?

it could well be that the restrictions Levy put in place didn't make sense given the money they have i.e. The percentage of available funds was too low.

Fuck knows, I'm probably just hoping that he will come here as DoF as the other possibilities scare me :nailbiting:

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

From what I have read it has always been £900k and Pedro would pay £300k out husband own pocket

But my point is, if it's genuine and legitimate that 900k would get McInnes then the figure has came from Aberdeen somewhere along the line meaning they've accepted they'd lose him to us AND trying to over-compensate putting those types of figures out there (even behind the scenes) ... there's no way they could justify 900k for him. He's a manager who'll be on a relatively modest contract not a player - we could have bought their best player Hayes in the Jan window for around that. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

But my point is, if it's genuine and legitimate that 900k would get McInnes then the figure has came from Aberdeen somewhere along the line meaning they've accepted they'd lose him to us AND trying to over-compensate putting those types of figures out there (even behind the scenes) ... there's no way they could justify 900k for him. He's a manager who'll be on a relatively modest contract not a player - we could have bought their best player Hayes in the Jan window for around that. 

I'm talking about £900k for caixinha

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

our financial position has been whored around the press for quite some time, again why would he have an interview with us if money available was the only thing that mattered?

it could well be that the restrictions Levy put in place didn't make sense given the money they have i.e. The percentage of available funds was too low.

Fuck knows, I'm probably just hoping that he will come here as DoF as the other possibilities scare me :nailbiting:

I would argue that having the ability to spend money is a fairly fundamental in the role of a DOF. Maybe he didn't realise quite how dire our financial position is. 

13 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I can't remember exactly where I heard it but I think it might of been sportsound so either Jackson, Wilson or Spiers probably so most likely shite.

Milne did an interview with the BBC the other week.

I seen a clip of it on Facebook and spent most of the time laughing because he honestly said 'Derek' about 20 times in the 45 second clip and for some reason I found that hilarious. :lol: