***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Milne's probably looking at it from a business standpoint now.

If we gave them say £600,000 for McInnes they could probably go and get somebody who has done a decent job elsewhere in Scotland like Wright, Hartley or even Archibald for a fraction of that money and bank the rest.

Plus too he would rationalise it by saying they've done well out McInnes he's took them as far as he realistically can but he might have an eye on us getting stronger again knowing they might not sustain a second place fight in future so would be a good time to cash in and re-assess at their end 

all hypothetical of course 

21 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

If we appoint a manager before a DoF then wow

As much as I can't stand the shower there's not much they can do about it if the prospective new manager agrees terms before the dof.  

I think most European managers can work with a director of football without it being a double appointment.  Some clubs even appoint new head coaches to work with managers that they've never met.  I wouldn't read too much into this tbh.   All that matters with or without a DOF is transfer and wage budgets- that's if winning is the end game

Guest Lloyd72
7 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

possibly the most ridiculous post ever made on RM. I hope this was sarcasm. 

I'm taking the piss, someone else said the other day that the only source who will get it right is sky or BT because they sponsor the SPFL

51 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

According to the Sun Aberdeen saying they'd discuss any Rangers approach with McInnes.

No need to worry Rangers wont be coming for him they want someone who can beat the beadrattlers.

49 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Where the DoF sits in the structure depends greatly on what they're responsible for. 

If the role is simply to do with recruitment and negotiation then they should be level with the manager, just dealing with different things.

That's how I'd see it.

Some people seem to think we'll be appointing a DoF who will then appoint a manager to work for him.

My understanding is that the manager would take control of the team for games and training etc and the DoF would be responsible for recruitment. Working alongside each other.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

What's Pedros head to head record against them ?

Obviously you can't draw direct comparisons between them but McInnes isn't exactly skelping them is he?

McInnes has managed against them 25 times, won 5 and lost 20. It's hardly anything to get excited about.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derek-mcinnes/bilanz/trainer/5526

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Obviously you can't draw direct comparisons between them but McInnes isn't exactly skelping them is he?

McInnes has managed against them 25 times, won 5 and lost 20. It's hardly anything to get excited about.

Never said he was Skelping him he said a manager that can beat them and he's beat them 5 times as manager 

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

McLeish didn't have a great record against them before he came in here as manager too.

2 minutes ago, JR said:

The original article from Sky didn't mention Gardening leave but interesting nonetheless. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10794585/paul-mitchell-finishes-work-for-tottenham-amid-rangers-interest

Get him and Ally in. We might not win much but we'll have some fucking pitch.