***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

44 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Ferguson was never genuinely a world class midfielder. At his best he was one of those players capable of producing a world class performance now and again but not capable of keeping that level up for any length of time.

Not that there's any shame in that, of course. 

Maybe he wasn't in the Zidane mould but the Bayern Munich manager at the time we played them in the CL  thought he was and singled him out. The 'world class' Mattheus couldn't get near him so faked a headbutt to get him sent off. Mind you the whole team were 1st class that night

1 hour ago, keithgersbear said:

Shouldn't be any rush to pick the next manager. 

It's been 3 weeks, we could appoint someone today and we wouldn't have rushed it. Baffles me why some people think delaying it any longer is going to mean we end up with someone better.

Win tonight and we're 6 points off 2nd and in the quarter finals of the cup, this season is far from over.

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

It's been 3 weeks, we could appoint someone today and we wouldn't have rushed it. Baffles me why some people think delaying it any longer is going to mean we end up with someone better.

Win tonight and we're 6 points off 2nd and in the quarter finals of the cup, this season is far from over.

Exactly. The season can still be salvaged somewhat if the board actually get off their arses and do their job for once.

But nah we will fuck about with Murty, drop more points and get punted out the cup. Next season though....just you wait!

Pathetic

Just now, The Godfather said:

Exactly. The season can still be salvaged somewhat if the board actually get off their arses and do their job for once.

But nah we will fuck about with Murty, drop more points and get punted out the cup. Next season though....just you wait!

Pathetic

Yup. The managers we could get now are the same ones we could get in the summer. Unless we're waiting to see who gets the bullett over the summer but even our board aren't that daft...

So no updates it seems, I thought Robertson was in Glasgow to meet C1872 before the game tonight, so I assume he is not on London interviewing anyone. 

Edit: from the Record site today

Rangers were closing in on a new manager last night after a delegation of directors flew to London to begin interviewing candidates including former boss Alex McLeish.

But Record Sport understands McLeish is up against a surprise contender in little known Portuguese coach Pedro Caixinha, who was previously on the brink of a move to Ibrox before Mark Warburton took the job in the summer of 2015.

1 hour ago, keithgersbear said:

Shouldn't be any rush to pick the next manager. 

Exactly. Plus I suspect anyone shouting to get anyone in now rather than the right man later will be the first to demand the anyone gets punted when there is a wobble :lol:

8 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Yea i have been thinking about that as well. I think the board are hoping to see the rest of the season out with Murty and for a Euro spot. They will take their time to see the financial ramifications of the MW situation and to pick/allow a DoF to come out with some type of plan to move us forward. I fear the board have more or less written off this season but still hope for some kind of cup run.

We have March and April, 8 league games, I think they are hoping for the best and are now in no rush as the season is almost done.

I would like a manager in just so he can asses this shambles to see who he can get a player out of. The longer that goes on the more it could cost us in budget for summer as we'd be paying folk off before we can add to this squad.  I still can't believe this set of bastards never had a plan in place.

BY RECORD SPORT ONLINE

Rangers would have to pay Pedro Caixinha’s club £600,000 in compensation if they want to land him now The Ibrox managerial contract has four months left to run on a £2million-a-year contract.

Rangers would have to pay around £600,000 if they want to make Pedro Caixinha their new manager with immediate effect.

The Portuguese coach has just four months left to run on his contract with Al Gharafa.

But the Qatari club are ready to offer him a new deal in a bid to ringfence the man in whom they believe.

The Middle Eastern side are thrilled with Caixinha’s progress – especially his work with promoting youth players.

Al Gharafa club president Sheikh Jassim bin Thamer Al-Thani said: "I am very happy with the way the club is progressing right now and the way we are playing football.

"What is particularly pleasing for me is the way our coach, Pedro Caixinha, is depending more and more on our young players.

"We are aware we need to be patient with Caixinha and his work and give him time to bring through young players.

"For this club to reach their goals, there has to be mutual understanding and respect between the management and board.

"Al Gharafa has a bright future with the current management team and we are confident we are going to get better and better with Caixinha as manager."

Record Sport exclusively revealed Caixinha is on a shortlist of names being considered for the Ibrox head coach role.

It’s believed he is on a salary of around £2million and Rangers would have to spend £660,000 now or wait until the end of the season when they can land him for nothing if they are to pursue their interest in the 46-year-old.

Al Gharafa are sitting fifth in their top flight, the Qatar Stars League, with 11 wins in 22 matches played.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-would-pay-pedro-caixinhas-9940252

It makes sense to wait until summer and not pay huge amounts of compensation, plus if the rumours are true that we have middle eastern investors on the way, then they might want a say in who the new manager will be.

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Exactly. Plus I suspect anyone shouting to get anyone in now rather than the right man later will be the first to demand the anyone gets punted when there is a wobble :lol:

Why does waiting mean we'll get someone better?

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

It makes sense to wait until summer and not pay huge amounts of compensation, plus if the rumours are true that we have middle eastern investors on the way, then they might want a say in who the new manager will be.

It makes sense not to employ him at all.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Even so.. we'll not be matching is current salary

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

It makes sense not to employ him at all.

We might not have a say, we could have new investors who wish to choose a manager. If that's the case then a intertrim manager should be placed until business dealings are sorted

1 minute ago, docspiderman said:

I am struggling to work out how the board can afford a DOF and the scouting and analytical staff cost associated with that role and attract a new head coach with both expecting a reasonable recruitment fund for the next transfer window.

Simple answer is they can't.

The ST money will take care of most of it bar the money to get the players we need.

We will be pushed some bullshit about it taking time for our new set up to bear the fruits and the gullible loyal will lap it up as per usual because it's big staunch Dave and his pals saying it.

1 minute ago, docspiderman said:

I am struggling to work out how the board can afford a DOF and the scouting and analytical staff cost associated with that role and attract a new head coach with both expecting a reasonable recruitment fund for the next transfer window.

You are not alone in thinking that mate. I keep wondering where all this money is coming from, maybe King & Co have found an investor that we do not know about, if not then it is very confusing. :confused:

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

What rumours and who form?

What concerns me more than any of the individual candidiates is the list of candidates together. 

They're not even remotely similar. Different styles, different experiences, different strengths, different weaknesses, different contacts... 

Doesnt read like a shortlist of a board working to a plan.

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

You are not alone in thinking that mate. I keep wondering where all this money is coming from, maybe King & Co have found an investor that we do not know about, if not then it is very confusing. :confused:

I am of this line of thinking that DK has found some investors