***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I am of this line of thinking that DK has found some investors

I am just confused S where all this money is coming from, but to be honest I think any investor rumours are probably just that, rumours unfortunately. 

Edit: Just to be clear when I said in an earlier post that I wondered where the money was coming from and maybe they had found some investors, it ha fuck all to do with the Middle Eastern rumours on here ever the last few weeks.

I am not sure season ticket money can cover the structure the board have been saying they want, are we not already £13M in debt to loans at the moment ? 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Aye...Us with our ST money.

Maybe. They are either drawing out the process to collect season ticket money or DK has found investors that want a say of who the manager will be.

I think DK has found investors who want a say and they are panning out the details with them. I can't see how else we could afford an experienced manager.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Maybe. They are either drawing out the process to collect season ticket money or DK has found investors that want a say of who the manager will be.

I think DK has found investors who want a say and they are panning out the details with them. I can't see how else we could afford an experienced manager.

Wit!?

King has no one lined up, there is hee haw evidence of that and if he did you could bet everyone in Scotland would be reporting on it given whenever someone at Rangers farts it's in the press. 

That's just fantasy thinking. 

We will get a manager with ST money and whatever other short term loans we can swindle. 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

ST money..

King has no one lined up, there is hee haw evidence of that and if he did you could bet everyone in Scotland would be reporting on it given whenever someone at Rangers farts it's in the press. 

That's just fantasy thinking. 

Maybe i'm being too optimistic, maybe journalist haven't investigated that rumour yet. Just wish they'd get it sorted soon, it's been nearly a month.

Out of curiosity, in switching to a DOF and Head Coach structure what other new jobs would be likely to need to be created to support a DOF and Head Coach?

Would a Head Coach be likely to want an assistant coach, or maybe more than one assistant?

Would a DOF need a deputy DOF, or some other new posts not already in existence at Ibrox?

I've no idea whether the plan is to just appoint a DOF and a Head Coach and hey presto that's it for recruitment and they just get on with their jobs by managing the existing staff resources.   Or do these types of roles typically require support staff, and in Rangers' case - if they do need support staff - are we likely to have them in the right numbers and right skills?

What I'm unsure of is whether these 2 new appointments are just the tip of the recruitment iceberg or whether these folks are going to want to bring an entourage.....which would presumably put even more strain on the finances.

Guest Lloyd72

Been mentioned on twitter that Vitor Pereira and Caixinha were meant to have agreed to be our manager until the Motherwell play off game happened

33 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

So no updates it seems, I thought Robertson was in Glasgow to meet C1872 before the game tonight, so I assume he is not on London interviewing anyone. 

Edit: from the Record site today

Rangers were closing in on a new manager last night after a delegation of directors flew to London to begin interviewing candidates including former boss Alex McLeish.

But Record Sport understands McLeish is up against a surprise contender in little known Portuguese coach Pedro Caixinha, who was previously on the brink of a move to Ibrox before Mark Warburton took the job in the summer of 2015.

why the fuck would the board fly to london to interview alex mcleish? 

that doesnt make any sense, none

unless eck lives in london, in which case i am a cunt. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Out of curiosity, in switching to a DOF and Head Coach structure what other new jobs would be likely to need to be created to support a DOF and Head Coach?

Would a Head Coach be likely to want an assistant coach, or maybe more than one assistant?

Would a DOF need a deputy DOF, or some other new posts not already in existence at Ibrox?

I've no idea whether the plan is to just appoint a DOF and a Head Coach and hey presto that's it for recruitment and they just get on with their jobs by managing the existing staff resources.   Or do these types of roles typically require support staff, and in Rangers' case - if they do need support staff - are we likely to have them in the right numbers and right skills?

What I'm unsure of is whether these 2 new appointments are just the tip of the recruitment iceberg or whether these folks are going to want to bring an entourage.....which would presumably put even more strain on the finances.

A head coach is just a manager with a different job title his backroom staff wouldn't change, the DoF would have a head of scouting and recruitment working under him and a Head of youth development he would be in control of all aspects in the club apart from managing the team.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

A head coach is just a manager with a different job title his backroom staff wouldn't change, the DoF would have a head of scouting and recruitment working under him and a Head of youth development he would be in control of all aspects in the club apart from managing the team.

Thanks.  But might a head coach still not perhaps want (or need) an assistant - a Weir replacement?    And it seems then that a head of scouting and recruitment would need to be employed to replace McParland?   If I'm following this correctly there would need to be at least one additional person recruited (Scouting & Recruitment) and maybe 2 if the selected Head Coach insisted on having a deputy?

2 minutes ago, KWBear said:

why the fuck would the board fly to london to interview alex mcleish? 

that doesnt make any sense, none

unless eck lives in london, in which case i am a cunt. 

You are right it makes no sense to me neither, and Robertson is supposed to be meeting C1872 today as well. I really have no idea what is going on now. 

Also while I am on a roll, what had become of the DoF appointment that was going to be done early this week. I will probably be told it is because we have a game tonight. :headwall:

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Maybe i'm being too optimistic, maybe journalist haven't investigated that rumour yet. Just wish they'd get it sorted soon, it's been nearly a month.

please just shut up. 

"middle eastern investors" :belm:

"billions" :belm:

"new manager" :belm:

"red bull" :belm:

Fucking get a grip. We have been farting around trying to find a cunt who is willing to be DoF for about three weeks. Supposedly its been offered to Wilson, who has blanked it and is not picking up his phone / changed his number / blocked Robertson on whatsapp and facebook, so now we are scratching around trying to find ANY cunt who will be a manager, let alone a DoF, and have heard about some cunt based in Doha who is mates with Jose Mourinho (my arse). He's a terrible option, but probably affordable, so we will most likely end up with him. 

Or Eck. Whoever is cheapest. 

There will be no fucking investment to halt this train wreck, so please stop it

8 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Been mentioned on twitter that Vitor Pereira and Caixinha were meant to have agreed to be our manager until the Motherwell play off game happened

So we are now considering giving the job to the guy who was going to be the assistant a couple of years ago? We are an absolutely riddy at the moment. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Thanks.  But might a head coach still not perhaps want (or need) an assistant - a Weir replacement?    And it seems then that a head of scouting and recruitment would need to be employed to replace McParland?   If I'm following this correctly there would need to be at least one additional person recruited (Scouting & Recruitment) and maybe 2 if the selected Head Coach insisted on having a deputy?

The only extra body would be the DoF really. With or without a DoF, we'd be getting a manager/head coach and his coaching team (1st team coach/assistant) and we'd also need a new head of recruitment to replace FMcP.

Please just do something soon Rangers!

Every cunt and their granny is doing their best to help us finish second in the league bar ourselves!

I'm hoping we are waiting to get tonights game out of the way so there are no distractions and announce DoF tomorrow closely followed by a manager!!

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

You mis understood, I mean there would be no change to a normal set up any manager would have so obviously an assistant and a team of coaches would need to be appointed 

3 minutes ago, Cobham said:

Please just do something soon Rangers!

Every cunt and their granny is doing their best to help us finish second in the league bar ourselves!

I'm hoping we are waiting to get tonights game out of the way so there are no distractions and announce DoF tomorrow closely followed by a manager!!

It's fucking exhausting waiting for any news on anything . All the whilst being subjected to one shite performance after the other .