***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

1 hour ago, Frank Harrison said:

Why does waiting mean we'll get someone better?

No, not automatically.

But let me reverse the question: Does waiting mean we will get someone who isn't as good? There may be better options who aren't available at the moment.

I have as much idea as anyone as to what is going on, but would folk not prefer to wait if there wasn't anyone suitable right now? I would personally prefer an interim manager until we can get the right man, otherwise we may be paying someone compensation very soon when they fail and our fans kick up a stink. If we can't get an interim then we are stuck with Murty for better or worse.

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

No, not automatically.

But let me reverse the question: Does waiting mean we will get someone who isn't as good? There may be better options who aren't available at the moment.

I have as much idea as anyone as to what is going on, but would folk not prefer to wait if there wasn't anyone suitable right now? I would personally prefer an interim manager until we can get the right man, otherwise we may be paying someone compensation very soon when they fail and our fans kick up a stink. If we can't get an interim then we are stuck with Murty for better or worse.

Interim manager until we can get the right man:tu:

32 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Eck is too much of a hands on old school type manager for our new structure

Actually I think a hands on old School type might be exactly what this squad require. It appears all to cosy these days. Eck knows what it takes to Win.

51 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Did you see that online mate? Or hear it on the radio? He's out of the contract in the summer and he just said today that they haven't even opened talks on a new one. I was shocked by that and all the fans online are calling for them to get him signed up. I'd be delighted if we could get him but can't see how he'd come here considering he's in the playoffs with Leeds and if he did leave Premier league/ other Championship teams would be in for him. 

Online mate 

can't see it now though :lol:

1 hour ago, Cobham said:

Obviously I want the best for Rangers but £20 @ 40/1 would make that none too shabby for me also! I tried to lump £50 in my drunken state only to be denied.

I tried exactly that but the max I could stake at 40's was £21.21 for some random reason, I tried to bet again but it would not let me.

37 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

The list of managers that we are seemingly interested in is shocking .

This board are clueless. 

The list is nonsense mate. 3 different papers have said 3 different things. Nobody knows, there is no leaks.

Monk came from Jellybeans. McLeish & McInnes came from previous connection. Rowatt came from FF. Caxinha came from FF/Bookies. Papers know nothing.

I'm convinced the Pedro chat has came right from the bookies website, I saw his name days ago then someone posted yesterday on FF shouting he had ITK info and Wilson wanted Caxinha and the papers have latched on to it. Praying he is talking out his arse.

30 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

Actually I think a hands on old School type might be exactly what this squad require. It appears all to cosy these days. Eck knows what it takes to Win.

The majority of this squad hopefully won't be here next season.

15 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I tried exactly that but the max I could stake at 40's was £21.21 for some random reason, I tried to bet again but it would not let me.

I did that with PP. Tried to bet £50, to wich they said £20 was max bet. I bet £20 then tried to bet another £20 but it didn't let me.

The names that been announced are no really encouraging .

Big Eck - He came 3rd in two horse race and fans demanded he was sacked.

Predo Caixinha- Some guy was going be our no 2 if we beat Motherwell in playoff final

Gary Monk - He has chance to take Leeds to playoffs and doubt he would leave Leeds for us

Mcinnes - Doubt he would leave the sheep for us .

Rowett -He sounds like other Warburton .

Alex Neil - He is deccent manager but then fans will not want him cos he meant be a celtic fan .

1 minute ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

The names that been announced are no really encouraging .

Big Eck - He came 3rd in two horse race and fans demanded he was sacked.

Predo Caixinha- Some guy was going be our no 2 if we beat Motherwell in playoff final

Gary Monk - He has chance to take Leeds to playoffs and doubt he would leave Leeds for us

Mcinnes - Doubt he would leave the sheep for us .

Rowett -He sounds like other Warburton .

Alex Neil - He is deccent manager but then fans will not want him cos he meant be a celtic fan .

If we offered McInnes the job you don't think he would leave Aberdeen to manage Rangers?