***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Sad to say but i think McInnes is looking like the best bet so far.

Hopefully the DOF has a few contacts and can get us a few decent players in, dont think i would trust McInnes with money, would probably spunk £1m on Hayes like Warburton wanted to do.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

They mentioned that on STV News too - wait, does this mean the DOF doesn't get to pick the boss? what will he be doing exactly? or have they already confirmed the DOF and McLeish is his choice and they're confirming them both at the same time?

What a clusterfuck. 

Ross Wilson knows John Park, John Park is best buddies with McLeish.......just saying.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Exactly! Too late for a caretaker as they've taken that fucking long and as for a DOF and no doubt the staff he will require, a waste of money from wherever the fuck they will get it from. Would even a good one make an impact to overtake the scum on an already limited budget? I seriously doubt it. The little money we have would be far better spent and return greater value on attracting a decent manager.

I think you are right.  If we are skint (and we seem to be) then why split the money available over two appointments (ie DoF and manager) instead of pooling the cash and going for a better managerial appointment? 

Just now, DeanMK said:

My first knee jerk reaction when Warburton news broke was get McLeish until end of season. I wasn't too happy with the likes of Mcinnes/Wright/Davies name being banded about.

The longer it has went on the less I want McLeish and the more I want McInnes. Apart from last night Aberdeen had won 10/11 games. Taking them from botton half under Craig Brown to consistent 2nd place under a smaller budget than us.

He's also part of 9iar, playing under Smith and Advocaat (two great managers to learn from),has a wealth of experience in Europe and winning leagues with us

Just now, K.A.I said:

They mentioned that on STV News too - wait, does this mean the DOF doesn't get to pick the boss? what will he be doing exactly? or have they already confirmed the DOF and McLeish is his choice and they're confirming them both at the same time?

What a clusterfuck. 

Can't wait for the first Daily Record article about the relationship breakdown between manager and DoF.

16 minutes ago, RDFM said:

What has he accomplished that makes him a "very decent" candidate?

He led Burton to back-to-back playoffs in League Two, rescued a flailing Birmingham (21st to 10th in C'ship) and was looking a decent bet to get them in the playoffs before the new board appointed their own man.

I don't see how he's anything but a very decent candidate. He's not been in management long enough to be any better than that, has been successful enough in the jobs he has done to be at least that.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Glad we got round to interviewing a guy who's been available this past 3 weeks.

A complete and utter shambles.

Exactly.  If they appoint McLeish now it clearly means that they have failed with other candidates.  Shambles is the word. 

Well rumour is big eck was kings preferred choice when we appointed Warburton. 

What a fucking shambles. Fucking called it as well. Fucking piss arse around for three weeks realising just how fucking skint we are, then appoint this aberration of a manager. Seen it fucking coming from MILES off.

It's honestly hard to keep caring. Unless he is in for chats about an interim appointment then this board can fuck right off and eat shite.  

2 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Well rumour is big eck was kings preferred choice when we appointed Warburton. 

What a fucking shambles. Fucking called it as well. Fucking piss arse around for three weeks realising just how fucking skint we are, then appoint this aberration of a manager. Seen it fucking coming from MILES off.

It's honestly hard to keep caring. Unless he is in for chats about an interim appointment then this board can fuck right off and eat shite.  

The one I'd heard that King wanted last time around before the board convinced him of Warburton was Bob Bradley

2 minutes ago, williamcarvel9 said:

The one I'd heard that King wanted last time around before the board convinced him of Warburton was Bob Bradley

Nah it was common'ish knowledge back in August that King didn't like Warburton and always wanted McLeish. 

Warburton was the favourite of Gilligan and Paul Murray. Posted it at the time after the Celtic game. Might have been one of the threads about Burton and the bust-up.

1 minute ago, MARK92GERS said:

Love how everyone is stressing over this pedro, mcleish talk etc tbh its clear to me no cunt has a clue media outlets in the knows its all made up shite 

No-one ever goes back and quotes these posts when the media get it right. 

I might do that and we can put this RM myth to bed about the media knowing nothing 100% of the time.