How has the first season back in the Premier League been for you?

rangerslion

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I didn't expect Celtic to be as strong as they've turned out to be and that obviously makes our situation look 10x worse. 

The thing is, Celtic aren't actually that strong a team. Look at their performance in Europe where they got completely humped in pretty much every game they played, whereas about 10 years ago, they could expect to give them a good game and perhaps win some of the time.

2 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Could be even worser, could be this sad cunt who's patter definitely came out of merry macs fun parade in the sunday post! This is how we as a club are in the state we are in, he reflects the way things are run, stuck in the dignified silence apologist past! 

image.gif

You had me - I mean lost me at 'worser' :lol: 

:pipe: 

I wasn't expecting massive things this season I only wanted to see us progressing building a team to challenge nxt season as i always felt this season was to soon for us but under that clown Warburton we've regressed. He's left us wae a team full of shite! So until we can get rid of this dreadful team and get in a new 1 run by a decent manager there will be no imminent title challenge! 

12 hours ago, rangerslion said:

That's what I've thought as well. It was never going to be a walk in the park. Teams like Aberdeen and Hearts have reasonable squad with a few decent players in there.  For what we have spend on our squad we are pretty much bang on the money results wise.

Aw ffs kill yourselves 

14 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You had me - I mean lost me at 'worser' :lol: 

:pipe: 

You're well lost and easily, you remind me of an assessment the legendary Bill Shankly once made of an opposing player, "that bp9 is very deceptive, he's a lot slower than he looks" ! ?

image.gif

57 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

First month we had 2 draws to Hamilton and Killie with narrow wins against Dundee and Motherwell. Set the tone really for the rest of the season.

Yip. That from starting  last season by humping hibs 6-2 just shows what a fuck up this seasons been

23 hours ago, rangerslion said:

I don't know if this is just an internet thing, but most bears I talk to offline are more inclined to have a grasp on what was expected this season. I think pretty much everyone apart from some of our own tipped us for 2nd/3rd in the league, even a lot of our own, based of where we had come from and what we had spend. We don't have the players of old where we're going to dominate teams and win 3, 4 and 5-0 on a regular basis, we've not went out and spent anything that great on players and we're trying to get back on our feet. So 2nd/3rd was pretty much the place that was being touted pre season.

Based of what you've saw so far and what you were expecting. Do you think this season has been enjoyable and are you looking forward the the rest of the season?

I'll answer this as well. My opinion is it has been good in places and bad in other places. I'd of like Warburton and co to have the balls for the fight and want to stay till the end of the season at least. A few players like Barton, Niko and young Jordan R would have made a world of difference if they were all fit, apart from Barton ofc. But apart from that it's been alright. I don't expect us to go out and beat teams like we used to when our current squad is only worth 15-20% of what it should be.

A bit like this.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Blue Bear Champ said:

pretty much where I'd have expected us to be in the league even though at times we have not performed as you'd have expected. something to build on for next season, remember the way is down when you reach the top. new season, new ambitions & new hope.

I'd love to have your optimism but there is no reason to look forward to next season. Right now we have no manager, no DoF, no money from a skint board and overall a pretty shit squad. Where does this positivity come from?  :lol:

Mind you, I do hope I feel a bit more optimistic in the summer, But right now this season has been pretty much crap.